Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Steel Wheels Half Speed Master Mixed Emotions version
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 22, 2022 20:43

Hi
Does anyone have this version of SW and is able to tell if the version of Mixed Emotions on it is a unique mix never released before or was this one released somewhere?

This is not 7 inch, 12 inch nor an album cd version.
On vinyl, the other one I have is the Polish edition and it contains the same version as the cd.

[www.discogs.com]

Maybe I'm just stupid here and being used to CD and having only just bought a proper vinyl version I did not realize they (CD and LP) have always been different.

Adam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-22 20:55 by Adams.

Re: Steel Wheels Half Speed Master Mixed Emotions version
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 22, 2022 20:59

Yes, it is unique version that was not previously available. For sure it was not on any CD.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 22, 2022 22:33

do you mean unique to the half speed or unique to all vinyl releases?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 23, 2022 00:44

ironbelly
Yes, it is unique version that was not previously available. For sure it was not on any CD.

Of course, you would know about this rarity! I'd love to hear it!

Nice find, Adam!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 23, 2022 00:47

was posted when released, yes, its an unique take.

[iorr.org]

Date: November 23, 2022 09:46

rogerriffin

[iorr.org]

Thank you

ironbelly
Did they correct Mixed Emotions on Steel Wheels?

On the LP from the Box 1971-2016 an alternative version that could not be found on any other releases was used.

I sure would love to have a copy of this 'Mixed Emotions.' I love that song!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 12:52

exilestones
rogerriffin

[iorr.org]

Thank you

ironbelly
Did they correct Mixed Emotions on Steel Wheels?

On the LP from the Box 1971-2016 an alternative version that could not be found on any other releases was used.

I sure would love to have a copy of this 'Mixed Emotions.' I love that song!

Me too! It was one of the tunes of SW, that I realy enjoyed. The live version was great too.

Date: November 24, 2022 00:23

micha063

Me too! It was one of the tunes of SW, that I realy enjoyed. The live version was great too.

Which live version do you like best?

Mixed Emotions wasn't an easy song to play live for the Stones.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: November 24, 2022 04:26

If you buy the 1/2 master album you can hear it. It's available on amazon udiscover. It's a little bit longer. The entire reissue is worth the $

Here's a link 30% til midnight

[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

Date: November 24, 2022 05:16

mjmjr
If you buy the 1/2 master album you can hear it. It's available on amazon udiscover. It's a little bit longer. The entire reissue is worth the $

Here's a link 30% til midnight

[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

Thank you very much for your effort. Unfortunately, I have nothing to play the LP.

Hopefully, someone will have a digital copy to share.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 24, 2022 08:22

exilestones
micha063

I liked it on the 5 Urban Jungle shows, I saw. I also like the bootleged versions. It has a very strong groove and drive and nice turnarounds. A real Stones number.
When they played it in 2016, they messed it up a bit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-24 16:23 by micha063.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 24, 2022 08:41

So for anyone who heard this can someone explain what's the difference between this version and the version on other Albums? It is a different Take, a different edit or Just a slightly different mix?

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 24, 2022 08:49

hockenheim95
So for anyone who heard this can someone explain what's the difference between this version and the version on other Albums? It is a different Take, a different edit or Just a slightly different mix?

This ME Version is longer (4.51) plus organ intro (very little organ part after a few seconds)

Date: November 24, 2022 13:21

BlueTurns2Grey
hockenheim95

This ME Version is longer (4.51) plus organ intro (very little organ part after a few seconds)
And another 'with mixed emotions zzzzz' is added to the bridge. Overall, the mix is somewhere in between the one from Monitor Mixes, album version and 12" remix. Kind of weird but funny.

exilestones
You know where to find it winking smiley.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 24, 2022 16:12

I'm madly in love with this song!!
Please...where can i find this version?!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 24, 2022 16:19

KRiffhard

I would guess on the Steel Wheels Half Speed Master version :-)

Date: November 24, 2022 16:20

hockenheim95
KRiffhard

I would guess on the Steel Wheels Half Speed Master version :-)

It's only on vinyl or even on CD?

Date: November 24, 2022 16:46

KRiffhard

Physically only released on vinyl, but people who bought the vinyl box got also access for a download of all tracks as mp3 or wav.

Date: November 24, 2022 16:47

BlueTurns2Grey
KRiffhard

Physically only released on vinyl, but people who bought the vinyl box got also access for a download of all tracks as mp3 or wav.

Many thanks thumbs up

Date: November 24, 2022 16:47

This version is hard to describe.
Probably a different mix.
Also possible that it's a different edit (additional parts in the bridge) or a different take.

Date: November 24, 2022 16:49

BlueTurns2Grey
KRiffhard

I did not get any code with a single LP.
Is it for sure that the download is the same version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-24 16:49 by Adams.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 24, 2022 17:03

mmm time to get the shrink-wrap off of this one smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: November 24, 2022 17:06

Adams
BlueTurns2Grey
KRiffhard

I did not get any code with a single LP.
Is it for sure that the download is the same version?

