Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
OT: Guns N Roses stuff
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 6, 2022 12:04

Careless Axl Rose stuns a woman with his mike

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-06 15:30 by bv.

Re: OT: Careless Axl Rose stuns a woman with his mike
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 6, 2022 12:49

First thought I had was there goes rock stars throwing stuff to the fans. Thanks a lot lady! Suppose she's going for a lawsuit?

Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: December 6, 2022 12:57

First thought I had that she was hit by a truck before

Date: December 6, 2022 12:57

Never hit obviously

Date: December 6, 2022 12:58

Think I forget never…..

Re: OT: Guns N Roses stuff
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 7, 2022 04:09

A rare moment Axl isn't in the wrong.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 8, 2022 02:24

Wrong place, wrong time for that lady unfortunately.
Axl’s been tossing his mic for 30 years or so without incident, pity this has to end that!
Guns N Noses

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 8, 2022 06:50

That injury seems excessive to me - I saw him toss it underhand I belive into the crowd... I'm thinking she got an elbow or something in the face from people trying to grab it. But I guess it could have happened...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 8, 2022 15:01

More European tour rumors, including Glastonbury and Paris.

Hyde Park just went on sale the other day.

Date: December 8, 2022 16:35

BTW - did we really not have a GNR thread on here before?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 8, 2022 21:58

Paris date is in July...

Zegut source says it's a rumour, but 200% of the time his posts end up being 100% true.

Date: December 12, 2022 09:19

Yeah, Zégut aka Tonton is usually spot on with these things. One time he called the Stones Paris (or was it Marseilles?) date months before it was officially announced.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2022 05:46

Even with a new album they're nothing more than a band riding on the success of ONE album and one song with a stupid whistle in it after.

Who gives a damn about Civil War, You Could Be Mine or November Rain?

I dunno but they're a huge band, the BACK AND BLACK of the late 1980s.

Date: December 13, 2022 06:42

GasLightStreet
Even with a new album they're nothing more than a band riding on the success of ONE album and one song with a stupid whistle in it after.

Maybe a bit harsh
Appetite, Lies & the Illusions albums are all great albums. Chinese Democracy has its moments but it’s a different sound to the original band. They were a killer band from 86-93 after that it’s been a wasted career.

It’s not a track I like but November Rain has almost 2 billion views, so someone gives a damn.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 13, 2022 14:53

Sure, Appetite is the big one, but a number of other good songs through the years - "Yesterdays" being a favorite.

Izzy was pretty much the "Keith" of GNR (although Slash gets the press) and most of the soul left with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-13 14:55 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: December 14, 2022 05:19

Elmo Lewis
Sure, Appetite is the big one, but a number of other good songs through the years - "Yesterdays" being a favorite.

Izzy was pretty much the "Keith" of GNR (although Slash gets the press) and most of the soul left with him.

Totally. Izzy wrote/co wrote some great tunes and continued to release stuff after GNR, 10 solo albums I think. It’s hit and miss, but all worth listening to. Izzy came from a different place to Axl/Slash. He was like the offspring of Keith Richards & Johnny Thunders. He didn’t want it that big.

Date: December 14, 2022 06:03

Paddy
GasLightStreet

Maybe a bit harsh
Appetite, Lies & the Illusions albums are all great albums. Chinese Democracy has its moments but it’s a different sound to the original band. They were a killer band from 86-93 after that it’s been a wasted career.

It’s not a track I like but November Rain has almost 2 billion views, so someone gives a damn.

The two ILLUSION albums are not great by any means. Even edited down to one album proper (6-12 songs) is a challenge.

APPETITE? Yes.

November Rain. Two vagillion views does not mean they all watched it. And it still doesn't change the fact that it's a miserable cheesy song!

Date: December 14, 2022 07:28

GasLightStreet
Paddy
GasLightStreet

Maybe a bit harsh

The two ILLUSION albums are not great by any means. Even edited down to one album proper (6-12 songs) is a challenge.

APPETITE? Yes.

November Rain. Two vagillion views does not mean they all watched it. And it still doesn't change the fact that it's a miserable cheesy song!

It’s all a matter of taste, I liked the illusions albums. Between both albums there’s maybe 5/6 songs I don’t like. They were great on that tour also, despite Izzy not being there when I saw them in 92. Axl Rose (though annoying as hell) was a great frontman back then.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: December 14, 2022 10:16

Just listened to/ watched "Yesterdays" as posted above and thought that Charlie Watts would have taken this song to another level.

