Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 23
Re: OT: FIFA World Cup 2022
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 10, 2022 00:12

Shit games. All there is left in hope is that England wil not win. Of course they will. Make England Great Again. Oh shit.

- Doxa

Posted by: Paris75014 ()
Date: December 10, 2022 00:16

The Sicilian
Paris75014
here we are !
Brazil out, Argentina in.

The last team from the New World to survive.
at the beginning of the tournament I was not really convinced that Argentina would reach the final but I was probably wrong.

Date: December 10, 2022 00:16

And it hurts…

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 10, 2022 00:21

Wow!!! And tomorrow I will enjoy two fantastic games - once again! Thank you world!

Date: December 10, 2022 00:22

PaintMonkeyManBlack
And it hurts…

It hurts, but nothing beats the hurting of England fans. There is no football without that.

- Doxa

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 10, 2022 00:57

Paris75014
The Sicilian
A World Cup record 17 yellow cards were handed out in the Argentina/Netherlands match.

Argentina vs. Croatia on Tuesday.
it's 18 yellow cards.

The guy that shoot on the Dutch dug out should have had a RED one

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 10, 2022 01:03

Ronaldo vs Messi final would be cool, if Ronaldo plays

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 10, 2022 01:10

The dutch team missed the game during 80 mn, after their first goal it was another game.The second goal is just awesome...but the awakening was too late for them and in the end, they also missed the penalty part like Spain vs Morocco.

For Brazil, I didn't like their spirit, we've all seen them showing off vs South Korea, vs Croatia it wasn't the same deal. As Doxa mentionned it, Croatia is a very strong team never easy to play, underated them has been a big mistake.

Let's wait now for what will happen tomorrow.
England - France will be a tough game as usual, and Morocco - Portugal could end with a surprise even if Portugal is on fire and look favourite.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-10 01:11 by Honestman.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 10, 2022 01:15

NICOS

Yes, and Messi a yellow for that failed imitation of the hand of God. Which would been also been red because he already had a yellow one.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 10, 2022 01:28

Koen
NICOS

Yes, and Messi a yellow for that failed imitation of the hand of God. Which would been also been red because he already had a yellow one.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 10, 2022 03:06

Paris75014
The Sicilian
A World Cup record 17 yellow cards were handed out in the Argentina/Netherlands match.

it's 18 yellow cards.

Where did you get that number?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 10, 2022 03:57

Yay Argentina!
I was so disappointed with the Dutch soccer that they just kicked the ball in.
Where has the total football gone?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 10, 2022 07:29

I am just loving this tourney right now.

Is ENG vs FRA the moral final? winking smiley

Date: December 10, 2022 10:30

The Sicilian
Paris75014
The Sicilian

it's 18 yellow cards.

well there was some confusion yesterday after the game.
I read some different sources on internet and they give different numbers.

18 yellow cards (10 for Argentina, 8 for the Netherlands) on a french sport tv just after the game.
then, 15 yellow cards on one website, 16 for another one.
Great confusion.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 10, 2022 13:04

There was given out 18 yellow cards during the Netherlands vs Argentina game last night. The yellow card was even waved during the shoot-out...

World Cup 2022: Netherlands and Argentina descend into chaos as new yellow card record set (BBC)

Once the dust settled on Argentina's victory by penalty shootout - 4-3, after a 2-2 draw - one number will remain indelibly linked with this game: 18.

That was the number of yellow cards shown - a record for a World Cup match.

The 18 yellows included eight for Dutch footballers, eight for Argentine players, and one each for Albiceste manager Lionel Scaloni and coach Walter Samuel.

Remarkably the only man to collect two yellows and be sent off was Denzel Dumfries, and that was after Lautaro Martinez has scored the winning shootout spot-kick.

Dumfries had launched himself at the celebrating Argentina players, who in turn had taunted the Dutch players following the winning strike.

Bjornulf

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: December 10, 2022 13:39

bv
There was given out 18 yellow cards during the Netherlands vs Argentina game last night. The yellow card was even waved during the shoot-out...

World Cup 2022: Netherlands and Argentina descend into chaos as new yellow card record set (BBC)

Once the dust settled on Argentina's victory by penalty shootout - 4-3, after a 2-2 draw - one number will remain indelibly linked with this game: 18.

The 18 yellows included eight for Dutch footballers, eight for Argentine players, and one each for Albiceste manager Lionel Scaloni and coach Walter Samuel.

Remarkably the only man to collect two yellows and be sent off was Denzel Dumfries, and that was after Lautaro Martinez has scored the winning shootout spot-kick.

