Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2023 20:01

slewan
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
I still need to buy the super deluxe GRRR boxset. Couldn't bring myself to buy it when it came out due to the atrocious cover and price. Was waiting for it drop, and it went outta print faster than the price dropped!!!
Strange. I believe it was only 40€ during pre-order at amazon.de I bought it for a present at this price. For obvious reasons was not able justify even that price for personal purchase winking smiley.

most likely one of those (in)famous wrong price tags at amazon… I pre-ordered the Sticky Fingers super deluxe box for just £ 10.99

Me too, on both the GRRR Superdeluxe and SF Superdeluxe. I only wish I had bought a couple of copies...didn't realize how massive the sets were, clearly a misprice.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2023 20:01

Glad to know that GRRREGORY hasn't been fully erased from the bands history...yet anyways...and happy to know some here are actually fans of his!.
The only merch I bought with him on it was a couple of cheap plastic keychains when they went on clearance sale on Rollingstones.com for less than $5.00.
I also bought the massive 5 cd deluxe set when it went on clearance on Amazon...I think I paid apprx. $40 give or take a couple of years after it was released.
Nice deal for 5 cds, some postcards, a poster, a hardcover book, 7" vinyl single, and of course the large box cover featuring GRRREGORY himself.

Anyhow, just a matter of time before this new LIVE GRRRR release hits the clearance and bargain bins...I could see myself buying it at 90% off the current price...

Date: February 3, 2023 20:04

VoodooLounge13
I know a lil off-topic for this thread, but sticking with the GRRR GH release, does anyone's Super Deluxe boxset have an asterisk before their number? Wondering if that's something that is legit or not....

YUP, asterix followed by a 5 digit number, for me starting with 0.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 3, 2023 20:18

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
I know a lil off-topic for this thread, but sticking with the GRRR GH release, does anyone's Super Deluxe boxset have an asterisk before their number? Wondering if that's something that is legit or not....

YUP, asterix followed by a 5 digit number, for me starting with 0.

Thanks! Seems like the low numbers that start with a 0 must have that asterisk to delineate the low #. Kinda makes sense.

Date: February 3, 2023 20:21

Hairball
Glad to know that GRRREGORY hasn't been fully erased from the bands history...yet anyways...and happy to know some here are actually fans of his!.
The only merch I bought with him on it was a couple of cheap plastic keychains when they went on clearance sale on Rollingstones.com for less than $5.00.
I also bought the massive 5 cd deluxe set when it went on clearance on Amazon...I think I paid apprx. $40 give or take a couple of years after it was released.
Nice deal for 5 cds, some postcards, a poster, a hardcover book, 7" vinyl single, and of course the large box cover featuring GRRREGORY himself.

Anyhow, just a matter of time before this new LIVE GRRRR release hits the clearance and bargain bins...I could see myself buying it at 90% off the current price...

90% of this current price?:

[www.amazon.com]

I nearly fell off my chair. I thought it was overpriced at $109 when I bought it oh so many years ago. Damn!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-03 21:16 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 3, 2023 20:30

Thats a link to the vinyl addition of GRRR. Here is the 5 cd set listed at bargain price of $53.70, yet now unavailable, GRRRR 5 cd
And I was referring to the new LIVE GRRR cd set dropping to 90% off similar to the 5 cd deluxe GRRR dropping to apprx. $40...
and similar to the massive Brussels box going in to the clearance bin before that...and Keith's Talk is Cheap Deluxe hitting the clearance bin, etc., etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-03 20:32 by Hairball.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 3, 2023 20:42

Irix
The Australian streaming event of GRRR Live! (by Kiswe) can now be (re-)watched - follow the Direct Access link in the Ticket confirmation. The Ticket from the European/American event date is still valid.

