Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fifty years today L.A Forum
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 19, 2023 22:11

tommyturbo76
I was there. Midnight Rambler was the encore. It was played the next night on KMET ; I had grabbed it onto tape about 30 seconds in, but lost it long ago.... The point is that the soundboard of the song and probably the whole show are out there someplace... bootlegs don't have MR.

As far as the crowd being more laid back? I didn't think so. Crowd exploded on JJF, mostly because Leon Russel's version from the Harrison Bangladesh concert had come out recently.

i don't suppose anyone here worked at or knew someone high up at kmet that could answer if that tape existed and where it ended up?

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 03:43

It was their best concert ever in my opinion, based solely on the band’s lineup and set list! Plenty of photos out there that are unmistakably the MR encore.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 18:12

Dbs1972
It was their best concert ever in my opinion, based solely on the band’s lineup and set list! Plenty of photos out there that are unmistakably the MR encore.

It was sure up there in the 40 shows I've seen. Cheech and Chong and Santana as intros...

Date: January 20, 2023 21:47

tommyturbo76
Dbs1972

It was sure up there in the 40 shows I've seen. Cheech and Chong and Santana as intros...

just as a curiosity how where cheech and chong & santana?

any specific memories of there performances?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 21, 2023 14:43

Taylor1
The Nicaraguan Benefit Concert and Hawaii shows have a more laid back vibe than theUS 1972 shows

The Benefit has a "oh we're severely under-rehearsed" vibe imo.
But the setlist is quite unique so it remains a "must-have" for any serious fan.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: January 21, 2023 15:35

I dont think that it was under rehearsed, it's one the most groovy gig of this fabulous period, The whole band was on fire and keep pushing really high.
My favorite with Brussels and Wembley.
They have to keep it out of the attic !!

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 21, 2023 17:29

Just can't get enough of this show. One of my favorites

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2023 10:18

tommyturbo76
I was there. Midnight Rambler was the encore. It was played the next night on KMET ; I had grabbed it onto tape about 30 seconds in, but lost it long ago.... The point is that the soundboard of the song and probably the whole show are out there someplace... bootlegs don't have MR.

As far as the crowd being more laid back? I didn't think so. Crowd exploded on JJF, mostly because Leon Russel's version from the Harrison Bangladesh concert had come out recently.

KMET played parts of MR from Ya Ya's, not from the show the night before. There was also an interview by phone with Mick Jagger.

Mathijs

Date: January 23, 2023 11:08

Mathijs
tommyturbo76

KMET played parts of MR from Ya Ya's, not from the show the night before. There was also an interview by phone with Mick Jagger.

Mathijs

not that i'm questioning you on this

but how sure are you?

what's your source for this?

i see that nico says that kmet had a phone interview with mick the next day

but he doesn't mention anything about mr ya-ya or for the previous nights show being played back

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-23 11:18 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2023 14:12

ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
tommyturbo76

Mathijs

but how sure are you?

but he doesn't mention anything about mr ya-ya or for the previous nights show being played back

The broadcast and interview are available on bootlegs.

Mathijs

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: January 23, 2023 18:41

Rolling Stones Nicaragua Benefit Concert 1973 --'What It Looked Like'

video: [youtu.be]

Date: January 24, 2023 01:28

Mathijs
ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
tommyturbo76

Mathijs

but how sure are you?

The broadcast and interview are available on bootlegs.

Mathijs

ok well that does kinda settle that issue dosen't it

but not to be a pest could point out which bootlegs

i'd love to hear it

Date: January 24, 2023 01:31

Zotz
Rolling Stones Nicaragua Benefit Concert 1973 --'What It Looked Like'

video: [youtu.be]

awesome

that pretty much proves it was played

i don't know how any fan with a vague familiarity with the band at this time could think those photos aren't from midnight rambler

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 24, 2023 01:39

KMET and KLOS commonly replayed the setlist after the shows in the 1980's at least for the drive home.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home