Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223
Current Page: 23 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 17, 2023 12:00

How is the quality of the BluRay version? We've had a lot of these 'SD' BR discs, with pretty awfull video quality. Low resolution and in letterbox format. But since all these shows were filmed in poor quality, it was pretty obvious. But this one is recent and was recorded for live broadcasting. This must me like 1080p and fullscreen or 16:9 right?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2023 12:10

ribbelchips

This must me like 1080p and fullscreen or 16:9 right?

GRRR Live! on BluRay is 1080p and 16:9. The picture quality of the BluRay is very good.

On [www.Amazon.com] there's a Trailer (at the play button) where you can get an impression of the picture quality. On BR it's even better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-17 12:25 by Irix.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 17, 2023 15:36

Ah good to hear. Thanks!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 17, 2023 17:42

Ribbel - quality on both sound and picture wise on the BR is brilliant IMO. The only small quibble I have is Ronnie seems a bit buried in the mix. As an example during Going Down, both Mayer and GC Jr. just jump out of the speakers. Ronnie - not so much. Other than that, crystal clear.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 17, 2023 19:36

wiredallnight
exilestones
The show, which took place in December 2012 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was originally broadcast as the pay-per-view event The Rolling Stones: One More Shot.

It has now been re-mixed and re-edited for a new release, which will be released as a triple-album vinyl and a double-album CD. ‘GRRR Live!’ will also be released on DVD and Blu-Ray.

In a statement shared to social media, ‘GRRR Live!’ was described as “the definitive concert film, recorded on one of the most memorable shows in the band’s history”.

Its release in February will mark the band’s second archival live album in as many years; this past May saw the band release ‘El Mocambo 1977’, marking the first official release of a secret show that the Stones played at Toronto’s El Mocambo club.

Elsewhere, Dua Lipa and The Rolling Stones‘ Mick Jagger have seemingly been in the studio together. Lipa is currently working on her third album, the follow-up to her 2020 smash ‘Future Nostalgia’.

In a new Instagram post, Dua shared photos of herself and Jagger sat together in a studio, with one photo featuring polaroids of the two and a Rolling Stones-branded plectrum.

Dua captioned the post “sweeeet weeeek,” but it’s not clear whether the pair were working on new Dua Lipa music, new Mick Jagger music, something else entirely or just bumping into one another by chance.

The British singer is currently recording her third studio album, which is the follow-up to 2020's Future Nostalgia. Jagger, meanwhile, is working with the Rolling Stones on their first album of original music since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Hmmm, there is absolutely nothing new in this post...confused smiley

Hmmmm, there is absolutely nothing new in your comment.

Why bother posting the comment?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 19, 2023 19:47

Is it my ears - or is Bobby Keys a tad out of tune on Brown Sugar (and Mick a tad out of key on a few songs)?

Anyway, quite an enjoyable show to watch. Very strong guests...

Date: April 8, 2023 01:40

Japanese BluRay+2SHM-CDs now also available at [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 14, 2023 11:41

I got this bluray for my birthday this week, wow, the picture quality is incredible, love it.
At the time I was amazed by how old they were and could still perform like this, looking back at it now, they were "only" in their 60s.. young studs. Mick would father a child 4 years later.
The bit with Mick holding a smartphone has aged badly though.. they were still pretty new and cool back in 2012 but now they're everybody's ordinary phones.
Now all I wish for is a SIXTY bluray release to complete the circle.. would that ever happen.. a Stones product for sale without Charlie on it?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 14, 2023 13:01

NilsHolgersson
I got this bluray for my birthday this week, wow, the picture quality is incredible, love it.
At the time I was amazed by how old they were and could still perform like this, looking back at it now, they were "only" in their 60s.. young studs. Mick would father a child 4 years later.
The bit with Mick holding a smartphone has aged badly though.. they were still pretty new and cool back in 2012 but now they're everybody's ordinary phones.
Now all I wish for is a SIXTY bluray release to complete the circle.. would that ever happen.. a Stones product for sale without Charlie on it?

In their 60s yes, but in their late 60s and Charlie was 70 by then smiling smiley Ronnie? He was still a juvenile smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 00:05

[www.bravado.de]

3 Vinyl version now for 26€ on Bravado Germany

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 06:33

Shipping is 37 Euros though to the US...........

Thanks for the alert though, hockenheim95

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 12, 2023 10:41

VoodooLounge13
Shipping is 37 Euros though to the US...........

Thanks for the alert though, hockenheim95
Bravado is a good shop but for Germany only. Their S&H are ridiculous for a part of EU. A CD (or CD single) + 15.95€ shipping to my woods, pleeeeeesssssse.... Even amazon is more reasonable winking smiley.

Date: December 12, 2023 10:50

ironbelly

Their S&H are ridiculous for a part of EU.

Shipping costs - [www.Bravado.de] .

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 12, 2023 17:48

Irix
ribbelchips

This must me like 1080p and fullscreen or 16:9 right?

GRRR Live! on BluRay is 1080p and 16:9. The picture quality of the BluRay is very good.

On [www.Amazon.com] there's a Trailer (at the play button) where you can get an impression of the picture quality. On BR it's even better.

This release would be the greatest 50th anniversary tribute but has 2 bad points, they deleted the Interviews intro and Grrregory cameo before the encores...

quality in audio and video are superb in bluray indeed.-

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2023 06:48

Papo
Is it my ears - or is Bobby Keys a tad out of tune on Brown Sugar (and Mick a tad out of key on a few songs)?

Anyway, quite an enjoyable show to watch. Very strong guests...

It's the album title making everything out of key or whatever.

"Very strong guests" vs strong guests? Or guests?

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: December 30, 2023 13:53

31dez2023 German TV 3Sat 21:30-23:30 Grrr Live!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: December 30, 2023 14:00

And also on Dutch tv on New Year’s Day: NPO 3 prime time from 20.25h til 22.55h

Date: December 30, 2023 14:25

Broesel2404

It's already online in the Mediathek - HD-Video - geoblocked DE/AT/CH.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 30, 2023 14:47

Irix
Broesel2404

It's already online in the Mediathek - HD-Video - geoblocked DE/AT/CH.

Bob Dylan's Shadow Kingdom is also show on 3sat on Dec 31. – at 6:15 a.m.(!) But it also available in 3st Mediathek

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223
Current Page: 23 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home