Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Stones 2023...what can be done to excite fans
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 6, 2023 20:38

Hairball
RisingStone
bv
RisingStone
bv
A new tour, like every year since 2012, except for 2020, when nothing happened.

Let’s hope and pray the rapidly spreading new variant (XBB.1.5/‘kraken’) won’t bring us back to year 2020 again!

[news.sky.com]

The Rolling Stones toured USA in 2021, when the much more fatal Delta variant was around, and they also toured Europe in 2021, when a bunch of other Omicron variants were around. The covid-19 virus will be around for the next 100 years according to virus experts. The annual flu is now more dangerous than covid-19. The Rolling Stones do already have two years of experience in touring with the covid virus being around. Just get your shots, then no worries.

I’m not so sure the annual flu is now more dangerous than covid-19 and “one more shot” is sufficient enough to protect us, but anyway, hopefully things won’t get worse than they’ve ever been.

Hopefully Mick and the rest of the band keep up with their shots (and tighten the "bubble" around the band), but even then there's always a risk of getting covid-19.
As most of us recall, Mick caught it last summer resulting in postponed/cancelled shows, not to mention the thousands of fans whose plans were disrupted throughout the entire tour due to catching the virus.
Hope everyone can stay as safe as possible, but life goes on....looking forward to seeing the Stones in California one more time....thumbs up

Please do not make this thread another covid-19 discussion.

I was on tour 3 months in USA 2021 and 3 months 2022, I never lost a show due to covid. I used a mask, because shows are important to me. For most of us, covid was over early 2022. Last week in Norway, we had 313 people hospitalized from covid, and 832 hospitalized from the annual flu, i.e. roughly THREE times as many from the flu vs covid. Average age of covid deaths is 85 years or so in Norway. Covid is not dangerous anymore to most of us, and if you are worried, get another shot, and wear a mask. The virus will never go away.

The Rolling Stones are highly professional. They work hard in order to make a tour happening. There have been problems with Keith falling off a ladder in his library, or falling off a coconut tree, or Mick having laryngitis, or ice storms in Montreal, etc etc, but from 2012 until date, I have not lost many shows, as compared to the previous 10-15 years. Yes. I lost one of the Las Vegas shows in 2016, and Hanging Rock 2014, and the entire Australia tour spring 2014, and Amsterdam 2022, but I got most of these shows back later, life is not perfect, their average age is roughly 80 years now. If you want a 100% safe travel plan, then stay at home.

In short, they will tour in 2023, the tour will be great, and we will have the new album. This year will be great indeed. Luts of excitement indeed. I expect them to play 3-6 new songs this year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2023 20:51

It's starting to get exciting again!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 6, 2023 21:28

bv
Hairball
RisingStone
bv
RisingStone
bv

Let’s hope and pray the rapidly spreading new variant (XBB.1.5/‘kraken’) won’t bring us back to year 2020 again!

[news.sky.com]

The Rolling Stones toured USA in 2021, when the much more fatal Delta variant was around, and they also toured Europe in 2021, when a bunch of other Omicron variants were around. The covid-19 virus will be around for the next 100 years according to virus experts. The annual flu is now more dangerous than covid-19. The Rolling Stones do already have two years of experience in touring with the covid virus being around. Just get your shots, then no worries.

I’m not so sure the annual flu is now more dangerous than covid-19 and “one more shot” is sufficient enough to protect us, but anyway, hopefully things won’t get worse than they’ve ever been.

Hopefully Mick and the rest of the band keep up with their shots (and tighten the "bubble" around the band), but even then there's always a risk of getting covid-19.
As most of us recall, Mick caught it last summer resulting in postponed/cancelled shows, not to mention the thousands of fans whose plans were disrupted throughout the entire tour due to catching the virus.
Hope everyone can stay as safe as possible, but life goes on....looking forward to seeing the Stones in California one more time....thumbs up

I was on tour 3 months in USA 2021 and 3 months 2022, I never lost a show due to covid. I used a mask, because shows are important to me. For most of us, covid was over early 2022. Last week in Norway, we had 313 people hospitalized from covid, and 832 hospitalized from the annual flu, i.e. roughly THREE times as many from the flu vs covid. Average age of covid deaths is 85 years or so in Norway. Covid is not dangerous anymore to most of us, and if you are worried, get another shot, and wear a mask. The virus will never go away.

