Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 19, 2022 13:32

I also wonder if this is perhaps a test drive for actual live shows next year as a way to combat periscope and other services, get more people involved in the shows, and make even more money per show…….

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2022 06:46

VoodooLounge13
I also wonder if this is perhaps a test drive for actual live shows next year as a way to combat periscope and other services, get more people involved in the shows, and make even more money per show…….

Interesting perspective.

There's so much difference amongst the Stones (Mick and Keith).

Keith might be hip to ABC through his people but Mick, on his own, is already on to E-Z in regard to... whatever it is or he has been given notice of about.

The Rolling Stones might be rolling right out of relevance in regard to the nowness of whoever it is with apps and whatever sites. It is an age thing yet in much lesser levels it isn't.

I've met old people that are into etc and have met old people that are "When does the CD come out?".

It's Blu-ray.

Oh, OK.

My father-in-law is just now expressing interest in BLUE AND LONESOME on CD (yet at all).

As with anything, Stones albums can take time.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: December 20, 2022 06:56

VoodooLounge13

But let's say they sell their livestream for $20 and 4000 people sign up = $80.000 gross revenue. That's nothing for the Stones.
There's much more money to be made in the long haul by releasing one show at a time on cd/dvd/blu-ray/vinyl/streaming.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2022 07:11

EasterMan
VoodooLounge13

But let's say they sell their livestream for $20 and 4000 people sign up = $80.000 gross revenue. That's nothing for the Stones.
There's much more money to be made in the long haul by releasing one show at a time on cd/dvd/blu-ray/vinyl/streaming.

Ten, fifteen years ago I'd agree with you, EasterMan. The Stones most likely peaked in the post-streaming age with BLUE AND LONESOME as far as hard copies.

Blu-rays etc are lucky to sell over 50,000 it seems. The culture of music consumption has wobbled bigly. Aside from older people that are into streaming, but like the romanticism of having a hard copy via DVD or way better Blu-ray, the Stones (or precisely UMG) will release the new album via every format.

UMG'll still lose money.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 20, 2022 17:17

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 20, 2022 18:23

NilsHolgersson

Looks and sounds great!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 20, 2022 18:44

hot smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 20, 2022 20:36

NilsHolgersson

When I turned Youtube from a tele, they offered me this clip as a first choice. Algorithm knows me very well...

A not that bad version at all, but then I let the algorithm do whatever it wants, and I was offered "Parachute Woman" from R&R CIRCUS, "Tumbling Dice" from LIVE IN TEXAS 78, and "Black Limousine" from LEEDS 82. And whatever I have liked in that GRRR number disappeared. Especially Jagger's live presence is like a pale shadow of what it once was. The context matters for sure, and I try to keep that in mind, but still the reality bites sometimes.

Makes me wonder how many of these 'current' live shows they still will release. They tell the same story about every time (the difference are in nuances), and the dudes are just older and older. Haven't anyone already gotten enough of them already?

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-20 20:39 by Doxa.

Date: December 20, 2022 20:48

I wonder if the focus on the newer releases is so as to not have to worry about scrubbing out Bill as much, since so many complain about that. It IS a weird facet for sure!!! One I've never really understood. As if they're trying to rewrite their own history and how they got to today.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 20, 2022 22:42

I think it's about staying relevant. Or? Anyway, they're still a big deal. Pretty cool all things considered. I'm thinking about the scene in 25X5 where that guy said "they know what to do" in reference about staying power. I believe he was right in hindsight.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: December 21, 2022 00:23

frankotero
I think it's about staying relevant. Or? Anyway, they're still a big deal. Pretty cool all things considered. I'm thinking about the scene in 25X5 where that guy said "they know what to do" in reference about staying power. I believe he was right in hindsight.

5 years hard work, then 20te years hangin around with the stones winking smiley

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: December 21, 2022 00:50

NilsHolgersson

Not my favourite version... Lacks any sense of urgency or drive and Lisa's high pitched singing doesn't help either. ..

Makes me want to go back and watch some older versions more than anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-21 00:51 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 21, 2022 06:39

treaclefingers
exilestones
treaclefingers
I did the PPV thing in 2012, live...it was fab. It was a live concert from my living room. What's not to like.

