Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 23, 2023 19:40

Yes, the Bluray sounds very nice. And it really is uncompressed too. The wav files are not even close to the top, means no loss of fidelity.thumbs up

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:28

georgelicks
The live album debuts at #193 with around 8,000 units.

No. 7 in physical sales:

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:45

Interesting how a release of a more recent concert sells so well. Hopefully this encourages them to release more post-2012 concerts.

Springsteen - TD
Posted by: MeanDispo ()
Date: February 26, 2023 06:22

Hey everyone! Sorry I don't post more often...

First off - I am a huge Stones fan AND a huge Springsteen fan...

HOWEVER...

IMO - Tumbling Dice was a TERRIBLE choice for Bruce's guest spot in 2012.

TD is simply NOT a song that serves well as a duet. Did not showcase Bruce well vocally and certainly not at all on guitar.

Street Fighting Man (which Bruce has covered live) would have been an excellent choice, IMO.

Your thoughts?

MeanDispo

Re: Springsteen - TD
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2023 07:04

Well, at least he should have learned the lyrics. He was on that teleprompter all the time.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 26, 2023 08:43

I would also have chosen TD as it is arguably the boys' best tune. Helluva song!
The Boss was probably nervous and forgot the lyrics.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2023 19:47

StonedRambler
Interesting how a release of a more recent concert sells so well. Hopefully this encourages them to release more post-2012 concerts.

It sold a bit on the physical sales side, as all legacy artists do a bit better on, but not enough for them to get excited about. And it entered the actual charts at #193.

Not to p*ss on anyone's breakfast but I'd take the opposite POV which is why are they bothering? Great for diehard fans that want it but doesn't seem to be any real demand in the market for these more recent live releases (and El Mocambo of course isn't by any stretch recent).

I think the new studio album will enter at number one, unless it gets some stiff competition from a more recent artist. Can't even remember the name of the artist that kept ABB from being number 1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 26, 2023 22:02

MeanDispo

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that it's the other way around - Bruce was a terrible choice for a guest spot on Tumbling Dice.
Just as Dave Matthews was a terrible choice for a guest spot on Memory Motel...and Wild Horses...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 27, 2023 11:45

treaclefingers

It sold a bit on the physical sales side, as all legacy artists do a bit better on, but not enough for them to get excited about. And it entered the actual charts at #193.

In Germany it entered the general Top-100 album charts at #3 and was still #33 after three weeks as well as #48 after five weeks:

[www.OffizielleCharts.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-18 16:10 by Irix.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 27, 2023 12:33

This release charting says more about the charts and the sales of physical albums than it says anything about the release itself..

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 27, 2023 13:09

treaclefingers
StonedRambler

Not to p*ss on anyone's breakfast but I'd take the opposite POV which is why are they bothering? Great for diehard fans that want it but doesn't seem to be any real demand in the market for these more recent live releases (and El Mocambo of course isn't by any stretch recent).

I think the new studio album will enter at number one, unless it gets some stiff competition from a more recent artist. Can't even remember the name of the artist that kept ABB from being number 1.

James Blunt

In all fairness, the Stones were #2 to probably the biggest-selling artist of 2005. In fact, I'm sure A Bigger Bang only missed out by a few copies on the U.K. Album Chart . It was very, very close. Back to Bedlam must've been nearing the end of it's run at #1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-27 13:13 by Big Al.

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: February 27, 2023 14:22

I thought Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor was nice to watch/hear. I wonder why they had him only play sometimes up to 2 songs only on some nights? Being a great guitarist and waiting to play is painful and knowing you can rip it up, but 1 or 2 songs is better that zero !?!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 27, 2023 14:49

sotob
I thought Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor was nice to watch/hear. I wonder why they had him only play sometimes up to 2 songs only on some nights? Being a great guitarist and waiting to play is painful and knowing you can rip it up, but 1 or 2 songs is better that zero !?!

Because Ronnie is the second guitarist in the Stones. Most songs don't have room for three guitars.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 27, 2023 21:35

Did somebody post that the pre-concert mini-film with fans and celebs talking about the Stones was included on the DVD? I’d be very grateful if this could be confirmed or denied. Thanks in anticipation.

Date: February 27, 2023 21:55

Harlem Shuffler

Did somebody post that the pre-concert mini-film with fans and celebs talking about the Stones was included on the DVD?

It was posted in the Hot Stuff section - [iorr.org] . But the mini-film with the fan-interviews is not part of the official 2023 GRRR Live! release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-27 22:10 by Irix.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 27, 2023 23:11

sotob

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too, a few screw-ups but made it feel authentic.

I got to see one of the rare shows with 3 songs with Taylor, Midnight Rambler, Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Satisfaction.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 27, 2023 23:53

Any song is a terrible choice for Bruce, including his own.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 28, 2023 09:44

Irix
Harlem Shuffler

Did somebody post that the pre-concert mini-film with fans and celebs talking about the Stones was included on the DVD?

It was posted in the Hot Stuff section - [iorr.org] . But the mini-film with the fan-interviews is not part of the official 2023 GRRR Live! release.

