Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Ticketmaster complaints
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 23:03

Was just looking at tix for Depeche Mode at the Garden, and the CHEAPEST are $431, and they're pretty much BEHIND the stage!!!!! Insane. I expect we would see similar prices for indoor shows by the boys......

Re: Ticketmaster complaints
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 18, 2023 20:00

Rolling Stones, always a trailblazer in the concert industry, were also the first act to take a cut of the fees according to founder and CEO from 1982 to 1998 Fred Rosen.

[www.stitcher.com]

From a fascinating in-depth interview via my favorite music podcast.

Lefsetz asks when did Ticketmaster start sharing the fees with the acts he said not while I was in charge. Except for the Rolling Stones!

OT: initial price of tickets onTicketmaster USA
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 10, 2023 18:44

How does it work?
I had a look today on the presales for the Kiss final shows in fall 2023.
Tickets which are supposed to be initial sales (by opposition with the second market à la Viagogo) have yet changing price every minute. Sections 200 were moving from 500 USD to 1072 USD in a matter of 60 minutes. No fixed price at all for every section.
Explain please.

Re: OT: initial price of tickets on Ticketmaster USA
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 10, 2023 18:59

The Joker
How does it work?
I had a look today on the presales for the Kiss final shows in fall 2023.
Tickets which are supposed to be initial sales (by opposition with the second market à la Viagogo) have yet changing price every minute. Sections 200 were moving from 500 USD to 1072 USD in a matter of 60 minutes. No fixed price at all for every section.
Explain please.

Dynamic Pricing. ONLY BUY "STANDARD ADULT" TICKETS (there is a filter for this)!

Re: OT: initial price of tickets onTicketmaster USA
Date: March 10, 2023 19:04

Thanks.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 10, 2023 19:09

The Joker
…How does it work. Explain please.

Re: Ticketmaster complaints and questions
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2023 21:47

Saw Ricky Gervais in Helsinki tonight. He told all proceeds from his Platinum tickets go to charity. Maybe others should take note.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 11, 2023 21:56

Topi....just wondering where are u from?

Date: March 11, 2023 22:05

Finland

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 11, 2023 22:11

SomeTorontoGirl
The Joker

Lol, so very true STG!!!!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 11, 2023 23:00

Topi
Saw Ricky Gervais in Helsinki tonight. He told all proceeds from his Platinum tickets go to charity. Maybe others should take note.

Hi Topi,

Yeah, animal welfare benefits from RG's platinum sales. I believe that the sublime Bonnie Raitt has done similar, albeit to different causes.

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 17, 2023 17:18

New wrinkle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-17 17:19 by snoopy2.

Date: March 18, 2023 19:06

SomeTorontoGirl
The Joker

Ah Toronto Woman
I finally get it.
I have a low engine....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 18, 2023 19:37

Recently I bought tickets for Dylan shows in Spain and Portugal – neither ticketmaster nor eventim were involved!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2023 14:09

Neil Young doesn't like ticketmaster either => [neilyoungarchives.com]

Date: March 24, 2023 14:36

Drake fans aren’t happy either.

Drake concert tickets at the centre of new Canadian class-action lawsuit against Ticketmaster

The suit alleges the ticketing giant knowingly misled fans looking to see Drake perform in Montreal, upcharging them for “Official Platinum” tickets.

A Montreal law firm has filed a class-action lawsuit against Ticketmaster, arguing the ticket giant “intentionally misleads consumers for their own financial gain.”

LPC Avocat Inc. said a Montreal man purchased two “Official Platinum” seats for Drake’s upcoming “It’s All A Blur” tour at the Bell Centre on July 14 for $789.54 each. The next day, the law firm says, Drake added a second show for July 15 and the same seats were available for more than $350 less.

“Ticketmaster unilaterally decides which tickets it advertises and sells as ‘Official Platinum’ based on a given event,” reads the application for the class action provided to the Star. “The result is that most, if not all, of the tickets advertised and sold as ‘Official Platinum’ are neither ‘premium tickets’ nor ‘some of the best seats in the house’ and are, in fact, just regular tickets sold by Ticketmaster at an artificially inflated premium in bad faith.”

