Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: OT: Ticketmaster
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 29, 2022 23:27

The artists are entirely complicit with TM and Livenation (or whomever) and their pricing schemes. Don’t think for a minute they aren’t. If you want be be angry, fine, but be mad at the at ALL the guilty parties including your rock and roll heroes.

I’ve seen people here (and elsewhere) who think TM alone keeps all that extra filthy lucre. That’s stupid.

Re: OT: Ticketmaster
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 29, 2022 23:32

rbk
The artists are entirely complicit with TM and Livenation (or whomever) and their pricing schemes. Don’t think for a minute they aren’t. If you want be be angry, fine, but be mad at the at ALL the guilty parties including your rock and roll heroes.

I’ve seen people here (and elsewhere) who think TM alone keeps all that extra filthy lucre. That’s stupid.

German readers might find this book interesting: Seliger: Vom Imperiengeschäft
Konzerte – Festivals – Streaming – Soziales. Wie Großkonzerne die kulturelle Vielfalt zerstören

OT: Beyonce / Ticketmaster
Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: February 7, 2023 21:29

I don't see a complaint thread yet on Beyonce tickets so I'll assume it's going decently for the IORR people trying for them. I get my code later today, we'll see. Any comments?

Re: OT: Beyonce / Ticketmaster
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 7, 2023 22:22

I see they're not on sale yet for many cities.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 7, 2023 22:51

NashvilleBlues

Ya, they're staggering the roll out. I think she's overrated. Just my opinion. On a related note, they added a second Seattle show for Madonna with pretty much no publicity. Still too rich for my blood.

Date: February 7, 2023 23:19

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

Ya, they're staggering the roll out. I think she's overrated. Just my opinion. On a related note, they added a second Seattle show for Madonna with pretty much no publicity. Still too rich for my blood.

I'm not a Beyonce fan, either. Smart to roll it out slower than Taylor Swift, for sure. If Swift sold out Nissan Stadium for 3 straight nights, I'm guessing Beyonce could do the same (she only has 1 date at Nissan currently).

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 7, 2023 23:21

I used to like her a good bit back in the day. I have the Destiny’s Child albums, plus all her solo releases up to, and including, Lemonade. I bought the latter album out of habit more than anything. The 2011 album, 4, was the last that I purchased and truly, really enjoyed. I find that, today, she’s too overtly political, distant and diva-like. She lost the fun and carefree vibes sometime ago, unfortunately. Now, I’m too old to care.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 01:23

Follow up SoFi dates: got 2 good seats $300 list $405 w/ stupid fees. Process was easy. So no Taylor Swift-like noise, they got their act together.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 8, 2023 01:50

Does she know anything about music? Does she arrange, play an instrumental or does she just write words on a piece of paper and say “look I wrote a song”? And lets everyone else do the melody, production. Basically is she a corporate product. I’m serious.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 8, 2023 01:57

More Hot Rocks
Does she know anything about music? Does she arrange, play an instrumental or does she just write words on a piece of paper and say “look I wrote a song”? And lets everyone else do the melody, production. Basically is she a corporate product. I’m serious.

Prince said something to that effect when he worked with her. He was unimpressed that she couldn't read music. I was in the music biz when Destiny's Child came out. It seemed at the time that the hype was more important than the music. I don't see that things have changed. Jay Z doesn't really impress me either. & although I don't listen to a lot of it, I don't hate rap. I think the accolades for Kendrick Lamar are well deserved.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 8, 2023 06:02

Beyonce tickets were a lot less expensive in Europe. Checked the Stockholm prices just for fun. It was about 120 USD for decent seats/GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-08 06:03 by Topi.

Date: February 8, 2023 12:06

More Hot Rocks

Whether she composed her own lyrics, or had a hand in the melodies, it’s not something I particularly gave much thought to. I merely enjoyed the music and drooled over the videos. It still, for me, doesn’t get any hotter than Crazy in Love. Such a great, great, song.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2023 12:21

Lurv ta watch Megan Thee Stallion auction a house ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 12:43

More Hot Rocks

do you ask the same questions about Tina Turner or Joe Cocker?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 15:12

tommyturbo76
I don't see a complaint thread yet on Beyonce tickets so I'll assume it's going decently for the IORR people trying for them. I get my code later today, we'll see. Any comments?

I didn't receive a code as yet.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 15:17

Big Al
I used to like her a good bit back in the day. I have the Destiny’s Child albums, plus all her solo releases up to, and including, Lemonade. I bought the latter album out of habit more than anything. The 2011 album, 4, was the last that I purchased and truly, really enjoyed. I find that, today, she’s too overtly political, distant and diva-like. She lost the fun and carefree vibes sometime ago, unfortunately. Now, I’m too old to care.

Big Al, you and I are on the same page for Bey. I don't have Lemonade though. One of these days I'll pick it up. I do have her latest, more for the controversial lyrics that she promised to change than anything else (I'd wanted an original copy ala Bodycount), but I could barely get thru a single listen of it. IDK what the hell it was, but I would be hard pressed to call it music. I shant ever play it again. It was abominable.

