Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 1, 2023 09:21

Amazing. Keith looking and sounding good - please stay that way for 2024.

Also - worth comparing this to the last time Keith and Willie sang this song together nearly 20 years ago... yes Willie is sitting down now and maybe the guitar solo wasn't as crisp this time round but overall, for both of them to be able to perform the song to a similar standard at approx 80/90 years of age compared to 60/70 years of age is remarkable.

Whatever magic cup Willie and Keith drink out of, I would like to order a pint!

Date: May 1, 2023 09:26

GJB
Amazing. Keith looking and sounding good - please stay that way for 2024.

Also - worth comparing this to the last time Keith and Willie sang this song together nearly 20 years ago... yes Willie is sitting down now and maybe the guitar solo wasn't as crisp this time round but overall, for both of them to be able to perform the song to a similar standard at approx 80/90 years of age compared to 60/70 years of age is remarkable.

Whatever magic cup Willie and Keith drink out of, I would like to order a pint!

It was better now! smiling smiley

Date: May 1, 2023 09:36

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 1, 2023 09:36

Lovely to see .... fanks Professor.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: May 1, 2023 09:37

Keith’s in his element playing these songs isn’t he? Great stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 1, 2023 09:42

It's great that the event was filmed. Look forward to the DVD/Blu-Ray somewhere down the line.

Date: May 1, 2023 09:46

PS: No stool for Keith .... Ankles seem fine ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 1, 2023 09:51

Willie and Keith. No need to do anything but listen,

[spaces.hightail.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-01 09:54 by daspyknows.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 1, 2023 10:19

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 1, 2023 10:21

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 1, 2023 11:25

I really enjoyed that, better vocally than the presumably coked up Keith with Willie version in 2004, although this time Willie takes lead guitar work Keith compliments both songs he sings really confidently, heartfelt and strong.

It's more of a relief than anything else ( considering we don't actually know the real reason the Stones are inactive live this year ) to see Keith sing and move so well, he keeps going on doesn't he, just the same Keith doing his thing and doing it better with continued sobriety.

Let's hope he keeps on going this year with the Wino's or Ronnie or something because if Mick, for what ever reason doesn't want to tour this year, it probably means he doesn't want to tour again with the Stones period, There isn't always next year at these ages, he knows that..

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 1, 2023 12:32

Thanks, made my day! smiling smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 1, 2023 12:41

Keef & Willie
We Had it All/Live for Ever

Keef looks and sounds great.
They picked the perfect songs to duet!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-01 12:45 by spikenyc.

Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 1, 2023 13:30

April 30

Randall Michelson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-02 20:20 by bye bye johnny.

Date: May 1, 2023 13:31

Lookin' healthy ..... lurv ya Keith

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 1, 2023 14:32

Better sound, both songs.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: May 1, 2023 14:45

[youtu.be]

Nice one

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 1, 2023 14:57

I wish Keith could have joined Willie and Snoop for "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die", as a tribute to Bert Richards

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 1, 2023 15:28

Nice to see Pierre there too - seems like everybody wanted to be part of the celebration! Wonder what the after-party was like…

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: May 1, 2023 16:07

Can anyone tell/confirm if that’s Benmont Tench playing piano off to the side behind Keith?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 1, 2023 16:21

ThumpinJackFlash
Can anyone tell/confirm if that’s Benmont Tench playing piano off to the side behind Keith?

Yes

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:00

make my day too
thanks for posting
looking and sounding good
mucho love Keith and Willie

Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:09

Keith Richards Surprises Fans at Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday Concert, Sings ‘Live Forever’ With Willie

The Rolling Stones guitarist also performed "We Had It All" with Nelson during the second of two L.A. birthday concerts for the Red Headed Stranger

By Joseph Hudak
May 1, 2023

Randall Michelson

With his signature one-liner — “It’s good to be here, it’s good to be anywhere” — Keith Richards emerged onstage at the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday night to sing with Willie Nelson at the second of the country legend’s two 90th birthday concerts. Together onstage, Richards, 79, and Nelson, 90 plus a day, made their case as the ultimate survivors. They sang about it, too, capping a two-song performance with Billy Joe Shaver’s eternal “Live Forever.”

