Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: RIP David Crosby
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 20, 2023 06:10

RIP to another legend.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 20, 2023 06:59

I caught the news tonight on the radio.

Got to see CSN one time in 1978 at the Aud in Buffalo. All those harmonies live on, the song I remember the most is when they did an extended sing-a-long encore "Teach the Children"

RIP David Crosby.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 07:54

Sad news, another musical hero of mine leaving. Rest in peace David

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 20, 2023 08:26

Rest in peace, David Crosby

Posted by: stefanofontaneto ()
Date: January 20, 2023 09:36

RIP DAVID...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 20, 2023 10:15

I was at a Buddy Guy show at his club in Chicago. Buddy will be 87 in a few months. My “table mate” arrived and told us the bad news. I had the pleasure to
see David on his last couple tours and have enjoyed his recent solo work. Knowing
Crosby’s health challenges this was not completely unexpected - however still a
shock - especially after the recent passing of Jeff Beck. Rest in peace David…

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 20, 2023 10:37

Sad.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 11:20

RIP to one of music's legends of the past 60 years.

Thanks for the wonderful harmonies and music.

Sad day....

As another legend passes away, I count my blessings that I have lived thro this wonderful passage in time when the music has been wonderful

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 20, 2023 13:41

I have a really bad feeling about this year.

Date: January 20, 2023 13:48

His music had an understated quality, a gentle true spirit. I loved his music and so sorry he has left the planet. Thanks David, you were great! RIP.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: January 20, 2023 14:10

As said here before.
These are sad days.
RIP David

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 20, 2023 14:42

His Majesty

I do, too. I started to think similarly after Jeff Beck’s passing. The generation of musician’s, born during the 1940’s, are approaching old-age – you could argue they’ve already reached it, in fact – and all the inevitable factors that occur at that stage in life will become more apparent: illness and death. I know my words may seem incredibly depressing and morbid, so perhaps we, or I, shouldn't dwell so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-20 15:18 by Big Al.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 15:02

sad to here of the passing of David Crosby, my he rest in peace.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 20, 2023 17:28

The exit line is really moving faster for the musicians of this age group. Crosby was a giant given his contributions. His vocal prowess alone was spectacular, but really, he was the total package. The recently released Neil Young Harvest box set has the documentary Harvest Time included which is imo a must see on it's own, but the bits where Crosby Stills and Nash are adding backing vocals in the studio is really something to behold. Yea, those guys were special together. Too bad his lifestyle got in the way, but looking back Crosby was such an influential musical voice. A very good friend saw him play a small St Louis venue in recent years, and remarked to me what a surprisingly moving experience it was considering David's physical struggles. These guys that are leaving us have sure left a wealth of fantastic music for us to enjoy until it's our turn to go.
RIP David

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 20, 2023 18:00

Raising a glass to the great David Crosby

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 20, 2023 18:10

RIP Mr David Crosby. Thank you for all your great music.

You made some great albums the last years. Lighthouse was a really great album.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 20, 2023 18:38

R.I.P.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 20, 2023 19:12

It deserves a mention that 5 of his 8 solo albums were released during a 7-year stretch between the ages of 72 and 79. That's unheard of. You'd think it would be the norm, that musicians, when they are aware that time is running out, would want to be as prolific as possible, but the reality is that in nearly every case, they make fewer records, and the time between new releases gets longer, as they get older.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-20 19:13 by tatters.

crosby...
Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: January 20, 2023 00:23

this one breaks my heart...

[variety.com]

Re: crosby...
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 20, 2023 04:04

same

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 20, 2023 20:03

Posted here already, I don't know, but here's an NPR Tiny Desk Concert with David and the Lighthouse Band. A nice goodbye look at a man/musician who finally came into his own, IMHO.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 21, 2023 00:17

Met him briefly in 2019 at the Arclight Cinema (now defunct) in Los Angeles. He was promoting his documentary Remember My Name. I had front row seats and David and the director came out after the showing and took questions from the audience. He seemed pretty accepting that none of the others in CSN&Y would even speak with him. I understand that him and Stephen Stills made up before he passed.

For all his warts, Crosby was a master harmonist. It's kind of like appreciating Phil Everly.

And it appears Graham Nash had some good things to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-21 01:48 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 21, 2023 04:07

Gene and Michael will be welcoming you wherever you're heading. R.I.P. Croz.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 21, 2023 06:39

24FPS

Love em to death, but Nash and Young (Neil to a lesser extent) trying to talk him up now feels a little too little too late. I guess neither of them said everything was fine. Neil said he'll remember the good times, and Graham just kinda said what had to be said which is "despite everything, he was a genius." What else can they say. But I can already see Nash honoring him when, not for nothing, Nash was the one who came down the hardest on David. Stephen seemed fine, Neil had some valid criticisms but just seemed done with him. Nash ended up despising him, never exactly saying why, and bringing it up every interview. For him to play the good guy now that Crosby is dead... I don't know, doesn't rub me right.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: January 21, 2023 13:59

Big Al
His Majesty

I do, too. I started to think similarly after Jeff Beck’s passing. The generation of musician’s, born during the 1940’s, are approaching old-age – you could argue they’ve already reached it, in fact – and all the inevitable factors that occur at that stage in life will become more apparent: illness and death. I know my words may seem incredibly depressing and morbid, so perhaps we, or I, shouldn't dwell so much.

Same feeling and thoughts here.
Kinda menacing.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: January 21, 2023 14:22

The documentary Remember My Name is excellent.

Huge loss.

I remember when Almost Cut My Hair when it came out, and I had long hair. I didn't cut it.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 21, 2023 16:18

What a talent. His first solo album is gorgeous and hypnotic.

RIP, David.

Drew

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 21, 2023 17:25

I saw Dave play a run down saloon in Buffalo in the early 80’s. Rooftop’s tavern. It maybe held a few hundred people. People were so drunk and yelling song titles when he was playing a different tune. He finally told people to shut the f up and listen. Good for him.

Also that Crosby singing background vocals on Hold My Hand by Hottie and the Blowfish. You can hear him distinctly. RIP Dave.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2023 01:01

Herald Sun --- 22 January 2023

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 22, 2023 02:32

RollingFreak
24FPS

Love em to death, but Nash and Young (Neil to a lesser extent) trying to talk him up now feels a little too little too late. I guess neither of them said everything was fine. Neil said he'll remember the good times, and Graham just kinda said what had to be said which is "despite everything, he was a genius." What else can they say. But I can already see Nash honoring him when, not for nothing, Nash was the one who came down the hardest on David. Stephen seemed fine, Neil had some valid criticisms but just seemed done with him. Nash ended up despising him, never exactly saying why, and bringing it up every interview. For him to play the good guy now that Crosby is dead... I don't know, doesn't rub me right.

Croz didn't exactly mince words about Nash in recent years, either:

"He gave the impression of looking after me, but apparently that was all just trying to keep the money coming. But there you go. We haven’t talked for a couple of years. And I’m not going to talk to him. I don’t want to talk to him. I’m not happy with him at all. To me, that’s all ancient history, man.” (2021)

...or Neil:

“He’s probably the most self-centred, self-obsessed, selfish person I know. He only thinks about Neil, period. That’s the only person he’ll consider. Ever!” (2021)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home