Back in 2012/2013 you could see the show back online for a whole month. I guess it will be the same now. I still have the logo of the show on my iPad. It’s useless nowadays, but hé its Grrregory of the Stones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 3, 2023 21:19

Hairball
Thats a link to the vinyl addition of GRRR. Here is the 5 cd set listed at bargain price of $53.70, yet now unavailable, GRRRR 5 cd
And I was referring to the new LIVE GRRR cd set dropping to 90% off similar to the 5 cd deluxe GRRR dropping to apprx. $40...
and similar to the massive Brussels box going in to the clearance bin before that...and Keith's Talk is Cheap Deluxe hitting the clearance bin, etc., etc.

Yeah I know. I was purposely conflating the two...I managed to get both when they first came out. I think these live releases invariably collapse in price a few months to a year after...also some of these album specific box sets. I bought Tattoo You Superdeluxe for $40 Canadian and the 5 album version fo $50, all in, taxes and delivery.

That one started out at $250. Ridiculous.

The only thing I haven't seen come down near enough is that coloured vinyl El Mocambo. Still waiting.

Date: February 3, 2023 22:17

I haven’t seen the Talk Is Cheap Deluxe hit bargain prices yet. Palladium’s gotten to the $70’s but haven’t seen Talk. And Brussels I never realized was ever bargain binned!!! That was a magnificent looking set!!

Date: February 3, 2023 22:22

treaclefingers
Hairball

Yeah I know. I was purposely conflating the two...I managed to get both when they first came out. I think these live releases invariably collapse in price a few months to a year after...also some of these album specific box sets. I bought Tattoo You Superdeluxe for $40 Canadian and the 5 album version fo $50, all in, taxes and delivery.

The only thing I haven't seen come down near enough is that coloured vinyl El Mocambo. Still waiting.

I just don't see El Mo coming down in price. Got mine for around $115, delivered, and I thought that was a fantastic price!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 3, 2023 22:45

Christiaan

Back in 2012/2013 you could see the show back online for a whole month.

This time, re-watching is only possible until 5-Feb-2023 (midnight, Californian time) - [iorr.org] , [RollingStonesNewark.com] .

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 3, 2023 23:27

Irix
Christiaan

This time, re-watching is only possible until 5-Feb-2023 (midnight, Californian time) - [iorr.org] , [RollingStonesNewark.com] .
Funny thing is - you could watch it on Youtube for 10 years.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 4, 2023 07:03

StonedRambler
Irix
Christiaan

or forever if you downloaded it off youtube like mewinking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 4, 2023 07:08

VoodooLounge13
I haven’t seen the Talk Is Cheap Deluxe hit bargain prices yet. Palladium’s gotten to the $70’s but haven’t seen Talk. And Brussels I never realized was ever bargain binned!!! That was a magnificent looking set!!

There was a time when you could get Talk is Cheap Deluxe on Amazon for like 40 bucks.

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-04 07:10 by Topi.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 4, 2023 16:24

VoodooLounge13
DEmerson
VoodooLounge13
I still need to buy the super deluxe GRRR boxset. Couldn't bring myself to buy it when it came out due to the atrocious cover and price. Was waiting for it drop, and it went outta print faster than the price dropped!!!

Voodoo - are you talking about the CD greatest hits set with the 45 etc. in the big box? I have one that I could sell you. My email is dpemerson531@gmail.com if you'd like to 'chat'.

DEmerson, I'm referencing the 5-CD version with the 7" vinyl and large book. The massive edition that was released. I have the 2- and 3-CD versions, but I never got around to the Super Deluxe. It came out not long after my first Divorce was commenced and between that, the cost and the cover, it was not a high priority for me, and I'd figured - like the other sets - it would come down in price overtime. Instead it seemed to go out of print rather quickly.

Is that the one you have as well?

Yes - I have the 5 CD super deluxe box with hard cover boon in the long box etc. Numbered. - David

Date: February 5, 2023 20:50

VoodooLounge13

I bought it about 2 years ago for $45 US on amazon.com. Great deal. I got the Palladium for about the same price last year I think?