The suit further alleges Ticketmaster knew Drake would perform two concerts in Montreal, but “concealed this information” in order to “squeeze out” as much money as possible from fans buying tickets for the first show.

If the Quebec Superior Court approves it, the class-action lawsuit will seek “compensatory damages in the aggregate amount of the difference between the prices charged for ‘Official Platinum’ tickets and what their regular price ought to have been” for fans who bought Official Platinum seats. It also seeks $300 per customer in punitive damages.

These allegations have not been proven in court and Ticketmaster has not publicly commented on them.

According to its website, LPC Avocat Inc. is “a class action law firm focusing on protecting consumer rights.”

[www.thestar.com]

Date: March 24, 2023 14:46

Out of curiosity, I had checked out ticket prices for the Madonna pre-sale in January, and posted this on the Overpriced Ticket thread. TM fees were beyond belief.

Platinum ticket, front row $6,529
TicketBastard fee $966.92
Facility Charge $4.25
Order processing Fee $7.00
Total $7,507.17

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 24, 2023 16:43

Peter Gabrial tcikets went on sale today for a few more cities in the USA As soon as the tickets went on sale, the first rows where already being sold as a higher price for resale. How the heck were these tickets gone even before they went on sale. Ticketmaster is such a scam.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-24 16:44 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 24, 2023 17:03

Remember a few years before Covid TM/LiveNation gave previous ticket-holders a bunch of vouchers for chump change? Yeah, thanks for that $2.75 off my next ticket, that won't even cover the fees. If they are sued, they should give back actual money, not a weak discount on an overpriced show.

Date: March 24, 2023 20:28

More Hot Rocks
Peter Gabrial tcikets went on sale today for a few more cities in the USA As soon as the tickets went on sale, the first rows where already being sold as a higher price for resale. How the heck were these tickets gone even before they went on sale. Ticketmaster is such a scam.

Was there a presale before?

That would explain it. If there were presales earlier on the week, people had time to buy up good seats and list them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-24 20:34 by Topi.

Date: March 24, 2023 21:00

Topi
More Hot Rocks

That would explain it. If there were presales earlier on the week, people had time to buy up good seats and list them.

My own guess is the front rows would be artist seats they take control of and use a point of sale system or a preferred broker for access to the secondary marketplaces which would show up as red dot resale tickets. Otherwise they would almost certainly be listed as blue dot or gold star platinum tickets.

Those same seats are likely listed on all marketplaces.

But resale usually doesn't go live until after the presales. However I am no longer buying tickets (personal use or resale) so my knowledge is also fast becoming obsolete. (if I wanna go I just show up at the appointed time)

As Robert Smith has now substantiated, the artist has control over all ticketing. Whether or how they exercise that control is another story. In most cases it's likely a "this is what I pay someone else to do" type of situation.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 24, 2023 21:16

Topi
More Hot Rocks

You’re right about the presale. I never thought of that. Ty

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2023 22:33

Dan
Topi
More Hot Rocks

My own guess is the front rows would be artist seats they take control of and use a point of sale system or a preferred broker for access to the secondary marketplaces which would show up as red dot resale tickets. Otherwise they would almost certainly be listed as blue dot or gold star platinum tickets.

But resale usually doesn't go live until after the presales. However I am no longer buying tickets (personal use or resale) so my knowledge is also fast becoming obsolete. (if I wanna go I just show up at the appointed time)

As Robert Smith has now substantiated, the artist has control over all ticketing. Whether or how they exercise that control is another story. In most cases it's likely a "this is what I pay someone else to do" type of situation.

Robert Smith deserves a lot of credit for putting his money where his mouth is as far as making everything fan friendly goes. As the tour sold out almost instantly it shows at least some people were paying attention. The pricing extends to merch, too. The Cure charge $25 for shirts where a lot of bands are charging $50 now. A lot of the bands I like try to keep things real for the fans.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 25, 2023 00:11

I can’t praise Robert Smith enough. The more I heard of what he’s done, the more respect I can’t help feeling.

Here we go again — a quote from the IQ article (sorry this is the third time I post this):

The Perfect Boy
Revealing the depth of Robert Smith’s involvement in the band’s career, Mitha tells IQ, “Robert is the only artist I know in the world who discusses ticket prices, sightlines, scalings with every promoter – it was the same with the 2016 tour. So, when you send over scaling plans with those colour seating maps and everything, he literally goes into every detail and changes the colours. It must be crazy time-consuming for him, but he’s very involved.”

