Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ten years since annual shows began in Paris/London/NYC
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 16, 2022 17:03

Was thinking about how the 2012 shows were somehow a decade ago. Not sure how that's possible! Pretty cool that we've had live activity every year since. I don't think many people expected everything to be rolling (abliet, sadly, without Charlie) into 2023. The 2012-2013 shows were, to me, really a step above in terms of performance, set list, venue, show length, etc. It would be nice to see arenas again. IN 2032, perhaps we'll see Mick and Keith finally doing blues numbers on stools, ha.

Re: ten years since annual shows began in Paris/London/NYC
Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 16, 2022 17:46

Yes, it's ten years ago now. How lucky we Stones fans are! A decade with many tours and shows. I saw them 2014 in Berlin, 2017 in Hamburg, 2018 in Berlin and 2022 in Munich. And I enjoyed all of them a lot!
In 1982 I saw them for the first time. 26 shows since then an I'm so glad, they still hit the road. The memories are inside of me, like memories of great trips, I made.
And of course it's getting more and more spectacular. When I saw them in 1982, I never would have thaught, they keep rolling up to 2022.
For me it's 40 years of joy with the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 17:47 by micha063.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 16, 2022 20:26

Yea so thought at the time 2012 would be last tour. I’m very happy to know they will tour next year. I seen them 19 times now , next year another 3 hopefully. Like their shows very much and meeting people from all over globe.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 17, 2022 00:27

it was the first time since i became a fan that they toured

and boy did they not disappoint!grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 17, 2022 01:59

Send It To me
Was thinking about how the 2012 shows were somehow a decade ago. Not sure how that's possible! Pretty cool that we've had live activity every year since. I don't think many people expected everything to be rolling (abliet, sadly, without Charlie) into 2023. The 2012-2013 shows were, to me, really a step above in terms of performance, set list, venue, show length, etc. It would be nice to see arenas again. IN 2032, perhaps we'll see Mick and Keith finally doing blues numbers on stools, ha.

Not in 2020 for obvious reasons!

Its staggering that those shows were a decade ago. They were just young kids with a dream back then

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 17, 2022 02:45

Those were great times! And there's more to come, hopefully.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 17, 2022 03:10

Gazza
Send It To me

Its staggering that those shows were a decade ago. They were just young kids with a dream back then

History repeats itself…

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 17, 2022 05:25

Everything since then has been bonus material, really. Somebody pinch me!

Date: November 17, 2022 09:18

I'm a relative new Stones fan in the sense that I just was too young to see them a lot. In the ABB tour I was 20 years and saw them 5 times. So glad I got to see them 15 times after that. The last three shows I saw where Brussels, Paris and Berlin in 2022... Thinking about those every day and they make me so happy. 2022 was my best Stones year ever.

Date: November 17, 2022 12:20

Gazza
Send It To me

Does this one count? winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 12:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 17, 2022 13:08

DandelionPowderman

Does this one count? winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

I think that was Charlie’s last appearance so, yeah, it counts!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 17, 2022 13:38

RisingStone
Gazza
Send It To me

History repeats itself…

[iorr.org]

history repeats itself – that's what Hegel said. Marx added: 'He forgot to add: the first time as a tragedy, the second time as a farce'…

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 14:12

I remember the excitement I felt seeing Taylor on stage atO2with them again after all those years

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 17, 2022 14:50

If 1962-1986 was the first half and 1989-2007 was the second half. Since 2012 it's been one big encore!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 17, 2022 15:01

Yes, I remember Mick was performing in the White House in 2011 with Jeff Beck. People here were saying: oh man he's almost 70, he's out of breath after one song, no way the Stones will ever perform an entire concert again! And here we are 10 years of touring later waiting for the next tour announcement!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: November 17, 2022 15:31

I remember my first concert in Antwerp (Belgium)1973 as good as my last concert Brussels 2022.I'm age 72.
Greets to all of you,

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 17, 2022 15:57

Send It To me

I think their philosophy in recent years, borne out by Charlie's sad passing, is
let's get on with doing it whilst we can ... because we don't know when time will be called on us all .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2022 16:08

Spud
Send It To me

I think their philosophy in recent years, borne out by Charlie's sad passing, is
let's get on with doing it whilst we can ... because we don't know when time will be called on us all .

