Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some IORR’s hidden gem: Mick Jagger interview (part two) by Dean Goodman (1998)
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 28, 2022 00:43

Had a very interesting time travel today. I learnt a great deal with the Mick Jagger interview (part two) [iorr.org] . I had no clue of the Anybody Seen My Baby?’ copyright issue. I didn’t know either Just Another Night also faced credits’ issue, and how the Stones / Jagger dealt smoothly with it. The whole interview is so down-to-earth, all facts, great one.
“You saw the show more times than I did. I never saw the show, only the video”, says Mick to Dean. I remember Keith saying the same thing somewhere. The Stones are the only ones in the house who have never seen a Stones’ show, and that’s something to think about!

Re: Some IORR’s hidden gem: Mick Jagger interview (part two) by Dean Goodman (1998)
Posted by: RnT ()
Date: December 28, 2022 00:57

Great, thanks!
RnT

Re: Some IORR’s hidden gem: Mick Jagger interview (part two) by Dean Goodman (1998)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 28, 2022 03:04

RnT
Great, thanks!
RnT

Dean, how did you happen to interview Mick Jagger?

plexi

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 28, 2022 03:58

timbernardis
RnT
Great, thanks!
RnT

plexi

Well, as the interview was made exclusively available for IORR, isn’t it a question of how bv managed to persuade Mick? winking smiley

Date: December 28, 2022 05:06

Big Al
timbernardis
RnT
Great, thanks!
RnT

plexi

Well, as the interview was made exclusively available for IORR, isn’t it a question of how bv managed to persuade Mick? winking smiley

Made exclusively for IORR? What was/were the topic(s)?

plexi

Date: December 28, 2022 05:50

I just read part 2. Where is part 1?

plexi

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 06:07

timbernardis
I just read part 2. Where is part 1?

plexi

This might help.

[www.deangoodman.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2022 06:30

Lookig forward to Deans reviews of shows from the upcoming North American tour 2023

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 28, 2022 09:00

Dean's reviews are always a treat and the first thing I look for when reading about a show. This interview was great! smileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2022 10:14

"One or two tours have come croppers"

Mick meant by other artists, right...?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 28, 2022 13:29

I think it is interesting to hear Mick Jaggers reaction to Street Fighting man seeing that they have opened the shows a lot with it lately:

"I KNOW YOU WERE NEVER STRONG ON “STREET FIGHTING MAN?”

Yeah, I’ve dumped it. Ha-ha!!!

Read More at www.deangoodman.com/mick-jagger-1997/ © Dean Goodman

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 28, 2022 14:35

Thanks. This interview is good because the interviewer is a fan with real insight into the band. It is straight on without the journalistic customary. Dean asks the questions real fans would have liked to ask.
And I think Jagger can be more relaxed since he doesn't have to answer personal questions (about his private life). Good one, Dean!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 28, 2022 14:49

Another thing: Sir Michael doesn't like critical questions (like the one about ASMB's similarities to KD Lang's Constant Craving"). Still Dean doesn't avoid them.
If your aim is to keep Jagger in a good mood you should only ask ingratiating questions, preferably with no insight at all.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 28, 2022 14:56

Hairball
Lookig forward to Deans reviews of shows from the upcoming North American tour 2023

Likewise. Not only is he a brilliant writer, but he’s so unashamedly unbiased. I appreciate how he can be critical when necessary, whilst recognising the good parts, too. A very fair and balanced reviewer.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 28, 2022 17:30

From back when the magazine was real and mailed out on a regular basis...

Part 1

[iorr.org]

Date: December 29, 2022 10:51

What does croppers mean?

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2022 11:09

to come a cropper is a basically a slang term for failure ...

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home