Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick with link to new music??
Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: January 26, 2023 05:48

I noticed this morning when Mick's clip was first posted to Instagram that the track went a little bit longer and the first line of the lyrics of the song were included. He later deleted the original post and reposted it with the first line edited out. It's definitely a new Rolling Stones song, can hear Keith and Ronnie ever so subtly with a Charlie style tempo behind it. Seems like the first taste of what's to come, it sounds awesome, can't wait for more.

My guess is that if they plan to release the album in May/June the announcement will come sometime in mid-late February and if the album were to come later in say August? It would follow their historical trend of tour/album release from 89-2005.

The Lee Oskar Harps are really cool, I want one.

Re: Mick Jagger x Lee Oskar Collectible Harmonicas
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: January 26, 2023 09:57

It sounds like a part of "Sweet Neocon" from ABB.

Date: January 26, 2023 10:48

DiegoGlimmerStones
U2Stonesfan
New snippet

[we.tl]

Thx! smileys with beer

This sounds promising! Even 24FPS must approve of the bass playing here smiling smiley

Date: January 26, 2023 10:49

wupperstein
It sounds like a part of "Sweet Neocon" from ABB.

How? I can't hear that.

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 11:08

MelBelli
Davie137
I see that these harmonicas come in different keys, knowing absolutely nothing about the harmonica does anyone know if Mick tends to use the same ‘key’ in a lot of the classic tracks? I wouldn’t mind trying to learn

I’m hardly an expert, but I’m pretty sure Mick plays “cross harp,” like most blues players. So if you’re playing Midnight Rambler in B, for instance, you’d use a harp in the key of E (which gives you the notes of B Mixolydian, as opposed to the less bluesy notes of B major.

The most important thing, though, is to use a blues harmonica — the simple Marine Band harmonicas you’d get for a child do not allow you to bend the notes, which is an absolute must.

Thank you for this

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 26, 2023 11:48

Sounds like is Charlie on drums, doesn't it?

However, Mick's distorted sound is always awesome!It would be interesting to know if he uses a specific rig for harmonica.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 26, 2023 12:18

Davie137
MelBelli
Davie137
I see that these harmonicas come in different keys, knowing absolutely nothing about the harmonica does anyone know if Mick tends to use the same ‘key’ in a lot of the classic tracks? I wouldn’t mind trying to learn

I’m hardly an expert, but I’m pretty sure Mick plays “cross harp,” like most blues players. So if you’re playing Midnight Rambler in B, for instance, you’d use a harp in the key of E (which gives you the notes of B Mixolydian, as opposed to the less bluesy notes of B major.

The most important thing, though, is to use a blues harmonica — the simple Marine Band harmonicas you’d get for a child do not allow you to bend the notes, which is an absolute must.

Thank you for this

The Hohner Marine Band is the archetype blues harmonica. It's a bit stiffer to bend than some harps, but tends to stay in tune longer. Sonny Terry played Marine Bands.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 12:20

Wild Slivovitz

However, Mick's distorted sound is always awesome!It would be interesting to know if he uses a specific rig for harmonica.

To me it doesn't sound like Charlie

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 26, 2023 13:08

Sounds wonderful, yahoo! Hope we can hear more soon.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 26, 2023 19:21

"Sweet Neocon" ?! Huh...for a start this sounds like it's been professionally recorded (i.e. in a real studio and not on a laptop in Mick's castle like ABcool smiley and played (i.e. not Mick on bass), that's a start ! And yes, it sounds like Charlie to me too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 26, 2023 19:25

hockenheim95
Wild Slivovitz

To me it doesn't sound like Charlie

I agree. it doesnt sound like Charlie at all.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 26, 2023 19:47

Definitely not Charlie. Might even be drum programming, like with previous Mick demos.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2023 22:30

MelBelli

Might even be drum programming, like with previous Mick demos.

That's what I've immediately thought when I heard it for the first time - drum & bass generated by a pro-software and Mick playing on harp a freestyle version of 'Out of Control'.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 26, 2023 22:46

The drums sound is compressed like in Ghost Town. This is probably what the new record will sound like. Seems a bit more contemporary, hence the compression. A real drummer, not sure which one though.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 02:02

georgelicks said he thinks it's 100% Steve Jordan

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: January 27, 2023 20:37

I bought four harps. So far.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: February 9, 2023 00:08

Available again (pre-orders sold out).
C is the most used one, 95% of the time:
[mickjagger.whynowmusic.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 9, 2023 00:47

JordyLicks96
georgelicks said he thinks it's 100% Steve Jordan

Interesting...has he maybe seen a list of the credits for the upcoming album ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 18, 2023 20:09

Second edition coming out.........

Second Edition

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home