Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Keith Levene
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 13, 2022 07:18

He was the post-punk guitarist.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: OT: RIP Keith Levene
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:54

Another great one has passed on. RIP Keith.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:56

RIP. He was a very influential guitart player. Far too young.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: November 15, 2022 14:13

I met Keith in Prague a few times he was working on a Few Music projects with a friend....A gent had some great conversation with him about early days The Clash and PIL....This was 2014/15 I introduced him to Slivovitz/Pium Brandy he liked ... Last time I saw him I said I will be back in 30 minutes...I came back with a dozen books about The Clash he laughed and signed them all.... Hoping to see him again alas it's not to be.Peace.M

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: November 15, 2022 14:29

Just to add to it abit... Keith saying how London music scene just Exploded in 1976/77 every night was something else!I read that his book about PIL was finished so hope to get that in the near future.... Going for a walk no work today and have a Few Slivovitz in his Honor..To cheer myself up I will go to the Lucky Dips Thread and write about how it went this past Summer.Peace.M

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2022 15:27

mikey C
Just to add to it abit... Keith saying how London music scene just Exploded in 1976/77 every night was something else!I read that his book about PIL was finished so hope to get that in the near future.... Going for a walk no work today and have a Few Slivovitz in his Honor..To cheer myself up I will go to the Lucky Dips Thread and write about how it went this past Summer.Peace.M

Hope to read that book. The early days of PIL had to be wild. Interesting note: John Frusciante (RHCP) always says that Keith is his favorite guitar player.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 15, 2022 22:31

A long, insightful Keith Levene interview [taken in 2001]:

[www.furious.com]

He hatched many projects over the years since he had left PiL in 1983. To be honest, some of these were too idealistic and idiosyncratic to materialize. After all, none came to fruition. A huge talent wasted by years of drug use. Sad.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 16, 2022 05:39

RIP. Talented guy

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 16, 2022 09:49

Hello,

Was quite shocked to hear about Keith's passing last Friday. Fond memories of seeing the two 'Metal Box In Dub' shows that he played with Wobble back in 2012, and Keith was generous with his time when I collared him afterwards outside the Manchester venue.

I bent his ear for a good five minutes and told him how much we enjoyed his playing: he was genuinely pleased and said to bring that praise right on, hah-hah! He was wearing a Beatles tee at those shows...

This is worth a watch: a wonderful, honest and warm tribute to his old bandmate from John...

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers,

Simon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home