The Rolling Stones are highly professional. They work hard in order to make a tour happening. There have been problems with Keith falling off a ladder in his library, or falling off a coconut tree, or Mick having laryngitis, or ice storms in Montreal, etc etc, but from 2012 until date, I have not lost many shows, as compared to the previous 10-15 years. Yes. I lost one of the Las Vegas shows in 2016, and Hanging Rock 2014, and the entire Australia tour spring 2014, and Amsterdam 2022, but I got most of these shows back later, life is not perfect, their average age is roughly 80 years now. If you want a 100% safe travel plan, then stay at home.

In short, they will tour in 2023, the tour will be great, and we will have the new album. This year will be great indeed. Luts of excitement indeed. I expect them to play 3-6 new songs this year.

Looking forward to the new songs!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 6, 2023 22:25

Nice question this tread has ...

Well, what is this? We are facing the 61st year of fandom for a band that still plays live and we expect a new album this year.

I must confess, folks, as far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty much excited!!

And I'm incredibly proud of this band! And thankful at the same degree.

Wishing you and all of us a wonderful and promising happy 2023!!

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: January 6, 2023 22:33

A lead off single.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 6, 2023 23:00

Personally .... new studio album/s ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2023 23:13

illyad1960
I have been a Stones fan for over 40 years. Enjoyed most of the ride but last tour didn't excite me. I found the set list to be repetitive and i lost interest. I would like to go back to the excitement of a Stones tour announcement and the tour itself. What can the band do to rekindle that excitement for me and perhaps other long time Stones fans? Or do the Stones care little about long time fans and wish to cater to new, younger ones? Special concert guests don't interest me, unless that guest is Mick Taylor every night. Thoughts?

I know of people that, although not Stones fans like anyone here, they own an album or two, some have seen at least one show, others never interested, admire that they're still going.

A new album? Great! But what can they do to be exciting in regard to a tour? Go on tour.

My wife died 5 years ago. I don't truly give a damn what the Stones do or don't do for their setlists. They're just a band, it's just music, they don't pay my mortgage.

Charlie died but they're still going. They're The Rolling Stones. It's what they do.

That's enough right there.

They won't be for much longer. So, live in the now, not what happened 30 years ago or during the FIFTY tour with Mick Taylor.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 7, 2023 01:02

GasLightStreet

I know of people that, although not Stones fans like anyone here, they own an album or two, some have seen at least one show, others never interested, admire that they're still going.

A new album? Great! But what can they do to be exciting in regard to a tour? Go on tour.

My wife died 5 years ago. I don't truly give a damn what the Stones do or don't do for their setlists. They're just a band, it's just music, they don't pay my mortgage.

Charlie died but they're still going. They're The Rolling Stones. It's what they do.

They won't be for much longer. So, live in the now, not what happened 30 years ago or during the FIFTY tour with Mick Taylor.

I really dig that!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 7, 2023 01:27

bv
Hairball
RisingStone
bv
RisingStone
bv

[news.sky.com]

3-6 new songs!

that's the real answer right there

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 7, 2023 01:30

Mick’s trousers falling down.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: January 7, 2023 01:45

Open the set with a killer new song.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 7, 2023 01:59

By the time they release the new studio album all songs will be probably dated confused smiley

Date: January 7, 2023 02:01

And if you want to know how they make their set list..........................

