Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 3, 2023 22:25

MelBelli
Another worthwhile peak behind the scenes from guitarist Tom Bukovak:

[youtu.be]

Due to Covid precautions, Keith rehearsed with Willie in a tent in the parking lot. The music was piped back to the band via stage monitors. But, Keith being Keith, he came back to greet all the backing musicians anyway!

Bukovak also notes that Don Was is remixing the audio for an eventual TV broadcast.

Keith being Keith probably realises he has nothing to fear from people.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 3, 2023 23:21

ProfessorWolf
and here it is folks

what we've all been waiting all weekend for

This is absolutly beautifull and moving!

Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 3, 2023 23:38

MelBelli
Another worthwhile peak behind the scenes from guitarist Tom Bukovak:

[youtu.be]

Due to Covid precautions, Keith rehearsed with Willie in a tent in the parking lot. The music was piped back to the band via stage monitors. But, Keith being Keith, he came back to greet all the backing musicians anyway!

Bukovak also notes that Don Was is remixing the audio for an eventual TV broadcast.

Nice wrap up from Bukovac. And he got himself a Keith pick, too.

Thanks for posting, MelBelli.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 4, 2023 01:42

Photos: Jay Blakesberg

"Willie Nelson 90th birthday was pretty legendary - I have to say that Keith Richards has a rock star magnetism like i have never seen before…time stopped, the stars realigned and magic stardust fell on our heads…and then he did one take if each of his songs with Willie and was gone! Wow! The magic continued with Billy Strings and then Sheryl who randomly sat at my dinner table in catering and was super cool! I reminded her that I shot her first ever magazine cover in 1991…BAM Magazine. More to come from this incredible weekend. Photos: @jayblakesberg for @blackbird_presents"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2023 04:18

Those are some sweet photos by Jay Blakesberg -thanks for posting Cristiano.

Date: May 4, 2023 17:51

© Noble Visions | Josh Timmermans

Lifelong friends, reunited once again! Keith Richards and Willie Nelson on Sunday night during Willie Nelson's 90th Birthday show at the Hollywood Bowl by Blackbird Presents Keith and Willie performed "We Had It All" and "Live Forever"

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 4, 2023 19:07

Doxa
Really nice and sweet performance by Keith. And that English Column comment was a spot on - despite most of the folk missing it. Or maybe that's why...

Great to see him in such good spirits. Future will still shine brightly.

- Doxa

Can someone be so kind to explain the English Column comment?

THANK YOUUU!!

C

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2023 19:23

Nelson's Column is a famous monument in Trafalgar Square in the City of Westminster, Central London, UK.

Nelson's Column

Bjornulf

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 4, 2023 19:34

bv
Nelson's Column is a famous monument in Trafalgar Square in the City of Westminster, Central London, UK.

Nelson's Column

AHHHHHHHH feel stupid!

C

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2023 21:43

"I have to say that Keith Richards has a rock star magnetism like i have never seen before…time stopped, the stars realigned and magic stardust fell on our heads…"

Great "description"...it reminds me of when we were allowed in at the Bondy Rehearsals in 2012, going through corridors, going up the steps and then arriving on the balcony and who's there ? Keith and his buzzing guitar, Mick and the others. You feel suspended in time for sure !

Anyway, wanted to comment that Keith still seems to be in his great 2022 shape, no longer hanging on by the skin of his teeth like he seemed to be doing at the 2012 O2 show and many times since, 2017 in Paris when he had to sit, completely unexpected...He's definitely TOUR READY !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 4, 2023 22:28

liddas
bv

Nelson's Column

AHHHHHHHH feel stupid!

C

I first heard about it the first time I heard CB smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 08:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 5, 2023 00:23

DiegoGlimmerStones
Another pic of Keith from first night

[www.instagram.com]

Who is this with Keef?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 5, 2023 00:30

Who is this with Keef?[/quote]

A beautiful woman.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 5, 2023 07:55

Beautiful.

When Keith grins like that... you know the world is turning okay no matter what.

Date: May 5, 2023 22:17

Willie Nelson and Keith Richards rehearsing "Live Forever" for Willie's 90th Birthday Shows at the Hollywood Bowl.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: May 5, 2023 22:35

Anyone interested in seeing The Outlaw Music Festival feat. Willie Nelson & Family this year can purchase tickets next week through Live Nation's $25 sale

[www.livenationentertainment.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 6, 2023 22:37

"Catching up with an old friend at Willie’s birthday last weekend @officialkeef"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2023 01:05

VoodooLounge13
DiegoGlimmerStones
Another pic of Keith from first night

[www.instagram.com]

Who is this with Keef?

It appears to be a waitress of some kind?

