Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RE: London Records Jukebox EP's Question
Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:03

In the 1960s the Rolling Stones' American record label, London Records, put out jukebox EPs that were 7 inches (like 45's) but played on 33 1/3 RPMs. Each EP contained about five songs and was for jukeboxes only and not for the public. They are big collectors' items. I've seen ones for the following albums: 12 x 5, Rolling Stones, Now!, Out Of Our Heads, December's Children, and Their Satanic Majesties Request. It seems odd that they didn't make ones to promote Aftermath or Between The Buttons. My question is, were these the only albums London Records made Jukebox EPs for? If anyone has other jukebox EPs from London Records can you please post pictures here?

Rob

Re: RE: London Records Jukebox EP's Question
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:06

You are correct, there's no other 1960s titles. But in the 70s there's Exile and GHS on Atlantic records label. These are pretty cool for collectors. Cheers!

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:26

Thank you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2022 08:03

frankotero
You are correct, there's no other 1960s titles. But in the 70s there's Exile and GHS on Atlantic records label. These are pretty cool for collectors. Cheers!

I've got a jukebox ep of GHS, I think Star Star's on that one.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 19, 2022 08:44

Yes. A bizarre 4-song choice of Star Star, Hide Your Love, Can You Hear The Music, and 100 Years Ago.

Odd that Angie, Silver Train, Dancin’ With Mr. D., or Heartbreaker aren’t included in a juke box selection as they comprise the songs released on 7”.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 19, 2022 09:50

I dig those juke box EP’s. The less famous bands are more affordable for anyone interested in collecting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home