Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT: Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 26, 2023 08:55

Last night at Stanford

[youtu.be]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2023 19:17

MizzAmandaJonez
Last night at Stanford

[youtu.be]

So he's finally sitting down. I hope he never gets like some of the legends I've seen at the end. The band plays forever and then brings out the artist for a couple songs and that's it.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 27, 2023 02:07

24FPS
The cheapest seat is $300 for one night. Too rich for my blood. I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl with a 40 piece orchestra. I don't think he ever did there anywhere else. A magical night. I'm hoping they film/video this for a commercial release. They did it for a Jeff Beck concert a couple years back and it's fantastic.

I am pretty sure this will be similar to the Autism Speaks benefit with lots of people coming and going. Willie is not playing for 4 hours back to back nights.

OT: Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 27, 2023 17:06

George Strait, Kris Kristofferson, Dave Matthews join all-star Willie Nelson 90 lineup

By Craig Marks
April 26, 2023

Willie Nelson is going to have plenty of help blowing out the candles for his 90th birthday this weekend in L.A.

Dave Matthews, Kris Kristofferson (a young’un at 86), George Strait, Emmylou Harris, Dwight Yoakam, Gary Clark Jr., Jack Johnson and Stephen Stills are among the artists who have been added to Saturday and Sunday’s Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 concerts at the Hollywood Bowl.

[www.latimes.com]

Date: April 27, 2023 20:04

Helen Mirren, Woody Harrelson & Chelsea Handler Join Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday Hollywood Bowl Concert: Exclusive

They are among the presenters who will help introduce the more than 45 artists heralding Nelson's milestone birthday this weekend.

By Melina Newman
April 27, 2023

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 27, 2023 22:26

Maybe it was supposed to be a secret, but, according to Tom Bukovak, who’s playing in the house band, Keith is going to be there:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2023 22:29

MelBelli
Maybe it was supposed to be a secret, but, according to Tom Bukovak, who’s playing in the house band, Keith is going to be there:

[youtu.be]

Nice!

Date: April 27, 2023 22:52

Great find, MelBelli!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 27, 2023 23:58

yes thanks for spotting that

had a feeling he'd be involved with this

hopefully he'll be at crossroads too

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2023 00:43

Excellent news.thumbs up

Date: April 28, 2023 01:50

MelBelli

[youtu.be]

It reminded me when the Stones played the Hollywood Bowl in 2005. He said, "The last time we played here was 1966. The setlist hasn't changed much."

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 28, 2023 01:54

Wait for the “Keith is ready to tour” comments.

Date: April 28, 2023 02:50

Just had a flashback of being at the Wiltern Theater back in 2004 for the Outlaws and Angels concert.
What a great night it was with Willie, Keith, Toots, Merle, Al Green, Joe Walsh, and Jerry Lee Lewis to name just a few.
Hard to believe it was nearly 20 years ago............to quote a Willie tune - funny how time slips away....

Wish this Willie at 90 celebration event was going to be live streamed, but looking forward to videos and reviews, etc.
And I imagine there will be an official dvd of some sorts in the future...

Meanwhile, Keith and Willie: We Had it All - Wiltern Theater, 2004

Date: April 28, 2023 06:14

Hairball
Just had a flashback of being at the Wiltern Theater back in 2004 for the Outlaws and Angels concert.
What a great night it was with Willie, Keith, Toots, Merle, Al Green, Joe Walsh, and Jerry Lee Lewis to name just a few.
Hard to believe it was nearly 20 years ago............to quote a Willie tune - funny how time slips away....

Wish this Willie at 90 celebration event was going to be live streamed, but looking forward to videos and reviews, etc.
And I imagine there will be an official dvd of some sorts in the future...

Meanwhile, Keith and Willie: We Had it All - Wiltern Theater, 2004

Should be some good audio coming out of this.

Date: April 28, 2023 16:29

Date: April 28, 2023 17:47

Lukas & Micah Nelson cover "Bloody Mary Morning" on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, April 27:

Date: April 28, 2023 18:42

All-Star House Band Led by Grammy Award-Winning Music Director Don Was Set for Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday Event

by Tiffany Goldstein
April 28, 2023

All-star house band Led by Grammy Award-winning Music Director, Don Was will join the lineup for Long Story Shot: Willie Nelson 90, A Star-Studded Concert Celebrating Willie’s 90th Birthday.

The highly anticipated affair is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, April 29 – 30, 2023, at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California. The birthday extravaganza marks one of the year’s most significant events, as it will include more than 45 once-in-a-lifetime performances and mind-blowing collaborations.

The all-star house band is comprised of Audley Freed, Benmont Tench, Gabe Witcher, Greg Leisz, Mickey Raphael, Terence Higgins, Tom Bukovac, Alfreda McCrary, Ann McCrary, and Regina McCrary. The gifted group will display its musical excellence alongside Was, a world-renowned producer and vital asset to the entertainment industry.

