Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Overpriced concert tickets
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 11, 2023 02:27

Steve Miller Band with Mavis Staples tickets are $16.70 (plus fees) for their Franklin, TN show April 30. These are standard adult TicketMaster tickets, too, not resales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-11 17:35 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 11, 2023 03:24

I just got a ticket for the sold out Dark Angel show at the Teragram Ballroom show Saturday for $9.10 off Tickpick.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 11, 2023 05:57

I'm starting to notice that at most shows now a days (at least in Vancouver), any of the first four seats closest to the aisles are now called preferred seating and they charge an extra $20 or so! Not sure if this is a Ticketmaster thing or a band thing. I think I vented about this on the ticketmaster thread.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 11, 2023 06:17

DGA35
I'm starting to notice that at most shows now a days (at least in Vancouver), any of the first four seats closest to the aisles are now called preferred seating and they charge an extra $20 or so! Not sure if this is a Ticketmaster thing or a band thing. I think I vented about this on the ticketmaster thread.

Been that way for a few years at least.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 11, 2023 07:46

VoodooLounge13
DGA35

They do the same thing on airplanes.

Date: April 11, 2023 09:03

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
DGA35

Hmm, only started seeing it last year, nothing pre-covid. I actually always try to get aisle seats as close to the entrance/exit as possible.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 11, 2023 13:12

DGA35
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
DGA35

Hmm, only started seeing it last year, nothing pre-covid. I actually always try to get aisle seats as close to the entrance/exit as possible.

I used to prefer seats near to aisle in those old days when people were young enough to stand up and rush forward to the stage as soon as the lights were turned down

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 11, 2023 17:15

Or for rushing over to the B-stage, in arenas, in pre-pit days.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 11, 2023 17:21

Live Music Is Roaring Back. But Fans Are Reeling From Sticker Shock.

Buying concert tickets has become a mess of high prices and surcharges, anxiety-inducing registrations and pervasive scalping as some of pop’s biggest acts hit the road again.

By Ben Sisario
April 7, 2023

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: April 11, 2023 21:55

bye bye johnny
Live Music Is Roaring Back. But Fans Are Reeling From Sticker Shock.

Buying concert tickets has become a mess of high prices and surcharges, anxiety-inducing registrations and pervasive scalping as some of pop’s biggest acts hit the road again.

By Ben Sisario
April 7, 2023

[www.nytimes.com]

Times doesn't give you access to their articles unless you're a subscriber. With that said, I'll stand by my original observation. Tickets to scores of shows cheaper than I've ever seen before, so while maybe best seats for very top tier acts are expensive, I'm not finding myself a 'victim' of ticket price abuse.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 12, 2023 23:29

Not gonna pay for tickets that are too expensive...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 8, 2023 19:54

Taylor Swift and Beyonce charging that much and they just lip sync. Taylor Swift played and it started raining last night and today everyone is praising her like she is the first one to do a show in the rain

OT: Overpriced concert tickets
Date: May 8, 2023 20:19

LiveNation will sell tickets for $25 total (fees included) starting this Wednesday.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 8, 2023 20:35

NashvilleBlues
LiveNation will sell tickets for $25 total (fees included) starting this Wednesday.

For who?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 8, 2023 20:49

Date: May 8, 2023 20:59

More Hot Rocks
NashvilleBlues

For who?

Tons of bands, including:
Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper, Doobie Bros., Ghost, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck...

Look it up!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 8, 2023 21:08

LiveNation's $25 seats are on the amphitheater lawns or the arena ceilings. You're in the door so L/N and the venue can sell you beer and parking. THAT'S the business they are in - not the music biz. They gave that up a long tie ago.

Date: May 8, 2023 21:16

rbk
LiveNation's $25 seats are on the amphitheater lawns or the arena ceilings. You're in the door so L/N and the venue can sell you beer and parking. THAT'S the business they are in - not the music biz. They gave that up a long tie ago.

Not always. Got tickets for The Who in 2019 (I think it was 2018 or 2019) at Bridgestone Arena (Nashville) in the 100s sections (not obscured or anything like that), for $20 each.

If I'm watching a show for $25 total, I don't care. Plus, I don't have to buy a beer, and where I park isn't tied to LN/TM, so they're not getting anything out of me beside the $25.

Date: May 8, 2023 22:25

NashvilleBlues

Excellent deal, especially $25 Cdn. I mentioned this on the thread about what's the next concert you're seeing. In the Vancouver area, Doobie Bros are one of the two bands. I already got tickets unfortunately but they weren't that expensive either. Last year I saw Black Crowes with this promo.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 9, 2023 04:27

Areosmith is $366 standard admission for behind the stage in Seattle. Rear floor is about the same. Pass.

Date: May 9, 2023 04:47

mosthigh
Areosmith is $366 standard admission for behind the stage in Seattle. Rear floor is about the same. Pass.

wow...night in the ruts!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 9, 2023 06:16

Yes and the Pit for Aerosmith is $1,100. Seats somewhat close to the stage are $2,000 plus. Crazy prices!

Date: May 9, 2023 18:59

Looking at possible $25 tickets tomorrow. Seems some that will be $25 tomorrow (Doobie Bros, Smashing Pumpkins, Chicago...) are already locked for tomorrow. Check out TM/LN and see what I mean...

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: May 10, 2023 01:00

Aerosmith is a good band but$300+ per ticket is ridiculous.

OT: LiveNation $25 All-In Tickets (Concert Week)
Date: May 10, 2023 21:02

Just got $25 tickets for Ghost, Smashing Pumpkins, Chicago, and The Doobie Brothers.

They do this yearly around the first or second week in May (except 2020).

Re: OT: LiveNation $25 All-In Tickets (Concert Week)
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 11, 2023 05:34

Its great if you don't mind Uecker seats. I can't sit on the lawn or rafters personally.

Date: May 11, 2023 06:01

I really don’t mind. I get close for bands I really love or haven’t seen 5 times already. These are just casual fun tickets. Ascend and First Bank Amphitheater are pretty cool venues. And there’s a great chance the Chicago and Doobie Brothers shows will have empty seats close and it’s easy to get in those seats with little, if any effort.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 11, 2023 10:22

I used to spend like $800 at a time knowing if I am not going I can easily get rid of them.

Last year I decided I didn't want to use the Jack White ticket I bought. Market value $6.

Now almost everything I look at I can imagine being $6 day of show. In the end got 2 Smashing Pumpkins shows because my friend really wants to go and she will drive. She wanted me to get Matchbox 20 tickets but even $25 is too much compared to what those will cost in a few days.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 11, 2023 12:44

I was hoping Pixies/Modest Mouse was going to be included but it was not to be.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 11, 2023 14:53

Easy solution - don't pay the crazy prices (unless it's an act you truly LOVE).

Going to see Boz Scaggs for $83, but not dropping $200+ for The Doobie Brothers. I like, not love both acts.

Also, paid over $200 for poor tickets for Bruce, but moved to a better spot on my own.

I am willing to pay crazy numbers for The Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home