Thanks. Irix. I was in the film and would have bought the DVD if it had been included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-28 09:47 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 28, 2023 09:49

LeonidP

Any song is a terrible choice for Bruce, including his own.

Why bashing an artist? You can also say it’s not my cup of tea if you don’t like an artist/band or the performance.

Date: February 28, 2023 11:06

I thought Bruce did all right, and that TD was a good choice musically.

However, his "guitar solo" wasn't really up to par, imo.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 1, 2023 02:52

Irix
Harlem Shuffler

Vanity pertaining, I posted a clip of the intro video a page or two back.

\m/

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2023 04:05

Monkeytonkman

Vanity pertaining, I posted a clip of the intro video a page or two back.

\m/

Great stuff Gaz!! smileys with beer

Posted by: opj ()
Date: March 1, 2023 08:31

Lady Gagarin was terrible, good They had Lisa`s version of GImmie Shelter as a bonus track.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 1, 2023 17:42

The show, which took place in December 2012 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was originally broadcast as the pay-per-view event The Rolling Stones: One More Shot.

It has now been re-mixed and re-edited for a new release, which will be released as a triple-album vinyl and a double-album CD. ‘GRRR Live!’ will also be released on DVD and Blu-Ray.

In a statement shared to social media, ‘GRRR Live!’ was described as “the definitive concert film, recorded on one of the most memorable shows in the band’s history”.

Its release in February will mark the band’s second archival live album in as many years; this past May saw the band release ‘El Mocambo 1977’, marking the first official release of a secret show that the Stones played at Toronto’s El Mocambo club.

Elsewhere, Dua Lipa and The Rolling Stones‘ Mick Jagger have seemingly been in the studio together. Lipa is currently working on her third album, the follow-up to her 2020 smash ‘Future Nostalgia’.

In a new Instagram post, Dua shared photos of herself and Jagger sat together in a studio, with one photo featuring polaroids of the two and a Rolling Stones-branded plectrum.

Dua captioned the post “sweeeet weeeek,” but it’s not clear whether the pair were working on new Dua Lipa music, new Mick Jagger music, something else entirely or just bumping into one another by chance.

The British singer is currently recording her third studio album, which is the follow-up to 2020's Future Nostalgia. Jagger, meanwhile, is working with the Rolling Stones on their first album of original music since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Date: March 1, 2023 17:50

exilestones

Elsewhere, Dua Lipa and The Rolling Stones‘ Mick Jagger have seemingly been in the studio together. Lipa is currently working on her third album, the follow-up to her 2020 smash ‘Future Nostalgia’.

The pictures with Mick in the studio plus the RS-branded plectrum were already posted on 26-Nov-2022 - [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 1, 2023 18:10

exilestones
The show, which took place in December 2012 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was originally broadcast as the pay-per-view event The Rolling Stones: One More Shot.

It has now been re-mixed and re-edited for a new release, which will be released as a triple-album vinyl and a double-album CD. ‘GRRR Live!’ will also be released on DVD and Blu-Ray.

In a statement shared to social media, ‘GRRR Live!’ was described as “the definitive concert film, recorded on one of the most memorable shows in the band’s history”.

Its release in February will mark the band’s second archival live album in as many years; this past May saw the band release ‘El Mocambo 1977’, marking the first official release of a secret show that the Stones played at Toronto’s El Mocambo club.

In a new Instagram post, Dua shared photos of herself and Jagger sat together in a studio, with one photo featuring polaroids of the two and a Rolling Stones-branded plectrum.

Dua captioned the post “sweeeet weeeek,” but it’s not clear whether the pair were working on new Dua Lipa music, new Mick Jagger music, something else entirely or just bumping into one another by chance.

The British singer is currently recording her third studio album, which is the follow-up to 2020's Future Nostalgia. Jagger, meanwhile, is working with the Rolling Stones on their first album of original music since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Hmmm, there is absolutely nothing new in this post...confused smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 1, 2023 18:13

The select quotes posted above re: GRRR Live! and Dua Lipa are from an NME article published in December.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 1, 2023 18:58

One can never have too many photos of Dua........

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 2, 2023 22:18

I listened to the album, I think it sounds great. I want to hear both guitars which in lots of the live releases in past 20-some years are buried in the mix. They are a guitar band, the guitars should be like they were on GYYYO or LYL. Can't understand the complainers. So sick of turned up bass and drums and low guitars. The Wiltern show is a real treat to hear too.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 17, 2023 03:57

Want to give credit where it’s due. I wrote earlier that the RS store sent me the DVD combo instead of the BR I purchased. I contacted them and they pretty promptly sent me a return label. As my initial order arrived a week or so after it’s release date, I was hesitant to even bother making the exchange. I mean the DVD looked and sounded fine - but heck, I paid for the BR.
Bottom line - I did send it back, and today (about 2 weeks later) got the BluRay which I am again enjoying (I was at the show). I do notice (I think) a slightly better/sharper picture with the BluRay. But the communication from the store was quite good and I’m happy again - point being, while dealing with these online services can be frustrating (and yeah, they did screw up on the original order) I was pretty pleased with their responsiveness.
PS - In the ‘Don’t hate him because the women love him category’ - John Mayer can wail pretty good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-17 04:11 by DEmerson.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home