Date: May 9, 2023 13:26

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 9, 2023 21:26

bye bye johnny

[www.facebook.com]

thanks for sharing

keith looks good in that jacket

and maybe i'm crazy but i swear his hands look better then they did a couple years ago

less swelling around the joints

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2023 21:57

Talk powder or talcum ?????? ...... hhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: May 10, 2023 02:53

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 17, 2023 03:10

LONG STORY SHORT: WILLIE NELSON 90 IS COMING TO CINEMAS

May 16, 2023
By: Blackbird Presents

The limited theatrical release will feature a selection of the most memorable moments and unforgettable collaborations from the star-studded two-day concert event celebrating Willie Nelson’s milestone 90th birthday. This historic concert film, recorded live on April 29 and 30, 2023 before a sold-out crowd at the legendary Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California, includes once-in-a-lifetime performances by Willie Nelson, Keith Richards, Snoop Dogg, George Strait, Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert, Neil Young, The Lumineers, Gary Clark Jr., Sheryl Crow, Jack Johnson, Billy Strings and many more. Premiering in theaters on Sunday, June 11, with a special encore presentation on June 13 and 14.

The two-hour-plus limited release film will give fans the opportunity to re-live or experience for the first time this epic event described by USA Today as “headed for the concert history books”. Honoring the legacy of 12-time GRAMMY Award-winner, the scene at the Hollywood Bowl transcended genres, with Associated Press remarking “The parade of partners illustrated one of the night’s themes: Willie brings people together.”

Willie was joined live on stage by an incredible lineup of performing artists including surprise guest Keith Richards, Allison Russell, Billy Strings, Bobby Weir, Booker T. Jones, Buddy Cannon, Charley Crockett, Charlie Sexton, Chris Stapleton, Daniel Lanois, Dave Matthews, Dwight Yoakam, Edie Brickell, Emmylou Harris, Gary Clark Jr., George Strait, Jack Johnson, Kris Kristofferson, Leon Bridges, Lily Meola, Lukas Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Margo Price, Miranda Lambert, Nathaniel Rateliff, Neil Young, Orville Peck, Particle Kid, Rodney Crowell, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Shooter Jennings, Snoop Dogg, Stephen Stills, Sturgill Simpson, The Avett Brothers, The Lumineers, Tom Jones, Tyler Childers, Warren Haynes, Waylon Payne, Ziggy Marley and more. The star-studded celebration also featured special tributes and presentations by Chelsea Handler Ethan Hawke, Helen Mirren, Jennifer Garner, Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson. The house band was led by GRAMMY Award-winning Music Director Don Was, and also featured Audley Freed, Benmont Tench, Gabe Witcher, Greg Leisz, Mickey Raphael, Terence Higgins, Tom Bukovac, Alfreda McCrary, Ann McCrary and Regina McCrary.

The concert film will include highlights from across the two nights of shows with full performances and special guest presentations. Fans in the cinemas will be treated to an immersive experience, with a state-of-the-art cinematic presentation and pristine 5.1 stereo surround sound. The Willie 90th birthday concert event sold out instantly, but now all fans can experience this celebrated event honoring a living legend as if they were in the front row.

“Demand to attend this historic concert event was unprecedented. Willie wanted to make sure his 90th birthday party included and was accessible to all of his fans. This concert film release will allow everyone to join in and celebrate with Willie and an amazing line-up of superstar artists. We are thrilled to share this concert event with fans around the globe in such a unique and powerful way,” said Nelson’s manager Mark Rothbaum and Keith Wortman, CEO of Blackbird Presents.

“We are truly excited to present Willie Nelson 90 in theaters as a celebration to the legendary musician’s 90th birthday,” said Joe Hand Jr, President of Joe Hand Promotions. “Willie Nelson has had an indelible impact on the world, and we are thrilled to provide fans with a unique opportunity to celebrate his milestone birthday through this special concert event. The theater experience will recapture the energy and excitement of this historic live show and present it to fans around the world with a superior viewing experience on the big screen. It’s an honor to have the opportunity to help share this historic event, and we look forward to celebrating his remarkable legacy and timeless music in theaters on June 11th.”

Tickets for this exclusive concert event will be available for purchase starting today at willienelson90experience.com. Fans are encouraged to secure their tickets early, as this special event is expected to pack theaters everywhere.

[blackbirdpresents.com]

--

Trailer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 19:24 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 18, 2023 19:01

^ So they will condense 5 hours of music into 2 hours. Call me disappointed since there will be a lot of great performances on the cutting room floor.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 18, 2023 19:16

Three hours would have been better.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 20, 2023 06:01

May ya long reign Willie!

Golden rings on yer!!

Date: June 9, 2023 22:22

Willie Nelson set to appear for world premiere of his film on Maui

‘Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90’ captures concert celebrating his 90th birthday

John Woodhouse
June 9, 2023

Willie Nelson plays alongside son Lukas Nelson on April 29. RANDALL MICHELSON

For Willie Nelson’s 90th birthday, a star-studded lineup of guests put on a two-day concert at the Hollywood Bowl in April — a tribute that his son called “a fantastic gift.”

“It was a very moving experience,” recalled Lukas Nelson. “It just made me feel great that people were celebrating dad and everybody was so generous giving their time, and the outpouring of love towards him made me well up with pride. It was a fantastic gift for my father to see how much people love him.”