But first, they revisited “We Had It All,” which they performed back in 2004 at the Wiltern in L.A. for another live tribute to Nelson titled Outlaws & Angels. “I’d like to thank Willie for inviting me to this party,” Richards said before Nelson kicked off the song, written by Troy Seals and Donnie Fritts. The pair traded verses as the house band, led by Don Was and featuring Jamey Johnson, along with Nelson’s sons Lukas and Micah, backed them up.

“I’m surrounded by Nelsons,” Richards quipped afterward. Then they kicked into Shaver’s “Live Forever.” With lyrics like “I’m going to live forever, I’m going to cross that river/I’m gonna catch tomorrow now,” it’s an anthem for both seizing the moment and leaving a lasting legacy. “When this old world is blown asunder,” they harmonized, “and all the stars fall from the sky/remember, someone really loves you.”

Over two star-studded nights in L.A., that love for Nelson was clear. On Saturday night’s opening concert, guests like Billy Strings, Kris Kristofferson, and Norah Jones, who all returned on Sunday, serenaded Nelson with some of his timeless hits. Nelson turned 90 on April 29th. This summer, he’ll launch the Outlaw Music Festival Tour with a rotating lineup of artists.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:35

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards Surprises Fans at Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday Concert, Sings ‘Live Forever’ With Willie

The Rolling Stones guitarist also performed "We Had It All" with Nelson during the second of two L.A. birthday concerts for the Red Headed Stranger

By Joseph Hudak
May 1, 2023

Randall Michelson

With his signature one-liner — “It’s good to be here, it’s good to be anywhere” — Keith Richards emerged onstage at the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday night to sing with Willie Nelson at the second of the country legend’s two 90th birthday concerts. Together onstage, Richards, 79, and Nelson, 90 plus a day, made their case as the ultimate survivors. They sang about it, too, capping a two-song performance with Billy Joe Shaver’s eternal “Live Forever.”

But first, they revisited “We Had It All,” which they performed back in 2004 at the Wiltern in L.A. for another live tribute to Nelson titled Outlaws & Angels. “I’d like to thank Willie for inviting me to this party,” Richards said before Nelson kicked off the song, written by Troy Seals and Donnie Fritts. The pair traded verses as the house band, led by Don Was and featuring Jamey Johnson, along with Nelson’s sons Lukas and Micah, backed them up.

“I’m surrounded by Nelsons,” Richards quipped afterward. Then they kicked into Shaver’s “Live Forever.” With lyrics like “I’m going to live forever, I’m going to cross that river/I’m gonna catch tomorrow now,” it’s an anthem for both seizing the moment and leaving a lasting legacy. “When this old world is blown asunder,” they harmonized, “and all the stars fall from the sky/remember, someone really loves you.”

Over two star-studded nights in L.A., that love for Nelson was clear. On Saturday night’s opening concert, guests like Billy Strings, Kris Kristofferson, and Norah Jones, who all returned on Sunday, serenaded Nelson with some of his timeless hits. Nelson turned 90 on April 29th. This summer, he’ll launch the Outlaw Music Festival Tour with a rotating lineup of artists.

[www.rollingstone.com]

That’s a beautiful photo right there.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:45

Javadave
Keith and Willie dueting on Waylon Jennings' "We Had It All" right now.

Donnie Fritts / Troy Seals wrote it

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:40

daspyknows
Willie and Keith. No need to do anything but listen,

[spaces.hightail.com]

thanks

sounds good

how was the show?

Date: May 1, 2023 18:42

MelBelli
bye bye johnny

By Joseph Hudak
May 1, 2023

Randall Michelson

[www.rollingstone.com]

That’s a beautiful photo right there.

it really is

keith looks genuinely humbled here

Date: May 1, 2023 18:48

bye bye johnny
April 30

Randall Michelson

he's still got that healthy happy glow that he radiated last summer

great to see!grinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 1, 2023 20:01

Keith looks and sounds soooo good, and thanks for the videos of the Willie/Keith duets.

Just to note, on this:
"Let's hope he keeps on going this year with the Wino's or Ronnie or something because if Mick, for what ever reason doesn't want to tour this year, it probably means he doesn't want to tour again with the Stones period, There isn't always next year at these ages, he knows that.."

I completely disagree. For whatever reason, including possibly his ankle injury, they couldn't do this summer and couldn't find the space in the fall. That does not rule out next year, nor does it mean Mick doesn't want to tour again with the Stones..

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2023 20:04

Keith and Willie - sounding good, and looking good.

LEGENDS.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home