[americansongwriter.com]

Date: April 28, 2023 19:37

Time to dig up this classic

[youtu.be]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2023 20:10

I am told that Keith Richards has been rehearsing at Hollywood Bowl this week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 28, 2023 21:03

bv

Thanks! thumbs up

Date: April 28, 2023 23:25

bv

thanks bv!smiling smiley

well that pretty much seals it doesn't it

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 28, 2023 23:38

Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 24, 2023 11:13

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

It did cross my mind it was Keith, he's been very quiet and has lost weight, not always a good sign at his age, Agreed it's strange he's not participating for Willie Nelsons 90th. Keith the faith.

I heard that he would be at the Willie Nelson 90th - even though he is not on the current "so far" list.

It was not Keith or Ronnie who had the issue earlier this year, causing the tour to be postponsed and then cancelled.

You heard it here first!

Re: Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 28, 2023 23:51

Tickets are 2 day tickets only, prices are dropping, I bet if anyone wants to go Sunday only it would be super easy / cheap (a lot of Saturday ticket holders won't go back)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 28, 2023 23:57

bv

This is the best news I've heard in a long time, thank you for confirming this BV.

Date: April 29, 2023 10:09

Dan
Tickets are 2 day tickets only, prices are dropping, I bet if anyone wants to go Sunday only it would be super easy / cheap (a lot of Saturday ticket holders won't go back)

You might have something there.

Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90
Date: April 29, 2023 14:18

Willie Nelson 90th birthday two-day concert with Chris Stapleton to Snoop Dogg is 'historic music event'

Bryan Alexander
April 29, 2023

Willie Nelson's Los Angeles 90th birthday celebration is headed for the concert history books.

The already power-packed two-night event at the Hollywood Bowl on April 29 (Nelson's actual birthday) and April 30 has blown up to epic proportions with late-breaking additions.

"It's just getting bigger and bigger by the moment," says concert executive producer Keith Wortman. "And if anyone deserves this, it's ole Willie boy."

Nelson and his team have been eyeing this concert date since the music legend's 85th birthday and eventually landed on the Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl.

"We thought that this iconic venue would be really cool," says Wortman, who spoke to USA TODAY after watching Nelson rehearse a segment onstage with Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.

"These two old friends playing tunes together, that's what makes Willie the happiest," says Wortman. "That's how he's doing his birthday, with all of his friends and family coming up to play together."

Who is playing at Willie Nelson's 90th birthday concert?

The list is staggering, with eclectic acts from Snoop Dogg to Shooter Jennings set to hit the stage to honor Nelson, who is in the seventh-decade of his iconic music career.

"We put a thoughtful list together of all of Willie's close friends and family of musicians that he's either recorded with or toured with," says Wortman. "And that just happens to be a very large list."

That includes Beck, Billy Strings, Bobby Weir, Booker T. Jones, Buddy Cannon, Charley Crockett, Chris Stapleton, Daniel Lanois, Dave Matthews, Dwight Yoakam, Edie Brickell, Emmylou Harris, Gary Clark Jr., George Strait, Jack Johnson, Kris Kristofferson, Leon Bridges, Lily Meola, Lukas Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Margo Price, Miranda Lambert, Neil Young, Norah Jones, Orville Peck, Particle Kid, Rodney Crowell, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Stephen Stills, Sturgill Simpson, The Avett Brothers, The Chicks, The Lumineers, Tom Jones, Tyler Childers and Ziggy Marley.

What other celebrities will honor Willie Nelson?

Due to the Hollywood location, stars such as Chelsea Handler, Ethan Hawke, Gabriel Iglesias, Helen Mirren, Jennifer Garner, Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson will serve as presenters.

The birthday celebrant will perform throughout on both nights and expect many duets, trios and multi-artist jams.

"And we have a few more surprises up our sleeves that we'll keep up our sleeves until they happen at the concert," says Wortman.

It's already the hottest ticket in town and the concert event promises to be talked-about for many Willie Nelson birthdays to come.

"This is truly shaping up to be a historic music event," says Wortman. "I'm not sure if we're going to be wheeling out a cake on the stage, but there's going to be cake somewhere."

[www.usatoday.com]

Date: April 29, 2023 15:53

happy birthday willie!

the day has arrived

without a tour this year this has gotten me as excited as if it's the day of a much anticipated stones show

will be watching for updates thru the daygrinning smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 29, 2023 19:00

Yes very exciting, weird they didn't put Keith in the lineup, would have sold more tickets.

Date: April 29, 2023 22:24

Exciting...wish I could be there to honor Willie on his 90th!!!.
Looking forward to seeing clips of Keith back in action, along with many other performances. thumbs up

Date: April 29, 2023 22:30

keefriffhards
Yes very exciting, weird they didn't put Keith in the lineup, would have sold more tickets.

It sold out fast and hard, ticket drops this week went fast. No need.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home