But 11 years later, restreamed? Are you kidding? I'll probably buy the blu-ray but why in the hell would I pay for a stream of it over a decade later?

I predict that'll be a money loser.

Unless you want immersive and socially engaging experiences to better connect with fans or didn't want to wait to experience the new offering of this Newark 2012 show, you may not want to pay for a stream of the show. There are other people who would want to pay for the stream.

Maybe I'll pay for the stream and have a party as I did for the 1989 pay-per-view. Yeah, that's the ticket, a party!

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I guess I'm saying if this were an 'event', I could be persuaded. I just don't see a previously live show that is now streamed where I can post a video of myself, as an 'event'...particularly if I can just buy the video.

I agree. So, let's have a party!

Date: December 21, 2022 06:41

ProfessorWolf
woweye rolling smiley

whoever came up with this idea should be fired

i actually feel embarrassed for themwinking smiley

Fire Mick? Come on. We need Mick!

Date: December 21, 2022 06:43

Doxa
I think this whole thing with Kiswe live is basically a campaign by Kiswe PR department - to advertise their platform for people not awere of them yet. The Stones with their publicity is a damn good vehicle to reach such audiences (and the band knows how to use their status, as they have done similarly before). It will cost Kiswe some money, since The Stones don't do this just for fun, but it is an investment for the future.

I am one of their target audience, since I didn't know a shit about them or this kind of interactive streaming thing until now.

- Doxa

Excellent points + Mick loves the latest technology. Remember the Rolling Stones app?

Date: December 21, 2022 06:47

[Japan Bonus Track] The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!

[st.cdjapan.co.jp]
Features The Rolling Stones' legendary 2012 concerts in Newark, New Jersey from the 50th anniversary tour.
The Rolling Stones' "GRRR Live!" is out on February 10, 2023. Japanese edition exclusively includes Japan only bonus tracks. Included CD features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.

The BD/DVD editions includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), taken from the December 13th concert.

The CD edition includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") taken from the December 13th concert.

+++++

GRRR Live! Blu-ray + 2SHM-CD with Japan Bonus Track UIXY-15050
7500yen - US$ 54.63
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), both taken from the concert held on December 13. Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
+++++

GRRR Live! [DVD + 2SHM-CD] w/Japan Bonus Tracks UIBY-15137
NTSC 6500yen US$ 47.35
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), both taken from the concert held on December 13. Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD forma
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
+++++

GRRR Live! [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition] Japan Bonus Tracks
UICY-80230 3600yen US $26.22
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") from the concert held on December 13.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 21, 2022 09:48

I am disappointed by the sleepy audience.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 21, 2022 10:49

Doxa
NilsHolgersson

When I turned Youtube from a tele, they offered me this clip as a first choice. Algorithm knows me very well...

A not that bad version at all, but then I let the algorithm do whatever it wants, and I was offered "Parachute Woman" from R&R CIRCUS, "Tumbling Dice" from LIVE IN TEXAS 78, and "Black Limousine" from LEEDS 82. And whatever I have liked in that GRRR number disappeared. Especially Jagger's live presence is like a pale shadow of what it once was. The context matters for sure, and I try to keep that in mind, but still the reality bites sometimes.

Makes me wonder how many of these 'current' live shows they still will release. They tell the same story about every time (the difference are in nuances), and the dudes are just older and older. Haven't anyone already gotten enough of them already?

- Doxa

Agreed. I'm done with buying these recent shows. You've seen one, you've seen them all. Same setlist, same everything.

Date: December 21, 2022 11:33

Same setlist? You sure? winking smiley

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: December 21, 2022 14:53

Are the bonus tracks :
Respectable (with John Mayer)
Around And Around
Gimme Shelter

On both the dvd and bluray?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 21, 2022 15:20

rebelhipi

Yes: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Date: December 21, 2022 15:22

The Rolling Stones have today announced the release of GRRR! Live!, the definitive live hits album from the band's career. Released on February 10 via Mercury Studios, the album will be available in various formats: Blu-ray + 2CD, 3LP black, 3LP coloured white (Indies exclusive) 3LP red (d2c exclusive), and 2CD, DVD + 2CD. The Blu-ray will include Dolby Atmos.

