Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

In Dutch theaters: story of Anita and Marianne
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:33

Last saturday I visited the theater to watch the production "Sympathy for the devil"
performed by Pip Lieke Lucas as Marianne Faithfull and Eva van der Post as Anita Pallenberg.
(promotion site)
They were accompanied by the band Stones Sessions.

It was a very entertaining production, with great performances of well known and lesser
known Stones songs to accompany the story (ranging from Lady Jane and As tears go by
to Dance Little Sister and Hey Negrita, just to name a few).
The story was (not quite historical true) about how Marianne was involved with the
band from the moment she was discovered by Andrew until the moment she started living
her homeless live in the 70's.

If you're in The Netherlands, try to catch a ticket for an very enjoyable evening
in the theater and don't let the poetical freedom of the makers get in the way of
having a good time with a decently playing band.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Re: In Dutch theaters: story of Anita and Marianne
Date: January 9, 2023 11:46

Sounds great thumbs up

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 9, 2023 12:09

I'm going next saturday in Hoogeveen! I saw Stones Sessions before and they're a pretty good coverband. Not the average Mick & Keith look-a-like act.

Date: January 9, 2023 14:55

Damn, I just dived in the true history of Empress Elizabeth of Austria *1837 - †1898 ( better known as Sissi, thanks to Romy Schneider) during the holidays. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 15:49 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 20, 2023 11:47

It was a fantastic show! Very nice to 'experience' that period through the eyes of Anita and Marianne. Great performance by the band and both actresses.

It just stopped quite abruptly and it surprised me that Sister Morphine was missing...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home