The concert was captured in a documentary, “Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90,” which will make its world premiere at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center on Saturday. The evening will include a question-and-answer session with the country legend before the screening.

The film of his 90th birthday shows at the Hollywood Bowl on April 29 and 30 features such stars as Keith Richards, Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Dave Matthews, George Strait, Norah Jones, Emmylou Harris, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, Jack Johnson, Ziggy Marley and Snoop Dogg.

Maui was well represented at the historic event with former as well as full- and part-time residents, including Kris Kristofferson, Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson, Lukas and Micah Nelson, Lily Meola and the country icon himself.

“This is our home too,” Willie Nelson said about why he wanted to premiere the film on Maui. “We have an extended tribe, and part of that is on Maui. People weren’t able to fly to Los Angeles to come to the shows, so we wanted to bring it to them.”

The shows were widely praised. Variety hailed it “a momentous event in pop culture,” while USA Today proclaimed it was one for “the concert history books.” A reviewer in Texas Monthly declared it was “the finest concert event I’ve ever attended.”

“I definitely teared up more than once at the love and profound respect manifested that weekend,” said son Micah Nelson. “To see his deep history honored in such a way was powerful.”

For Maui’s Meola, “being surrounded by such incredible talent, people that I’ve looked up to for my entire life was kind of like an out-of-body experience.” She performed “Will You Remember Mine,” with Willie Nelson, from the album “To All The Girls,” and joined all the performers for the closing gospel medley “Will the Circle Be Unbroken/I’ll Fly Away.”

Some of the epic moments over the two nights included Rolling Stone Richards performing “We Had It All” and “Live Forever,” with the country icon, backed by his sons on guitars.

“He and my dad singing ‘Live Forever’ was a like a plot point in the universe,” marveled Micah Nelson. “I loved playing and connecting with Keith. We got to hang for a while before the show, played some guitar and talked. Something about his energy relaxed me deep down, like my soul exhaled and I don’t think I ever came back from it.”

Variety cited Lukas Nelson’s solo “interpretation of dad’s ‘Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground’ as a knockout.”

“I just went up there with an acoustic (guitar) like I’m used to playing it,” said Lukas Nelson. “It’s one of my favorite songs of all time. It’s hard to mess that one up. It’s one of the great songs ever written.”

“Everything got totally silent,” Micah Nelson said about his brother’s performance. “You could hear a whisper. The massive Hollywood Bowl momentarily turned into an intimate living room and you could hear every nuance. It was so minimal and soulful.”

Billboard reported “the most inspired ensemble of the night” on April 30, saw a tribute to the country supergroup The Highwaymen, which had featured Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Kristofferson, with “the offspring of the original group, Lukas and Micah Nelson, Shooter Jennings and Rosanne Cash” performing the song “The Highwayman.”

“I grew up on the Highwaymen family tours as a young kid hearing those songs every night,” Micah Nelson recalled. “It was very nostalgic for me. I’ve always loved that song. I hope I did Kris justice. I thought everyone did great. It turned out to be a highlight.”

For Meola, “the coolest part was seeing all these incredible people come out to honor him. There were people that I grew up listening to like Norah Jones and Sheryl Crow. Lukas always just takes everyone’s breath away and Micah has got such great energy and a unique sound.”

At the close of the epic two-nighter, Micah Nelson thanked everyone for honoring his dad and keeping the music alive.

“If my dad couldn’t play music for people, he wouldn’t have a reason to stick around,” he explained. “The audience that continues to buy his records and show up night after night and sing and dance and bask in his magic… they feed his soul. They have such a deep respect for him because they know he has a deep respect for his audience. The people who work hard to save money to buy tickets to see the artists sing the songs they love, they keep us alive physically, mentally, emotionally.”

The closing finale, he said, “was like a wild lucid flash snapshot dream sequence. A tornado of celebratory rapturous energy. It was almost too much, a lot like a dream. The whole gathering was a refreshing reminder of the valuable things in life, especially during such weird, scary, divisive times. To unify around such a beautiful, uplifting thing. To recognize the power of songs and the legacy of someone with such compassion and integrity and unique fearless talent. There were spirits everywhere, smiling and remembering. We love him so much. I’m so happy he’s still here, and we got to honor him and thank him in such a big way.”

Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90,” is presented on Saturday at the MACC’s A&B Amphitheater and Yokouchi Pavilion. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Gail Swanson and friends will perform before the question-and-answer session with Nelson, which will be followed by the screening. Tickets are $40 plus applicable fees, with price increases the day of the show. All tickets are general admission. Ticket buyers should bring blankets, mats or low-back beach chairs. Proceeds will benefit the Maui Food Bank.

[www.mauinews.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 10, 2023 05:43

I'm seeing the film Sunday afternoon, locally.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2023 05:45

Who with Angeeeeeeeee ????? Who with ???? ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 10, 2023 19:41

Just me, all by my lonesome, eeeeee. cool smiley

Didn't know anyone who would pay for or want to see such an event, a filmed
concert tribute to Will-eeeee.

Is it playing anywhere in your area, Rockeeee?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 19:42 by angee.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home