Since its original airing on pay-per-view in 2012, this show has not been available to fans unless you were on the IPRR forum or recorded the show yourself. The concert has been re-edited and the audio has been remixed. Three songs from the December 13 show (also in Newark) will be available as bonus features on the DVD and Blu-ray: Respectable (with John Mayer), Around And Around, and Gimme Shelter.

CD1

[Show spoiler]

Japan Bonus Tracks

11. Tumbling Dice
12. Doom and Gloom
13. The Last Time

Blu-ray:

Bonus Tracks

25. The Last Time (Japan Bonus Track)
26. Respectable (with John Mayer)
27. Around and Around
28. Tumbling Dice (Japan Bonus Track)
29. Gimme Shelter

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1

Audio
Music: Dolby Atmos

Subtitles
Japanese

Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Three-disc set (1 BD, 2 CDs)

Packaging
DigiPack

Playback
2K Blu-ray: Region A (B, C untested)

Date: December 21, 2022 16:13

GRRR Live! - HMV Exclusive White 3LP

[hmv.com]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 21, 2022 16:27

FNAC.fr

GRRR Live ! Édition Limitée Exclusivité Fnac Vinyle Blanc €53,99

[www.fnac.com]

Date: December 21, 2022 17:02

Well, it's not so exclusive if more than one venue is selling it, now is it?! LOL

Date: December 21, 2022 17:04

exilestones
[Japan Bonus Track] The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!

[st.cdjapan.co.jp]
Features The Rolling Stones' legendary 2012 concerts in Newark, New Jersey from the 50th anniversary tour.
The Rolling Stones' "GRRR Live!" is out on February 10, 2023. Japanese edition exclusively includes Japan only bonus tracks. Included CD features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.

The BD/DVD editions includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), taken from the December 13th concert.

The CD edition includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") taken from the December 13th concert.

+++++

GRRR Live! Blu-ray + 2SHM-CD with Japan Bonus Track UIXY-15050
7500yen - US$ 54.63
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), both taken from the concert held on December 13. Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
+++++

GRRR Live! [DVD + 2SHM-CD] w/Japan Bonus Tracks UIBY-15137
NTSC 6500yen US$ 47.35
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") as well as two bonus video footage ("The Last Time," "Tumbling Dice," ), both taken from the concert held on December 13. Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD forma
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
+++++

GRRR Live! [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition] Japan Bonus Tracks
UICY-80230 3600yen US $26.22
This Japanese edition exclusively includes three bonus tracks ("Tumbling Dice," "Doom and Gloom," "The Last Time") from the concert held on December 13.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Must admit this made me nervous for a moment that I might have not ordered the correct version, so I had to go check my pre-order confirmation. Thankfully, this is indeed the version I purchased! Phew!!!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: December 21, 2022 18:31

Irix
rebelhipi

Yes: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .
Thanks! I got confused for a moment

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 21, 2022 19:27

VoodooLounge13
Well, it's not so exclusive if more than one venue is selling it, now is it?! LOL

Lwinking smileyL

JPC.de, did have also a exclusive white release:
The Rolling Stones: GRRR Live! (Live At Newark 2012) (Limited Edition) (White Vinyl) (in Germany, Austria, Switzerland exclusively for JPC!)
€59,99

[www.jpc.de]

Date: December 21, 2022 20:12

I wonder if they're all minted at the same factory?! I've not bothered to order up a vinyl of this one yet. Waiting for some of the prices to come down. I also tend to go for the colored versions of things, vs. the black vinyl. What do others do? Do you get all colors, or just one? Colored and black, or just one or the other? I seem to recall Bremen was two different colors - a bronze, and was it white or silver? And then the black of course. I only got the bronze of that. The only one where I've wanted all colored versions is Copa. I am only missing the Carnaby splattered.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 22, 2022 15:56

Diese Aktion ist leider beendet. Teilnahmeschluss war: 22.12.2022 - 00:00 CET/CEST.

tja...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home