KRiffhard
BlueTurns2Grey
KRiffhard

Many thanks thumbs up
Hate to tell you but that download will bring you only standard album version in the form of 2009 remaster (brickwalled to death).

To get that mix you need either vinyl (as a physical media) or search the web for vinyl rip. I believe pbthal had that rip. (PBTHAL ARCHIVES (VINYL DONE RIGHT)). But to get access you'll need to do some mumbo-jumbo with registration. I do not provide any links because it is forbidden by the rules of this forum.

Date: November 24, 2022 17:18

micha063
exilestones
micha063

I liked it on the 5 Urban Jungle shows, I saw. I also like the bootleged versions. It has a very strong groove and drive and nice turnarounds. A real Stones number.
When they played it in 2016, they messed it up a bit...

Thanks, Tokyo 1990 was a good one!

Date: November 24, 2022 17:40

ironbelly
BlueTurns2Grey
hockenheim95

And another 'with mixed emotions zzzzz' is added to the bridge. Overall, the mix is somewhere in between the one from Monitor Mixes, album version and 12" remix. Kind of weird but funny.

exilestones

LOL!

I like this 2020 mix of 'Mixed Emotions.' I didn't notice much difference between the 2020 1/2-speed mix and the regular LP release, do you?

Love the 'zzzzz' to describe the bridge vocals.

The Monitor Mix version sounds like the regular version but unedited. It's cool to get some extra lead guitar work in the monitor mix (available on every bootleg of Steel Wheels outtakes).

I've been sifting through the many releases of the Steel Wheels outtakes. I have 10 boots with the apx 6.29 unedited version of 'Mixed Emotions.' I wonder if there are any differences between that monitor mix version and the LP version (4:39) besides the extra unedited parts?

What software do you use to determine which recording of a song is sonically better? Does the dynamic range give any indication, or is it the best sound determined by listening?

The Chris Kimsey Re-Mix of 'Mixed Emotions' (6:13) sucks. Chris is great in so many ways. He is a very talented man, but he's no Bob Clearmountain ('Miss You' 8.35 juxtaposition long versions). He's not a remix-reconstruction guy.

His 'Mixed Emotions Re-Mix' sounds like it starts in the middle. There are great parts to it, but it doesn't flow.

The 'Mixed Emotions Re-Mix' is found on "Another Side of Steel Wheels" (not to be confused with the 2020 1/2-speed mix).

Are we sure Chris Kimsey did the 2020 mix (4.51)? How do we know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-24 17:45 by exilestones.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 24, 2022 18:20

exilestones

The HalfSpeed-Master was done in 2018 for the Vinyl-Box Studio-Albums 1971-2016 - [iorr.org] .

And [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com] says for HalfSpeed Mixed Emotions 4:24 runtime.

Date: November 24, 2022 18:28

exilestones
ironbelly
BlueTurns2Grey
hockenheim95

exilestones

LOL!

I like this 2020 mix of 'Mixed Emotions.' I didn't notice much difference between the 2020 1/2-speed mix and the regular LP release, do you?

Love the 'zzzzz' to describe the bridge vocals.

The Monitor Mix version sounds like the regular version but unedited. It's cool to get some extra lead guitar work in the monitor mix (available on every bootleg of Steel Wheels outtakes).

I've been sifting through the many releases of the Steel Wheels outtakes. I have 10 boots with the apx 6.29 unedited version of 'Mixed Emotions.' I wonder if there are any differences between that monitor mix version and the LP version (4:39) besides the extra unedited parts?

What software do you use to determine which recording of a song is sonically better? Does the dynamic range give any indication, or is it the best sound determined by listening?

The Chris Kimsey Re-Mix of 'Mixed Emotions' (6:13) sucks. Chris is great in so many ways. He is a very talented man, but he's no Bob Clearmountain ('Miss You' 8.35 juxtaposition long versions). He's not a remix-reconstruction guy.

His 'Mixed Emotions Re-Mix' sounds like it starts in the middle. There are great parts to it, but it doesn't flow.

The 'Mixed Emotions Re-Mix' is found on "Another Side of Steel Wheels" (not to be confused with the 2020 1/2-speed mix).

Imo this is the best version:
[youtu.be]

Date: November 24, 2022 18:31

Irix
exilestones

The HalfSpeed-Master was done in 2018 for the Vinyl-Box Studio-Albums 1971-2016 - [iorr.org] .

And [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com] says for HalfSpeed Mixed Emotions 4:24 runtime.

so does the master page: [www.discogs.com] seems it means nothing

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 24, 2022 18:31

I'm happy that someone noticed the song play is 4:24 according to Discogs and other sites too. Anyhow, I'm hoping this isn't another case like Rock And A Hard Place "rock version" which apparently doesn't exist.

Date: November 24, 2022 18:43

frankotero
I'm happy that someone noticed the song play is 4:24 according to Discogs and other sites too. Anyhow, I'm hoping this isn't another case like Rock And A Hard Place "rock version" which apparently doesn't exist.

The running time of this special vinyl version of Mixed Emotions with organ intro (from this Boxset only) is definitly 4.51. Discoqs shows the running time of the normal album version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-24 18:43 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1315
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home