Date: February 5, 2023 20:53

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
Hairball

I just don't see El Mo coming down in price. Got mine for around $115, delivered, and I thought that was a fantastic price!!!

I got the black vinyl album for about $75US delivered at Christmas. That neon one, best price was $145 canadian, which I suppose is about the $115 you got it at. I couldn't do it!

Date: February 5, 2023 21:03

I found the original 'Brussels Box (unsigned) $150!!' thread started by drbryant back in December 2015:

Brussels BOX $150

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 5, 2023 23:32

ProfessorWolf
StonedRambler
Irix
Christiaan

or forever if you downloaded it off youtube like mewinking smiley

Yeah I'm bummed they used Kiswe for this most recent stream, they use Widevine to encrypt their stuff which is more or less impossible for mere mortals to crack. Lots of other bands' streamed gigs over the past few years have been trivial to download a copy of, but not this one (less of a problem here as it'll get a proper release in a couple of weeks, but Queen's most recent London gig has had no release apart from the Kiswe stream, which is a pain, I'd have rather liked to keep that to watch again...).

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2023 00:25

tommycharles

Yeah I'm bummed they used Kiswe for this most recent stream, they use Widevine to encrypt their stuff which is more or less impossible for mere mortals to crack.

Yep, the 2012/2013 stream was easy to download (simply looked up what the browser did) while the encryption of the 2023 Kiswe stream is really a tough nut to crack.

But GRRR Live! is also available as a purchase for the same money on Prime Video, e.g.: [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.de] . Available too on Apple TV-App / iTunes - [iTunes.Apple.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-10 13:40 by Irix.

Date: February 6, 2023 01:16

About 3/4 of the way through this now - it’s a very good gig, I’ve enjoyed it very much. Looks great, sounds good (which I wasn’t sure about from the individual tracks released so far)… I remember enjoying the stream in 2012 and it’s still good now. Mick has certainly helped his voice out a bit after the fact, but no matter, it helps the overall show out I think.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 6, 2023 13:36

I read a lot about super deluxe but how deluxe is it really? there should be bonus material i. e. the two songs from the 12-12-12 MSG appearance.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 6, 2023 14:23

Nikkei
I read a lot about super deluxe but how deluxe is it really? there should be bonus material i. e. the two songs from the 12-12-12 MSG appearance.

There's no Super Deluxe Edition for GRRR Live! The talks you read above is about the GRRR Super Deluxe from 2012!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:06

hockenheim95
Nikkei

There's no Super Deluxe Edition for GRRR Live! The talks you read above is about the GRRR Super Deluxe from 2012!

oh okay so how is that still a thing?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:13

tommycharles
Mick has certainly helped his voice out a bit after the fact, but no matter, it helps the overall show out I think.

You mean some vocals are overdubbed? Or just pitch corrected?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:31

TheBlockbuster
tommycharles
Mick has certainly helped his voice out a bit after the fact, but no matter, it helps the overall show out I think.

i think he means he was a bit out of practice singing onstage after 5 years and he got better over the next decade

maybe

i'm also not super clear what he means

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:40

This show is a quick and easy release. And that makes perfect sense when you understand that their window of opportunity to monetise these shows is shrinking rapidly as their core demographic dies off.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:44

Overdubs on live releases? How dare you! winking smiley

Date: February 6, 2023 16:49

TheBlockbuster
tommycharles

I haven’t A/B’d it with the original version but there were a few spots where Nick hits notes he never normally does live, I think it’s likely that he touched them up for this… obviously I don’t know for sure, but it sounds that way to me. Not that that’s a bad thing.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 6, 2023 16:54

Grrr live Cinema competition in Grrrermany:

competition to see Grrr live in a cinema either in Munich, Hamburg or Trier

and another competition for the showing in Munich

February 9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-06 16:59 by Stoneswolf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home