Spanish promoter Mercader comments, “They care deeply about the ticket prices – the only other act I can think of who care to the same extent is AC/DC. Robert wants sensible prices to make it as affordable as possible for all fans.”

It’s something that Hopewell knows well. “Promoters will put forward a ticket price they think is achievable and a lot of the time Robert will come back and say thank you very much, but I think the prices should be lower,” he says. “He’s also very keen to see ticket scales that are neatly structured rather than appearing to be haphazard from the fans’ point of view.”

Production manager Broad notes the positives, “Robert is like management. He wants to know the sales numbers, how everything looks, where everything is – he is very hands on. It actually has its advantages: if anyone asks ‘Why do you do X?’ we can answer, ‘Because Robert wants to!’ And that’s the end of the conversation.”

[www.iq-mag.net]

Date: March 25, 2023 01:06

crholmstrom
Dan
Topi
More Hot Rocks

Robert Smith deserves a lot of credit for putting his money where his mouth is as far as making everything fan friendly goes. As the tour sold out almost instantly it shows at least some people were paying attention. The pricing extends to merch, too. The Cure charge $25 for shirts where a lot of bands are charging $50 now. A lot of the bands I like try to keep things real for the fans.

Oh absolutely but I also get the idea touring is recreation for him while employing his friends and associates as for most it's a job.

He may not need the money but even some millionaires are living paycheck to paycheck, just read Ronnie's book!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 25, 2023 01:53

From Daily Mail Online —

“Fans fly to EUROPE to see their favorite singers because tickets for Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna in concert are three times CHEAPER than in US”

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: April 1, 2023 00:27

This is pretty interesting. I wonder if others will follow:

The post Robert Smith Says The Cure Have Canceled 7,000 Scalped Tickets to Their Upcoming Tour appeared first on Consequence.

Robert Smith’s efforts to go after scalpers have resulted in the cancelation of 7,000 tickets to The Cure’s upcoming North American tour.

As part of the on-sale process for the tour, Smith opted out of Ticketmaster’s “platinum” and “dynamically priced” ticket options, and restricted ticket transfers in markets where he was legally allowed to do so (New York, Illinois, and Colorado have all enacted legislation protecting resellers).

As a result, according to Smith, “Approx 7k tickets across approx 2200 orders have been cancelled. These are tickets acquired with fake accounts / listed on secondary resale sites.”

See here:

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 1, 2023 00:37

georgemcdonnell314
This is pretty interesting. I wonder if others will follow:

The post Robert Smith Says The Cure Have Canceled 7,000 Scalped Tickets to Their Upcoming Tour appeared first on Consequence.

Robert Smith’s efforts to go after scalpers have resulted in the cancelation of 7,000 tickets to The Cure’s upcoming North American tour.

As part of the on-sale process for the tour, Smith opted out of Ticketmaster’s “platinum” and “dynamically priced” ticket options, and restricted ticket transfers in markets where he was legally allowed to do so (New York, Illinois, and Colorado have all enacted legislation protecting resellers).

As a result, according to Smith, “Approx 7k tickets across approx 2200 orders have been cancelled. These are tickets acquired with fake accounts / listed on secondary resale sites.”

See here:

[www.yahoo.com]

Pretty sure that I ended up getting a pair of tickets that were taken back. I got them way late in the presale (the next day) & the seats are pretty good. Thank you, Mr. Smith!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 1, 2023 00:40

RisingStone
From Daily Mail Online —

“Fans fly to EUROPE to see their favorite singers because tickets for Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna in concert are three times CHEAPER than in US”

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

This is similar to alot of Canadian hockey fans who fly down south to watch their teams play in places like Phoenix because it's cheaper to fly down and get a ticket than to get a ticket in Canada.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 1, 2023 01:28

I'm actually nervous about what the Stones ticket prices will be like on their next North American tour... the balloon for ticket prices seems to be expanding rapidly this year. Why the heck are nosebleeds $200, $300, $400 + dollars.... there's a lot of acts I'll never see again--because I can't justify a nosebleed, let alone a floor seat.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home