Dumfries had launched himself at the celebrating Argentina players, who in turn had taunted the Dutch players following the winning strike.

Actually, as far as I know, the WC record is the so-called "Battle of Nuerenberg", WC in Germany, 2006; Holland-Portugal had 20 yellow cards and 4 red cards. Referee: Valentin Ivanov (RUS).

Date: December 10, 2022 14:02

deeeskannnie
bv

Actually, as far as I know, the WC record is the so-called "Battle of Nuerenberg", WC in Germany, 2006; Holland-Portugal had 20 yellow cards and 4 red cards. Referee: Valentin Ivanov (RUS).

no according to wikipedia, it's 16 yellow cards for the "Battle of Nuremberg" in 2006 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)]battle of Nuremberg[/url].

in this article, it is written :"The record for yellow cards in a World Cup game would be surpassed in 2022, when Antonio Mateu Lahoz issued a total of 17 yellow cards during the quarter-final match between the Netherlands and Argentina."

Still great confusion !

Date: December 10, 2022 14:21

Paris75014
deeeskannnie
bv

no according to wikipedia, it's 16 yellow cards for the "Battle of Nuremberg" in 2006 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)]battle of Nuremberg[/url].

in this article, it is written :"The record for yellow cards in a World Cup game would be surpassed in 2022, when Antonio Mateu Lahoz issued a total of 17 yellow cards during the quarter-final match between the Netherlands and Argentina."

Still great confusion !

I second that, about the 'confusion'... confused smiley

My source is NPO; Dutch state broadcaster, and (usually) really reliable when it comes to facts. (they are professional journalists; whereas Wikipedia - well... grinning smiley)

I'm gonna look into it a bit more, later today; really wanna know now. smoking smiley

The 'grand total' of yellow cards yesterday does seems to add up to 19: (so at least thàt Wikipedia has wrong):

Walter Samuel (30’; bench – ARG assistant coach)
Lionel Scaloni (t.b.c.; bench – ARG head coach)
Wout Weghorst (t.b.c.; bench – HOL substitute)
Jurriën Timber (43')
Marcos Acuña (43')
Cristian Romero (45')
Memphis Depay (76')
Lisandro Martinez (76")
Steven Berghuis (88')
Leandro Paredes (89')
Virgil van Dijk (90+1')
Lionel Messi (90+10')
Nicolas Otamendi (90+12')
Steven Bergwijn (91')
Gonzalo Montiel (109')
German Pezzaella (112')
Noa Lang (120')
Denzel Dumfries (120', 2x yellow)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-10 14:30 by deeeskannnie.

Date: December 10, 2022 14:47

FIFA.com is conlusive: the "Battle of Nuerenberg" (WC 2006) ended in 16 yellow cards - fóur of them being a player's second, leading to a sending off (hence the cionfusion about 'red' cards in that match I presume.)

[www.fifa.com]

1. Mark Van Bommel (2’)
2. Khalid Boulahrouz (7’)
3. Maniche (20’)
4. Costinha (31’)
5. Costinha (45+1’ – sent off)
6. Petit (50’)
7. Van Bronckhorst (59’)
8. Figo (60’)
9. Khalid Boulahrouz (63’ – sent off)
10. Deco (73’)
11. Wesley Sneijder (73’)
12. Van der Vaart (74’)
13. Ricardo (76’)
14. Nuno Valente (76’)
15. Deco (78’ – sent off)
16. Van Bronckhorst (90+5’ – sent off)

...So the record is, indeed, officially broken;
heartfelt congratulations to señor Mateu Lahoz! smoking smiley

Date: December 10, 2022 14:53

well I'm ok with 19 yellow cards, it's a great unglorious record !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 10, 2022 14:59

Some of these games seems more like "Rugby Aussie Rules" rather than football. It is all about the referee, where the line of free kicks and yellow cards is. During the Croatia vs Brazil game yesterday, there was a lot of holding, obstruction, killing of "real football", but it seemed like the referee did not bother, so the game was just killed by brutal play. A shame really.

Bjornulf

Date: December 10, 2022 15:11

yes, let's hope that both games today will be more "gentleman spirit".

Date: December 10, 2022 15:35

deeeskannnie
Paris75014
deeeskannnie
bv

Still great confusion !

