Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT: Ticketmaster
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2022 19:41

NashvilleBlues
And when they allow reselling on TM they collect fees at least twice on the same ticket (maybe three times: once during the original sale, once from the reseller and once from the resale buyer).

Yes, but it should be pointed out that the Taylor Swift tickets specifically did not have the option of reselling on TM.

Other resale sites, that's out of TM's hands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 19:43 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 18, 2022 19:45

Topi
NashvilleBlues
And when they allow reselling on TM they collect fees at least twice on the same ticket (maybe three times: once during the original sale, once from the reseller and once from the resale buyer).

Yes, but it should be pointed out that the Taylor Swift tickets specifically did not have the option of reselling on TM.

Other resale sites, that's out of TM's hands.

I know. That's why I said "when." Decent move by Swift.

Date: November 18, 2022 19:46

With about a dozen tiers of VIP tickets, she sure made her pricing "dynamic" though winking smiley

Date: November 18, 2022 19:48

BFR
I think we all understand supply and demand but when the only people who were eligible to try for tickets are those few lucky ones that get randomly selected as a Verified Fan, it's not a fair game. Ticketmaster issues Verified Fan access codes and knew exactly how many codes were issued. Their infrastructure couldn't handle the amount of users they pre-set! That's unacceptable. The monopoly issue comes in to play when you have no other avenue to access tickets at face value.

Immediately after tickets were available in the pre-sale, they were posted on reseller sites for upwards of $30,000 in some cases! That's insane.

The other blaring issue is the exorbitant fees and "convenience" charges that can add up to be more than 75% of the value of the ticket.

TicketBastard needs competition. Full stop.

Agree 100%.

Date: November 18, 2022 19:48

Topi
With about a dozen tiers of VIP tickets, she sure made her pricing "dynamic" though winking smiley

Haha! For sure!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2022 20:02

BFR
I think we all understand supply and demand but when the only people who were eligible to try for tickets are those few lucky ones that get randomly selected as a Verified Fan, it's not a fair game. Ticketmaster issues Verified Fan access codes and knew exactly how many codes were issued. Their infrastructure couldn't handle the amount of users they pre-set! That's unacceptable. The monopoly issue comes in to play when you have no other avenue to access tickets at face value.

Immediately after tickets were available in the pre-sale, they were posted on reseller sites for upwards of $30,000 in some cases! That's insane.

The other blaring issue is the exorbitant fees and "convenience" charges that can add up to be more than 75% of the value of the ticket.

TicketBastard needs competition. Full stop.

Ticketmaster's real clients are the venues. And they are generally satisfied with the arrangements. Now smaller venues being strongarmed into using them in order to get desireable events is another story.

Fees? A lot of those go back to the venue and promoter. Sometimes acts take upwards of 100% of the ticket price.

But good news, the consequences of increased government scrutiny of ticketing is already here.

More states to start charging sales tax on tickets!

Beginning January 1, 2023, Ticket Evolution (“TEVO”) will begin collecting sales tax at checkout for events held at venues located in Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, and West Virginia. These will be in addition to the District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin where we have already been collecting and remitting sales tax. Sales tax will be collected from all buyers (including professional resellers who buy through TEVO) – unless a valid state Exemption Certificate (also known as a Resale Certificate) has been provided to TEVO.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2022 21:11

It's all like when Michael Corleone took the mob legit in The Godfather 2. Just saying....

Date: November 18, 2022 22:21

Funny how their service charges are a percentage of the ticket prices. Like their "service" for a $500 ticket is worth any more than their "service" on a $45 ticket. Same with StubHub. $3400 service fees on a $12,300 ticket? A fool and his money are easily parted, but this garbage should be regulated a bit better.

[www.msn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 22:21 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2022 22:41

NashvilleBlues
Funny how their service charges are a percentage of the ticket prices. Like their "service" for a $500 ticket is worth any more than their "service" on a $45 ticket. Same with StubHub. $3400 service fees on a $12,300 ticket? A fool and his money are easily parted, but this garbage should be regulated a bit better.

[www.msn.com]

Tickpick, my favorite secondary site, where I buy most of my tickets aside from outside the venue, displays all in pricing.

Otherwise f you don't like the price, don't buy. If enough people refuse to play this game prices come down.

Not sure the proper role of government is to cater to mentally ill obsessive compulsives at the worst or the very least how people spend their discretionary income on luxury services.

And one thing I learned while crying outside the Echoplex is no one ever died from missing a concert.

Date: November 18, 2022 22:52

Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

Tickpick, my favorite secondary site, where I buy most of my tickets aside from outside the venue, displays all in pricing.