This are the most streamed tracks:

1. Paint It Black [Aftermath]
2. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction [Out Of Our Heads]
3. Sympathy For The Devil [Beggars Banquet]
4. Gimme Shelter [Let It Bleed]
5. Start Me Up [Tattoo You]
6. Beast Of Burden [Some Girls]
7. Angie [Goats Head Soup]
8. Wild Horses [Sticky Fingers]
9. Brown Sugar [Sticky Fingers]
10. You Can’t Always Get What You Want [Let It Bleed]
11. Honky Tonk Women [Let It Bleed]
12. Miss You [Some Girls]
13. Jumpin’ Jack Flash [Orphan]
14. Under My Thumb [Aftermath]
15. She’s A Rainbow [Their Satanic Majesties Request]
16. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking [Sticky Fingers]
17. Ruby Tuesday [Between The Buttons]
18. Tumbling Dice [Exile On Main St.]
19. Living In A Ghost Town [Orphan]
20. Street Fighting Man [Beggars Banquet]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 7, 2023 02:16

To answer the initial question: Nothing really, people will come anyway. In the U.S. the audience is mostly family orientated and they demand a recognizable setlist.
Of course Jagger will do the usual PR stuff; talking to the media and so on, but nothing more than that.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2023 07:26

Surprised to see CYHMK at #16 on most streamed.

What's the source for that top 20 list, NICOS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-07 07:28 by Topi.

Date: January 7, 2023 07:29

GasLightStreet

Well said, GasLightStreet.

I always say we're part of rock 'n roll history and sometimes we don't even realize it. We somehow take the Stones for granted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-07 07:30 by Topi.

Date: January 7, 2023 09:00

Hairball
It's starting to get exciting again!

For sure. No weird vibes this year! winking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 09:17

illyad1960
I have been a Stones fan for over 40 years. Enjoyed most of the ride but last tour didn't excite me. I found the set list to be repetitive and i lost interest. I would like to go back to the excitement of a Stones tour announcement and the tour itself. What can the band do to rekindle that excitement for me and perhaps other long time Stones fans? Or do the Stones care little about long time fans and wish to cater to new, younger ones? Special concert guests don't interest me, unless that guest is Mick Taylor every night. Thoughts?
I understand you. I too have been a fan for almost 50 years but I don't think the problem is just the set list..... our heroes have aged and so have we, I'm almost 63. I speak for myself, from 2017 to 2022 them I've seen 11 times but there have been few times that for a moment I had that excitement that made me feel good, and happy to have captured that fantastic moment. Will I go see them again? I think so, I'm going to see my heroes, the ones who changed me and saved my life.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 12:02

Spud
Are you also going to ask the Pope to re-write the Holy Mass ? grinning smiley

Oh Jesus (pun intended). The Holy Mass can’t be re-written. It’s “Set in stone.. or tablets”, a Stones setlist CAN, and should be, mixed up (more than) a bit.

Rod

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 7, 2023 13:08

NICOS

that's the result of playing all these songs all the time at all concerts

Date: January 7, 2023 13:36

Chicken and egg!

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 14:40

A new album will do it for me!

Date: January 7, 2023 22:32

Topi
Surprised to see CYHMK at #16 on most streamed.

What's the source for that top 20 list, NICOS?

Here you go Topi, I cannot guaranty the correctness of this site.

[chartmasters.org]

Date: January 7, 2023 22:49

GasLightStreet

Could Taylor do any worse?

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: January 7, 2023 23:35

I would love a repeat of that setlist from the 1792 tour, their artistic peak. They were very young, approximately -200 years old, in their spermicidal youth.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: January 8, 2023 03:02

I believe what a lot of die hard Stones fans would love would be one show of all the obscure songs requests that we have made. It could be a video taped rehearsal or an actually show.

I know it would take a lot of effort to relearn or reinvent the songs. But they could play one or two of the rare songs per show after the rarities show. The songs would have to be from the Stones catalogue even if they are covers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 8, 2023 06:18

slewan
NICOS

that's the result of playing all these songs all the time at all concerts

How come I don't see You Got Me Rockin' then?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 8, 2023 06:22

GasLightStreet
illyad1960

props to you Skippy

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: January 8, 2023 10:48

A "Brian Jones memorial show", featuring only songs from the 1963-1968 era.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2023 12:33

It this thread is turning into another SET LIST discussion, then it will be merged here:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home