Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Iggy Pop New Track!
Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: January 7, 2023 23:21

video: [www.youtube.com]

75-year-old Showing the kids how to do it!

Re: OT: Iggy Pop New Track!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 7, 2023 23:45

soundboard

Yeah, only 2.5 stars out of 5 for the music and 3 stars out of 5 for the sound-quality in the review by German HiFi-Magazine [Stereo.de] (2/2023, p.127) for Iggy Pop's new album Every Loser (produced by Andrew Watt).

But the German [Musikexpress.de] gave 4 out of 6 stars and the German [RollingStone.de] gave 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Quote from Rolling Stone: "Neo Punk sounds as awful as it is called. Raving-mad music for 16-year olds with self-discovery issues and occasional erectile dysfunction. But that happens once to everyone, honestly."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 17:30 by Irix.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: January 8, 2023 00:14

Hi Irix,

Yeah - this is probably the best track on the album IMHO..

I kinda wish Iggy just did the whole thing like this and did a sell-out!
I grabbed the 7" limited edition mick rock vinyls though - they will be nice on the wall...

[store.iggypop.com]

[store.iggypop.com]

Would be cool to get another American Ceasar kinda album again one day...

Soundboard

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 8, 2023 00:37

MOJO 351 ---- February 2023

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 8, 2023 01:01

I think we'll all be ecstatic if the new Stones record is this good. At age 75 Iggy has had to give up on the stage diving though. I'm amazed he kept doing it as long as he did. The record is very solid. It's not the Stooges but sadly Iggy is the last survivor from the band. I for one am glad Iggy is still with us & still putting out high quality music.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 8, 2023 11:13

It's easy : in 1990 Iggy hit the jackpot with the FM-metal album "Brick By Brick" (which had great songs).

Ever since he tried to stay away from tha formula Pop flopped (apart from the collaboration with Homme) so he's back to square 1 : big guitars big riffs etc etc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 8, 2023 20:37

Sounds a bit generic...forced...rehashed...overly familiar...

Still good, but...nothing that makes the hair on my neck stand up, or that crawls under my skin like alot of great Iggy does....
Might be the producer Andrew Watt attempting to recapture past glories. Whatever the case, glad to see that Iggy is still active.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 9, 2023 13:19

Great song and the album looks promising from the Godfather of Punk Iggy Pop, his voice is still incredible for his age.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: January 9, 2023 14:33

Haven't heard anything decent by him since New Values.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 9, 2023 16:14

WorriedAboutYou
Haven't heard anything decent by him since New Values.

"Brick By Brick" (1990) produced by some random dude named Don Was grinning smiley is quite good. And Pop's incisive lyrics about America are still good today.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 21, 2023 16:36

Happy Birthday IGGY!
76 TODAY with a new album and touring now.

This guy is a beautiful wonder of the world.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 21, 2023 17:25

that’s a spoof though right?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 21, 2023 18:33

Iggy Pop and the Losers incl Matt Clifford

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 21, 2023 18:45

I listened to Iggy's new album "Every Loser" and give it a 3 out of 5, but would love to hear those new songs live

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 21, 2023 19:06

Lien
Iggy Pop and the Losers incl Matt Clifford

Wow, thats some band he's got there!

Date: April 21, 2023 22:05

runaway
I listened to Iggy's new album "Every Loser" and give it a 3 out of 5, but would love to hear those new songs live

I think its a masterpiece. Really impressed! Absolutely love it

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 21, 2023 22:22

Iggy was STUD last night. The crowd was very rock n' roll...being in Skid Row gave a certain flavor. Iggy gave an honest performance which I feel I so rarely see...a true pleasure. The rail required strength to maintain, quite a few gave up once the energy turned up, it was crushing. Walk On The Wild Side was a surprise. Naturally, we sang Happy Birthday.

The crowd didn't have the sans to get on stage though (a few dives, but no big gathering on stage) and so many wanted to touch him.

It was a short show, just over an hour, I was happy with the song selection. I'm guessing he could do longer with more sedate songs...or an hour with mostly Raw Power songs...Can you FEEEEEEL it???

Seated Orpheum gig on Monday...then the big show on Sunset at the Palladium.

"I got a dick and two balls!"

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 21, 2023 22:42

Well, this doesn't move me much at all, I actually find myself agreeing
with Hairballs post.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 22, 2023 00:20

GREAT video ta watch while recovering from a breakdown ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 22, 2023 06:44

Glad to see that another IORRer was at the show! A fun time. Iggy is holding up well. I’m not sure about this band though, which seemed more like the groups he had in the 80s and 90s. Lacked the sophistication of the Free band (which I saw in Chicago last month—they could tear it up on occasion) and Post Pop Depression, and lacked the insanity the Stooges brought. A middle zone of rich and slick rockers. We’ll see how they do for the other four dates.