I second that, about the 'confusion'... confused smiley

My source is NPO; Dutch state broadcaster, and (usually) really reliable when it comes to facts. (they are professional journalists; whereas Wikipedia - well... grinning smiley)

I'm gonna look into it a bit more, later today; really wanna know now. smoking smiley

The 'grand total' of yellow cards yesterday does seems to add up to 19: (so at least thàt Wikipedia has wrong):

Walter Samuel (30’; bench – ARG assistant coach)
Lionel Scaloni (t.b.c.; bench – ARG head coach)
Wout Weghorst (t.b.c.; bench – HOL substitute)
Jurriën Timber (43')
Marcos Acuña (43')
Cristian Romero (45')
Memphis Depay (76')
Lisandro Martinez (76")
Steven Berghuis (88')
Leandro Paredes (89')
Virgil van Dijk (90+1')
Lionel Messi (90+10')
Nicolas Otamendi (90+12')
Steven Bergwijn (91')
Gonzalo Montiel (109')
German Pezzaella (112')
Noa Lang (120')
Denzel Dumfries (120', 2x yellow)

well I'm sorry to feed the confusion but I read that on RMC Sport (French TV sport channel) : 16 yellow cards, one red card.

yellow cards for Argentina :

Marcos Acuña (43e), Christian Romero (45e), Lisandro Martinez (76e), Leandro Paredes (89e), Lionel Messi (90e+10), Nicolas Otamendi (90e+12), Gonzalo Montiel (109e) et German Pezzella (112e)

for the Netherlands :

Jurrien Timber (43e), Wout Weghorst (45e+2), Memphis Depay (76e), Steven Berghuis (88e) and Steven Bergwijn (91e).
Then, Denzel Dumfries (128e) and Noa Lang (129e) received their awards after the penalty session.
According to the official counting of Fifa, Dumfries received his second yellow award (129e) turning into a red one while the Oranje were already eliminated.

This article forgot to mention the other two yellow cards for the argentinian bench.
So, I definitely agree with deeskannie, it's 19 cards (18 yellow and one red cards) as a whole.

Date: December 10, 2022 17:18

Doxa
Shit games. All there is left in hope is that England wil not win. Of course they will. Make England Great Again. Oh shit.

- Doxa

First it was very exciting and now it's shit?

Date: December 10, 2022 17:27

Topi
Doxa

- Doxa

First it was very exciting and now it's shit?

The feelings change. It's the greatest game on earth, football!

But now it is exciting again: another day, another great games!

- Doxa

Date: December 10, 2022 17:41

Paris75014
The Sicilian
Paris75014
The Sicilian

it's 18 yellow cards.

well there was some confusion yesterday after the game.
I read some different sources on internet and they give different numbers.

18 yellow cards (10 for Argentina, 8 for the Netherlands) on a french sport tv just after the game.
then, 15 yellow cards on one website, 16 for another one.
Great confusion.

I did see different numbers all over the place, but I got my number from the broadcasters after the game and while the Argentina celebrations were still on the field and they also said it was a WC record. Either way it's too many to count.

Date: December 10, 2022 17:44

Morocco is on the board 1-0 just minutes before the half.

Date: December 10, 2022 17:50

Yeah, talk about a locker room goal there.

Allez Allez Maroc!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 10, 2022 17:58

There where lots of yellowcards yesterday at the Netherlands vs. Argentina game, not all of hard play, but complaining to the refere and so. This man Lahoz was not capable of leading the game. He let it slip to his hands…… But the players where also not capable, what a very poor game. And what did the players misbehave themselves. Both Netherlands en Argentina

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-10 18:04 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 10, 2022 18:04

I’m a great fan of Leo Messi @leomessi, but he should have send of the pitch. Lahoz the bad referee should have booked him with a yellow card after hands (faul play and intentionally hands!) but didn’t do. After the second goal of the Netherlands Lahoz gave Messi yellow, what would have been his second and for that a red card. That would have left Argentina with 10 players in the extra time for half an hour.
But overal it’s the Netherlands own fault. The play of them was very very poor. And that is as long as Louis van Gaal was our coach this whole tournament and before, I never liked (t)his way of defensive play. It’s on-Dutch!! Johan Cruijff (@johancruyff) turns around in his grave if he could see them play this way. And I would do the same smoking smiley
It was a very poor game. Also from Argentina. Both teams don’t belong to be this far in the tournament with playing like this. Argentina also lives by the few great moments of genius of the legend Leo Messi.
Also both teams behaved themselves very bad. Fighting and so on
I’m not writing this as a bad loser. (yes maybe a sour loser yawning smileyconfused smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer)
I would rather had that we would stay in the tournament and win the World Cup with (t)his defensive play of mr. Van Gaal, than kicked off of course. smiling smileygrinning smiley

Congratulations to my Argentinian Rolling Stones @therollingstones friends smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-10 18:12 by Christiaan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home