That being said, for a decent price, I would definitely go see her live! The closest I'll get to Brown Sugar these days!!!! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 8, 2023 15:18

hockenheim95
More Hot Rocks

do you ask the same questions about Tina Turner or Joe Cocker?

fair point!

Re: OT: Ticketmaster complaints
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 8, 2023 16:36

I would love to go to the Beyoncé show, but there’s no way I can afford her and the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 8, 2023 17:25

Apart from Crazy in Love, which I do like, I haven't loved what little else of Beyonce's I've heard, so won't be looking for any tickets.

But I heard a radio piece about the Beyonce phenomenon in which a person claimed to have been number 419,000+ in the queue for tickets when they went on sale for the UK. Can't say I've ever heard of that happening in any sale of Stones tickets...

Date: February 8, 2023 17:30

Beast
Apart from Crazy in Love, which I do like, I haven't loved what little else of Beyonce's I've heard, so won't be looking for any tickets.

But I heard a radio piece about the Beyonce phenomenon in which a person claimed to have been number 419,000+ in the queue for tickets when they went on sale for the UK. Can't say I've ever heard of that happening in any sale of Stones tickets...

Usually when I use TM, it says 2000+ in line in front of you, never goes higher than that. Wonder how they knew they were 419,000+?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 8, 2023 23:50

NashvilleBlues
Beast

Usually when I use TM, it says 2000+ in line in front of you, never goes higher than that. Wonder how they knew they were 419,000+?

No idea! I've never seen that either. Maybe a technical glitch made it visible - eithr that or the person was exaggerating for effect!

Date: February 9, 2023 12:58

VoodooLounge13
Big Al

Big Al, you and I are on the same page for Bey. I don't have Lemonade though. One of these days I'll pick it up. I do have her latest, more for the controversial lyrics that she promised to change than anything else (I'd wanted an original copy ala Bodycount), but I could barely get thru a single listen of it. IDK what the hell it was, but I would be hard pressed to call it music. I shant ever play it again. It was abominable.

That being said, for a decent price, I would definitely go see her live! The closest I'll get to Brown Sugar these days!!!! tongue sticking out smiley

Yep! Beyoncé was the ultimate Brown Sugar, circa 2003. She was everywhere, and Crazy In Love was the soundtrack to that summer, for me. Amongst my love for the Strokes and all things NME, I had to somehow make room for my ‘hidden love’ I was spellbound. Aged 19, I had found my ideal, though be it, unobtainable woman!

Will Ticketmaster screw up the pricing like it there on Springsteen and Swift??
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:23

Recently, there was an article in USA today how the Springsteen fanzine Backstreets is ceasing print publication. The editor said his heart wasn’t in it, partly due to the Springsteen ticket sale where tickets went for thousands of dollars due to dynamic pricing. Many of the readers of the fanzine cannot afford such pricing, and as a result have lost interest in the publication. Taylor Swift fans also felt screwed by this. Do you guys think the Stones have followed this, or will we see $5k Ticketmaster prices?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-12 22:16 by donvis.

Re: Will Ticketmaster screw up the pricing like it there on Springsteen and Swift??
Date: February 12, 2023 21:26

The Stones have used dynamic pricing ("Platinum") ever since the Zip Code tour in 2015.

It's nothing new.

When searching for tickets just filter out everything else except Standard Admission tickets. That's the face value price. Stay the hell away from Platinum and VIP tickets.

Re: Will Ticketmaster screw up the pricing like it there on Springsteen and Swift??
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:40

Let’s admit rock ‘n’ roll isn’t relevant to all things rebellious any more. It’s all about money and greed. Sadly that’s the time we live in.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:45

donvis
Recently, there was an article in USA today how the Springsteen found fanzine Backstreets is ceasing print publication. The editor said his heart wasn’t in it, partly due to the Springsteen ticket sale where tickets went for thousands of dollars due to dynamic pricing. Many of the readers of the fanzine cannot afford such pricing, and as a result have lost interest in the publication. Taylor Swift fans also felt screwed by this. Do you guys think the Stones have followed this, or will we see $5k Ticketmaster prices?

The "problem" for Bruce is that he used the Stones model and fans weren't expecting it. This wasn't a Ticketmaster "screwup" but the system working exactly as designed. It also went against the mythology but myths are called myths for a reason.

Taylor Swift wanted the advance press of selling the most tickets ever in a single day and the system choked. On top of that even that tour schedule wasn't enough to satisfy demand.

The Rolling Stones tour will go pretty much exactly like the last several Stones tour. There will be winners, losers and tales of woe but most importantly plenty of tickets for everyone willing to pay the price.

But yes, you will see $5000 prices like every other tour.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:45

Ticketmaster doesn’t do anything that artists don’t agree to in advance.

Date: February 12, 2023 21:52

MelBelli

Correct.

Date: February 13, 2023 12:51

MelBelli

that's true – especially for artist who have enough market power to dictate their own conditions

Re: Ticketmaster complaints
Date: February 13, 2023 13:58

TM is just the marketplace. They do not own the tickets they sell or set the prices.

[help.ticketmaster.com]

[eu.usatoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 14:00 by Topi.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home