Gotta say the audience spent too much time on their phones. Iggy invited stage divers and there were only a few who took him up on the offer. Granted it was hard to get to the stage. The crowd livened up toward the end but should’ve brought it from the start. The show was 75 or 90 minutes, I lost count. He played 90 last month.

Walk on the Wild Side was a stunner, so tender to hear a survivor of that era, though a different scene, serenading us with the names of the dead of Warhol’s Factory.

The night’s opener, “News for Andy,” was inspired by Warhol, so it was nice to have the allusion reappear.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 22, 2023 07:54

I still can't unsee the ad with Iggy pitching auto insurance I saw in Birmingham in 2010. It would be like Mick pitching Pepto Bismol or Alka Selzer.

I will be seeing him at Bergenfest this summer in Norway.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 22, 2023 17:34

cyclist
Glad to see that another IORRer was at the show! A fun time. Iggy is holding up well. I’m not sure about this band though, which seemed more like the groups he had in the 80s and 90s. Lacked the sophistication of the Free band (which I saw in Chicago last month—they could tear it up on occasion) and Post Pop Depression, and lacked the insanity the Stooges brought. A middle zone of rich and slick rockers. We’ll see how they do for the other four dates.

Gotta say the audience spent too much time on their phones. Iggy invited stage divers and there were only a few who took him up on the offer. Granted it was hard to get to the stage. The crowd livened up toward the end but should’ve brought it from the start. The show was 75 or 90 minutes, I lost count. He played 90 last month.

Walk on the Wild Side was a stunner, so tender to hear a survivor of that era, though a different scene, serenading us with the names of the dead of Warhol’s Factory.

The night’s opener, “News for Andy,” was inspired by Warhol, so it was nice to have the allusion reappear.

ty...sweet review...

Date: April 25, 2023 00:30

Anyone going to the Palladium gig on Thursday? See you in line...

Woulda thought some hardcore fan would go just for Matt Clifford cool smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 25, 2023 09:57

soundboard

No.

Date: April 25, 2023 10:41

sdstonesguy
Anyone going to the Palladium gig on Thursday? See you in line...

Woulda thought some hardcore fan would go just for Matt Clifford cool smiley

I'm going to all five shows! Tonight in LA it was great to see Matt tonight let loose a bit, wave to the crowd and bask in the energy.

At the Orpheum, the third out of five shows with the all-star band the Losers, Iggy made the best out of an expensive seated show. He invited a stage rush during Lust for Life, and it was glorious; the band, when I got onstage, looked elated. Their bands can't pull this off. It's a real testament to Iggy's persona on stage that he can create such an atmosphere, conditions for fans to join him and let loose and show their love. I danced and hugged Iggy, his shirtlessness a marvelous display of vulnerability, frailty, perseverance.

At the end of the song, I wound up face to face with him, and he looked like he was about to pass out. He had a hundred yard stare. I couldn't tell if someone was hugging him or holding him up. Maybe both. I thought it was a crew member but it could have been a fan.

But my worry was unnecessary. The fans left the stage, and Iggy performed wonderfully for the rest of the show. It meant so much to see him, resilient but frail, breaking the fourth wall and inviting the chaos.

There's really no other. He's been ranting about death during the outro of his Walk on the Wild Side cover (which has a gospel build-up similar to You Can't Always Get What You Want): I don't want to die, I want to touch you, I want to touch your body and soul. Etc...

Two more nights to go. Probably my last two Iggy shows.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 25, 2023 14:34

cyclist
He invited a stage rush during Lust for Life, and it was glorious; the band, when I got onstage, looked elated. Their bands can't pull this off. It's a real testament to Iggy's persona on stage that he can create such an atmosphere, conditions for fans to join him and let loose and show their love. I danced and hugged Iggy, his shirtlessness a marvelous display of vulnerability, frailty, perseverance.

A great review. I had an amazing time last night, and am excited to see him again at the Palladium where hopefully I can find the upper body strength to get on stage. It's not always that easy. The fans were hilarious. I've watched the video a few times and probably saw your contribution to the mayhem. I'd recommend anyone within 500 miles of the Palladium to get there on Thursday.

Date: April 25, 2023 18:36

All 5 shows...good man!

See you there! I'll probably be wearing Who The Fxxx is Mick Jagger...come say hi.

Date: April 25, 2023 19:41

DeanGoodman
I'd recommend anyone within 500 miles of the Palladium to get there on Thursday.

Agreed! And a heads up: tix on StubHub are now going for less than $60 after fees.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:49

cyclist

I'm going to all five shows!

Hopefully you're buying the "very limited edition" $100 rainbow foil poster for each of the shows.

(I'll probably fork out $15 for a shirt being sold by the Mexican ladies outside.)

Date: April 25, 2023 21:53

My t-shirt was $10 outside...I thought it looked better than the $40 official ones.

While I REALLY miss the Stooges, Iggy never played solo material with them...and I am REALLY enjoying hearing some solo material again.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home