Otherwise f you don't like the price, don't buy. If enough people refuse to play this game prices come down.

Not sure the proper role of government is to cater to mentally ill obsessive compulsives at the worst or the very least how people spend their discretionary income on luxury services.

And one thing I learned while crying outside the Echoplex is no one ever died from missing a concert.

If more people said no, the prices would surely go down, but it'll never happen. People just don't work together on a scale that large.

Cool tickpick story for ya. I bought 2 $6 nosebleeds for Paul Simon. They wouldn't scan at Bridgestone so the box office kept stringing me along. Once I heard the band start, the lady at the box office motioned to me and gave me two awesome paper tickets in a great section where re-sales were going for $200+. Makes me wonder how many they keep aside and how can I use this more often? Haha!

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 19, 2022 07:08

I’ve never had any issues when purchasing tickets through AXS. I’ve been able to log in at the time tickets go on sale and get good tickets for face value for every event I’ve purchased through them. I even logged in about 20 minutes after the Hyde Park Stones tickets were posted and still go the ticket closest to the stage at Level One pricing.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 19, 2022 15:35

Opinion piece from Bobby Oliver in response to Springsteen's interview in Rolling Stone that touches on the exorbitant ticket prices.

[www.nj.com]

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: November 19, 2022 17:10

While the ticket master thing is a joke and needs to be fixed it's extremely sad with all the issues in this country that need attention there mostly concerned about this what a bunch of fools.

Date: November 19, 2022 17:14

Rickster
While the ticket master thing is a joke and needs to be fixed it's extremely sad with all the issues in this country that need attention there mostly concerned about this what a bunch of fools.

& by extension the audience that is paying those prices.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 19, 2022 18:20

Ticketmaster has now made a public apology, as well as #tickmasterisoverparty trending on twitter.. and while congress doesn’t necessarily need to get involved, the mention of it by congressmembers did bring some “heat” to the subject and it is being talked about publicly, at least for a couple days.. At least thru lunch today

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 23:05 by snoopy2.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 23, 2022 04:01

Putting an entire tour onsale at once is just plain dumb. It is a capacity issue. If they did it over a week no problemo.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 29, 2022 00:46

Looks like Metallica’s newly announced world tour is going to have the on demand pricing too. Hoping to get tickets but man with the type of tour they’re doing and the newly reunited Pantera in tow as one of Night One’s opening act I expect these tix to go fast and the prices to be insane!!! Metallica is playing two nights everywhere they stop with one set of opening acts on night one and a different set on night two!!!! I’ve never heard of such a thing! And they’re promising different setlists from night to night. Your ticket will be for both nights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-29 02:37 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: November 29, 2022 02:18

daspyknows
Putting an entire tour onsale at once is just plain dumb. It is a capacity issue. If they did it over a week no problemo.

For sure. Good point. You think they would’ve figured it out by now.

Date: November 29, 2022 02:22

VoodooLounge13
Looks like Metallica’s newly announced world tour is going to have the on demand pricing too. Hoping to get tickets but man with the type of tour they’re doing and the newly reunited Panthers in tow as one of Night One’s opening act I expect these tix to go fast and the prices to be insane!!! Metallica is playing two nights everywhere they stop with one set of opening acts on night one and a different set on night two!!!! I’ve never heard of such a thing! And they’re promising different setlists from night to night. Your ticket will be for both nights.

I don't like it when they put these big shows on sale during the holidays. It's not like the shows are next month. So much greed by everyone this time year. Grabbing as much cash as possible, putting people in debt. The real meaning of the holidays is lost in the shuffle & it makes me sad.

Date: November 29, 2022 02:22

VoodooLounge13
Looks like Metallica’s newly announced world tour is going to have the on demand pricing too. Hoping to get tickets but man with the type of tour they’re doing and the newly reunited Panthers in tow as one of Night One’s opening act I expect these tix to go fast and the prices to be insane!!! Metallica is playing two nights everywhere they stop with one set of opening acts on night one and a different set on night two!!!! I’ve never heard of such a thing! And they’re promising different setlists from night to night. Your ticket will be for both nights.

Cool ideas. Should sell well. It’ll be interesting to watch. I think they’re just playing weekends. Too bad they’re not playing very many US dates.

Date: November 29, 2022 02:39

Yes they are playing weekends. In a way it’s a nice thing to do for the cities they play as people will stay for the weekend and visit different sites around town. I’m hoping for Foxborough myself. I’m a 5th member but still not sure I’ll get in.

