Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR posting policy comments
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: January 3, 2023 17:58

RIP - One Man and His Dog

If we have to have RIP posts about footballers and Popes, I agree with the suggestion they should be grouped in their own section.

This is not a general news site.

This site is for Stones related posts.

Or at least limit them to music related people ?

This is one for BV obviously but the number of OT RIPs seems to be growing and I’m not aware of any connection between the Stones and the recently deceased a Pope !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-03 19:56 by bv.

Re: OT : RIP - One Man and His Dog
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 3, 2023 18:08

Good idea
Maybe you should call it:

RIP: RIP'S POSTS

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 3, 2023 18:14

Since they seem to disappear once a few people say something meaningful, the obituaries seem as innocuous as any other off-topic thread.

In fact, if people didn't make rude remarks or argue why someone deserves to be dead or shouldn't have been famous, the threads would disappear even faster.

Now if you want to make the late Pope on-topic, the only way I can think of is the fact that when he was a Cardinal, he was friendly enough with Prince Rupert. I doubt they talked about the Stones much, but you never know.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2023 18:30

While this is a RS fan site people here do commiserate on a variety of topics not least of which is RIP's, of which there were a lot in December (as is often the case).

BV has made his website incredibly easy for the user to navigate which is to say, you open up threads and even comment if you are interested in a topic.

Otherwise you have the option to move on to another thread.

You can always exercise that option.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 3, 2023 18:44

The Joker
Good idea
Maybe you should call it:

RIP: RIP'S POSTS

How about :

"THEY JUST BOUGHT IT..."

Anyway I agree with King : browsing IORR and seeing that every other new thread is about a deceased person is kinda depressing
(plus most times it's about someone I never ever heard of or don't care for).

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 3, 2023 18:46

Tell me more about the dog.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:19

RIP This Joint?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:30

Bitch

ROCKMAN

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:31

SomeTorontoGirl
RIP This Joint?

Now THAT is a good one, STG!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:32

Not sure Rockeeeeee agrees. winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:34

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:38

No, I personally, like the fact we can have the freedom to start such threads. As long as the content doesn’t breach BV’s - very fair - guidelines, I genuinely don’t see a problem.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:43

RIP to this thread.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:55

OK..........Hairball seems to have hit it...........I'll go with the flow.

Re: IORR posting policy comments
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 3, 2023 19:58

Kingbeebuzz

If we have to have RIP posts about footballers and Popes, I agree with the suggestion they should be grouped in their own section.

This is one for BV obviously but the number of OT RIPs seems to be growing and I’m not aware of any connection between the Stones and the recently deceased a Pope !

OT means off topic, as you know, so it doesn't have anything to do with The Stones. So do you want all OT threads to go away?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2023 20:14

IORR has got the most basic rules there are, just one small page of basic rules. These rules are available for everyone to see, easily linked up from the link on top of the IORR forum pages:

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The off topic policy should be easy to understand, but I understand some do not know it, so give it a read below, in bold text.

May be you do not care about a former Pope (there are 1.3 billion catholic believers in the world), or may be you do not care about the world's greatest footballer. So who are you to define how millions of others may feel about something?

Please trust the IORR editor (me). If there are too many off topic posts, or if they are offending, or too many, they will pass by and move on. No worries.

I do not want a nerd site where there is 100% Stones contents. We all do live real lives, IORR is a site where Stones fans may share their passion, feelings and opinions, within the posting policy.

Finally, the IORR posting policy is not really open for discussion. It was defined way back in the 90's, and it will be the same for years to come, just like the constitution of a country, it is based on hard work and should last for a long time.

People call me a dictator, a nazi, communist, weak liberal, and a bunch of other name calling. Still, I don't care, it's only rock'n'roll. PS. I pay for the stuff, visiting IORR is 100% free, no ads, you don't have to be here if you don't like the place.

Off topic posts
IORR is a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones and related topics. Still, other interesting topics may be accepted at times, as long as they are not offending, and as long as there are not too many of them at any time. Make sure you mark your Off Topic post with "OT:" in the subject field. In order to keep the OFF TOPIC number low - after all this is a ROLLING STONES board, not Facebook or Twitter, the IORR Editor will simply remove a lot of the Off Topic posts when they show up. Please do not post off topic, unless it is very important to a lot of us, or interesting in general. Please no more "see me playing in my band" or other types of me-centric posts. Simply too many off topics. Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 3, 2023 20:43

Stoneage
Sure, I understand the rules and it is a private site so the owner sets the rules. But there is a loser here and it's critical thinking. There are pros and cons with everything and if we're only allowed too see
the positive side things get a little one-sided after a while. And if big news events, like a war in Europe, isn't even allowed to bring to the table the narrative shrinks considerably. But I guess that is part of the deal?

You don’t have to think too deeply to understand how annoying it would be with people constantly fighting over political issues on here. I wouldn’t wanna police that either. Not everything has to be positive on here (and it isn’t) but I think BV has done a great job. I don’t envy his position.

That said, I’m not perfect and I am sure I’ve posted things BV didn’t like. I can’t help it sometimes. I don’t miss the opportunity to call out bigots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-03 20:48 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 3, 2023 20:52

this site is about the Rolling Stones, of course. But I think it makes sense to discuss some other musicians that are somehow related to the Stones (like Dylan, Springsteen, McCartney etc. etc, but rather not the Spice Girls, Madonna etc.).
And I think there should be some (but not too much) space for other topics of more or less general interest, like football world cups or the death of famous people who are/were worldwide icons (like the Queen, Pelé or a pope)

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 3, 2023 21:37

Kingbeebuzz

So you are the new boss? Go away

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 3, 2023 21:53

SomeTorontoGirl
RIP This Joint?

Yes!..................Ahead of STG, that's a first for me......... grinning smiley ...[iorr.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2023 22:36

If you don't like IORR then feel free to use Twitter (what a "great" site and a "great" "leader" they have got now), or any other place where moderation is low and hate is high.

I will talk some politics. One third of the US population think it was right to storm the Capitol of USA January 6, 2021. I guess some think that is called freedom of speech, freedom of actions. Many here on IORR think the same. I don't want those discussions here. I don't want Pope haters or liberal or conservative or right or wrong fanatics to push their opinions here.

IORR is a one person moderation effort. There is no staff here. Just me. Sure I get help and support from many many many who tell me what to and what is wrong and what woke really means and potus and 45 and 46 and snowflake and all of that - so many hidden words to spread hate and keep the conflicts high. English is not my native language, but I have learned a part of that language I wish I never had to learn, in order to keep IORR a place where people feel safe.

It takes a team of hundreds, if not thousands, to moderate a site if so called free speech i.e. hate comments were to be allowed at a level where most haters would be allow to say what they hate.

I could shut down IORR right now. I would not have to explain myself to people who think they have the right to say anythi9ng they like here, and I could do a lot of other things. The one and only reason why IORR is still running is because I am stubborn and I ignore all the death threats people give me when I kick them out here because they offend others. It hurts. To be banned from IORR. But I am here still. If you want free speech, feel free to find another place. Or run your own place for some years. IORR was born in 1980, I have spent my life time running it. It's on the 43rd year now. I am not hanging up yet.

Finally, of you are still here, feel free to read the IORR security policy. It is part of the privacy policy, see link at the very end of the home page. It is all about making this place safe.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home