I like the song, but that GnR-drummer has no swing at all...

Date: December 14, 2022 10:50

Papo
Just listened to/ watched "Yesterdays" as posted above and thought that Charlie Watts would have taken this song to another level.

Yeah, Sorum was a bit plodding. He had none of the skip bounce and swing Adler had. The bands sound changed after Adler.

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: December 14, 2022 18:39

Anyone know when or believe when they will play US again? 2024?

Just curious.

Was just watching "Don't Cry" Video and was wondering.

Hyde Park will be fun.

Date: December 15, 2022 07:14

Paddy
Papo

Yeah, Sorum was a bit plodding. He had none of the skip bounce and swing Adler had. The bands sound changed after Adler.

GNR did The Cult a favor in getting Sorum to leave them!!!

Matt Sorum is a fantastic rigid drummer - zero swing.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 23, 2022 17:47

The Search for Guns N’ Roses’ Lost Masterpiece

How a group of ride-or-die GN'R fans leaked 19 CDs of outtakes from one of the most notorious albums in history — with painful consequences for one of them

By David Peisner
December 23, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 23, 2022 20:41

bye bye johnny
The Search for Guns N’ Roses’ Lost Masterpiece

How a group of ride-or-die GN'R fans leaked 19 CDs of outtakes from one of the most notorious albums in history — with painful consequences for one of them

By David Peisner
December 23, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

very interesting! Should not be hidden in the GNR thread since the article is/might be relevant for everybody round here

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 23, 2022 20:48

I have absolutely zero idea why this article is coming out 2 years after this happened. Seems like they missed the time this would have been relevant to the few GNR fans that cared about it. There isn't any new information in the article so not that its not a good article, I just can't tell why Rolling Stone are two years behind the ball on it. They run out of things to write about?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 23, 2022 21:29

RollingFreak
I have absolutely zero idea why this article is coming out 2 years after this happened. Seems like they missed the time this would have been relevant to the few GNR fans that cared about it. There isn't any new information in the article so not that its not a good article, I just can't tell why Rolling Stone are two years behind the ball on it. They run out of things to write about?

Yes but I think this better serves as a cautionary tale on the perils of fandom.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 23, 2022 21:53

RollingFreak

It's a follow up with some of those who were involved, not a "news" story.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 24, 2022 12:52

A fascinating read and I appreciate they spent the time and effort on it as I don't recall any previous detailed write-ups? It seems this was mostly limited to the GnR forums...like discussing FFSO was limited to here. Much less dramatic fortunately!
Agreed on this deserving its own thread as the subject hits home I would say ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 24, 2022 14:53

GasLightStreet

Matt Sorum is a fantastic rigid drummer - zero swing.

And this is eactly the drummer Slash wanted : a hard-hitter who could play 3hrs gigs. Imo that was part of Slash's vision for the band after 1990 :turning it into a Led Zeppelin influenced act.
An impressive singer (Plant ---> Axl Rose) a virtuoso guitarist (Page ---> Slash) and a powerhouse drummer (Bonham ---> Sorum) that was the plan.

In that Izzy had very little room to exist. And live, his guitar was very low in the FOH mix in 1991.

Said differently : in 87-89 the band was Stones-influenced : twin guitars, short gigs, subtle swinging drumming by Adler.

In 91-93 it was Led Zeppelin influenced. It didn't last long.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 24, 2022 21:24

Crazy story. Hard Skool is not a great song. Neither song released really is that great. And if that’s what fans have been hanging their hat on as a lost masterpiece, I think it’s better that they keep on touring without any new album ever. I for one am also awaiting a new album with the 3 remaining originals but I’m not naive enough to hold out much hope that it’ll ever come close to the Illusion albums let alone Appetite.

GNR might be the only band that surpasses the Stones in carting around a tour of past hits and is no longer really relevant to the modern music world. The Stones at least invented Rock Royalty and have so many things on which to base their laurels. For GNR much of the legacy hinges on Axl’s drama and shenanigans. They put out some great music and are - or were - incredible live but 5.5 albums worth of material mostly made 30+ years ago makes even our boys look prolific.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-24 22:25 by VoodooLounge13.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home