Date: November 29, 2022 02:45

crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13

I don't like it when they put these big shows on sale during the holidays. It's not like the shows are next month. So much greed by everyone this time year. Grabbing as much cash as possible, putting people in debt. The real meaning of the holidays is lost in the shuffle & it makes me sad.

Yes, I totally agree. The show I want to go to is in August of 2024!!!! Absolutely no need to sell those shows now. It is putting a strain on the Xmas finances but then I don’t have a wife to shop for this year so I can probably afford whatever they charge for these tickets!!!!

smileys with beer

Date: November 29, 2022 05:19

So apparently, Metallica has all sorts of plans lined up for their fans:

In addition to the standard 2-day tickets available, each weekend offers a variety of Enhanced Experiences, ranging from access to a meet and greet, production and stage tour, food and beverage in the “Black Box” lounge to early entry into the venue and the Snake Pit. The very popular “Black Laminate” is back, now known as the “I Disappear Ticket,” and is the ultimate pass for the fan who wants to run away with us for multiple weekends. Grab one of these and attend every show on your continent or in the world!

Date: November 29, 2022 05:26

That is an interesting concept.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 29, 2022 06:54

crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13

How by tickets going on sale is that putting people in debt? That's completely baseless.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 29, 2022 13:53

VoodooLounge13
Looks like Metallica’s newly announced world tour is going to have the on demand pricing too. Hoping to get tickets but man with the type of tour they’re doing and the newly reunited Pantera in tow as one of Night One’s opening act I expect these tix to go fast and the prices to be insane!!! Metallica is playing two nights everywhere they stop with one set of opening acts on night one and a different set on night two!!!! I’ve never heard of such a thing! And they’re promising different setlists from night to night. Your ticket will be for both nights.

U2 promised such a thing for their Inoccence and Experience tour but (they promised something like a totally different feel from Night 1 to Night 2) but that didn't work out properly and they only changed very few songs. I know of a German band who did something like this at their own festival.

I am really looking forward to these shows. I try to catch tickets for Munich!

Date: November 29, 2022 13:54

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13

How by tickets going on sale is that putting people in debt? That's completely baseless.

Maybe I misworded it. There is so much financial pressure on families this time of year. Eveyone has their hands out. I mean, what does paying for my income tax filing now have anything to do with Christmas. Just one example. This year is especially tough with necessities costing much more. Stuff like food, energy, the basics. I'm told by English friends that power for heat has gone up a ton in the last year & a lot of families are going to be cold this winter. The Metallica show here isn't until Labor Day. There's no reason those shows need to go on sale almost a year ahead of time. I'm told by another friend that good seats for the 2 shows are going to be in the neighborhood of $800. That's a lot of money. If I were to go my requirements are less & I'd do lesser seats but it's still expensive. I'm on a fixed income & would rather spend money on Xmas presents for my little kid friends. I'm a good uncle or try to be. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-29 13:55 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 29, 2022 17:14

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
VoodooLounge13

Maybe I misworded it. There is so much financial pressure on families this time of year. Eveyone has their hands out. I mean, what does paying for my income tax filing now have anything to do with Christmas. Just one example. This year is especially tough with necessities costing much more. Stuff like food, energy, the basics. I'm told by English friends that power for heat has gone up a ton in the last year & a lot of families are going to be cold this winter. The Metallica show here isn't until Labor Day. There's no reason those shows need to go on sale almost a year ahead of time. I'm told by another friend that good seats for the 2 shows are going to be in the neighborhood of $800. That's a lot of money. If I were to go my requirements are less & I'd do lesser seats but it's still expensive. I'm on a fixed income & would rather spend money on Xmas presents for my little kid friends. I'm a good uncle or try to be. smiling smiley

I knew what ya meant, crholmstrom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-29 17:15 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: November 29, 2022 17:16

hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13

U2 promised such a thing for their Inoccence and Experience tour but (they promised something like a totally different feel from Night 1 to Night 2) but that didn't work out properly and they only changed very few songs. I know of a German band who did something like this at their own festival.

According to the last email I received Metallica is promising no repeats in the set list!!! Now THAT is impressive!!!

Date: November 29, 2022 17:54

VoodooLounge13
hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13

According to the last email I received Metallica is promising no repeats in the set list!!! Now THAT is impressive!!!

I do give Metallica props for doing something very different. I've seen them so much over the years starting with the Ride the Lightning tour that I don't feel bad about passing on this one. The stadium shows are getting very difficult for me to go to from a physical & money standpoint. I'd be far more tempted by an arena show. They've done innovative stuff in that forum, too. Sorry to wander off Ticketmaster topic.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home