I feel pretty fortunate to have latched onto this band in 1980, arguably already 'post' their prime at least in terms of new recordings. What would have become of me if I'd picked someone like Billy Squire. I shudder to think!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 17, 2022 17:12

The last great tour announcement...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 18:19

I also liked the local choirs joining the Stones on stage for You Can’t Always Get What You Want. I think they should have continued that on the recent shows

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 17, 2022 18:28

It's been a wonderful 10 years, except for the obvious...losing Charlie, covid.

Date: November 17, 2022 19:38

rogerriffin
The last great tour announcement...

Fun to watch. They look so young at 69 lol.

Date: November 17, 2022 19:39

franzk
If 1962-1986 was the first half and 1989-2007 was the second half. Since 2012 it's been one big encore!

Well put!

Date: November 17, 2022 19:39

NilsHolgersson
Yes, I remember Mick was performing in the White House in 2011 with Jeff Beck. People here were saying: oh man he's almost 70, he's out of breath after one song, no way the Stones will ever perform an entire concert again! And here we are 10 years of touring later waiting for the next tour announcement!

I thought that too! So glad to be wrong!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:52

After the first 50th Anniversary concert in the O2 Arena ten years ago, I said to my son, who had joined me, "your dad is a perfectly happy man. A great 50 years celebrated together with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman (and a couple other guests off course). What more do I want. Everything that happens from now on with the Stones is for me a bonus". Making it to even 60 years! No way!
Well, up to 2019 every year the Stones gave me (and all of you!) bonusses!
2013 Hyde Park, 2014 Abu Dhabi, Pink Pop (NL), Düsseldorf (G), Stockholm (SW), 2015 Raleigh SD, 2016 Buenos Aires (Arg) and Havana (Cuba), 2017 Amsterdam and Arnhem (NL), 2018 London (Twickenham). When corona hit the globe, I thought it would be over and out for the Stones and me, but ... no way. 2022 Liverpool, Hyde Park (once more), Amsterdam and ... Berlin!
Off course losing Charlie on the way was very, very sad, but I felt his spirit was with us in 2022. and that's what counts cool smiley
More bonusses? Why not? Time still appears to be on our side winking smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2022 06:02

I remember at 50 years thinking they'd probably do short tours for a few years, easier to manage and insure and all of that. But I couldn't fathom them going past 2020.

And when I saw them in 2019, in Seattle...a fantastic show. And it felt like, yeah, that's it. This is probably the last time I'll ever see them. A little sad but it felt right.

I can't believe we're where we are now, new tour, new album? Come on!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2022 07:07

I feel that Charlie's passing permanently sealed the last stage of the original Stones. I'm glad for people that still enjoy seeing them, but the rhythm was damaged when Bill left, and Charlie's death destroyed it. They had true chemistry almost from the beginning. Brian ignited it, and then quickly faded in prominence. Mick Taylor took them to whole new heights, especially live. Ron Wood re-energized them as Bill's playing took off.

It's been a slow leveling off ever since. It's been nostalgia since they were crowned the Greatest Rock Band Ever in 1989. (Not the greatest Pop Band, we know who that was.) The magical sidemen have all gone. No Nicky, Stu, Bobby, or Billy, all replaced by able yeoman.

They are amazing, the three left. That they can still attract such large audiences, at exorbitant prices, is a testament to a legend they built long ago. I wish I could be here in a hundred years when they look back at the 60s British Invasion like an art movement, akin to the Impressionist paintings.

I have no desire to see them again, to hear the same old songs with little variation, and maybe a token rarity. But I'm glad other people can if they want. El Mocambo has made me very happy this year. I hope there is still some golden fruit from the past to be picked. It truly was an amazing time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home