Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2022 09:16

I did the PPV thing in 2012, live...it was fab. It was a live concert from my living room. What's not to like.

But 11 years later, restreamed? Are you kidding? I'll probably buy the blu-ray but why in the hell would I pay for a stream of it over a decade later?

I predict that'll be a money loser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 16:46 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 16, 2022 09:25

Why they put Happy on youtube and not some rare track like Going Down or Who Do You Love?

Date: December 16, 2022 10:09

NilsHolgersson
Why they put Happy on youtube and not some rare track like Going Down or Who Do You Love?

Better performance.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 10:41

NilsHolgersson

So that you buy the damn thing for the rare tracks. IORR has been released as a second single too. I am right now listening to it on Spotify and I must say the sound is quite good. Way better than the audio release of Havana for example.

Date: December 16, 2022 11:01

hockenheim95
NilsHolgersson

So that you buy the damn thing for the rare tracks. IORR has been released as a second single too. I am right now listening to it on Spotify and I must say the sound is quite good. Way better than the audio release of Havana for example.

Sounds very good indeed! Keith's ES always sounds somewhat "dead", but here it is vital and rocking. It has more grit.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 16, 2022 12:50

Lisa's backing vocals sound really weird on this. She sings it one octave higher that usually.

Date: December 16, 2022 12:53

Overall I'm quite satisfied with the sound. A definitive improvement over the last Sam Wheat mixes.
Even though I'm still not the biggest fan of Mazen Murad's mastering

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 16, 2022 13:04

VoodooLounge13
hockenheim95
Why paying 10€ for a stream if I can buy it for 20€ on Blu Ray and be able to watch it again and again and again? The stream was fun in 2012 because it was a live event. But what is the argument to buy a stream again in 2023?

Well, I imagine for the younger audience who didn't get to watch the pay per view, and who in all likelihood have no plans of buying this. Lots of folks no longer purchase hard-copy of anything.

Agree hockenheim95!
VoodooLounge13, younger audience usually don’t know our Heroes or are not interested, sadly………moody smiley

Date: December 16, 2022 13:13

Christiaan
VoodooLounge13
hockenheim95
Why paying 10€ for a stream if I can buy it for 20€ on Blu Ray and be able to watch it again and again and again? The stream was fun in 2012 because it was a live event. But what is the argument to buy a stream again in 2023?

Well, I imagine for the younger audience who didn't get to watch the pay per view, and who in all likelihood have no plans of buying this. Lots of folks no longer purchase hard-copy of anything.

Agree hockenheim95!
VoodooLounge13, younger audience usually don’t know our Heroes or are not interested, sadly………moody smiley

And that's totally okay! Kids in 50 years won't probably be interested in Taylor Swift anymore either!
Each generation has their own heros.

Date: December 16, 2022 16:46

StonedRambler
Christiaan
VoodooLounge13
hockenheim95

Agree hockenheim95!

And that's totally okay! Kids in 50 years won't probably be interested in Taylor Swift anymore either!
Each generation has their own heros.

Not true...who nowadays doesn't still have Paul Robeson on their playlist?:

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 17:12

I don't even know who Paul Robeson is?!?!? I'll have to google that one.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 17:12

Christiaan
VoodooLounge13
hockenheim95

Agree hockenheim95!

I think it all depends on the child's upbringing!! thumbs up

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 16, 2022 17:28

Now announced as a virtual concert on Kiswe, 2nd Feb.
You can win "tickets" (German site):
Universal Music

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 17:34 by MAF.

Date: December 17, 2022 07:57

VoodooLounge13
I don't even know who Paul Robeson is?!?!? I'll have to google that one.

Yeah, that was pure sarcasm. The only reason I know him is that I have a bunch of shellac records and Paul Robeson is one of the artists.

Point being, pop music tends to be of the moment and very few artists can transcend generations.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 17, 2022 09:46

MAF
Now announced as a virtual concert on Kiswe, 2nd Feb.
You can win "tickets" (German site):
Universal Music

Utilizing "Kiswe’s global live streaming technology" fans can send in videos of themselves watching the show that will be seen by other fans across the globe. The concert is set to take place on February 2nd at 8:00 p.m. ET.

[rollingstonesnewark.com]

POWERING THE INTERACTIVE VIDEO REVOLUTION
Transforming live streams into immersive and socially engaging experiences to better connect with fans!

Kiswe Article: [www.fastcompany.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-17 10:08 by exilestones.

Date: December 17, 2022 10:00

treaclefingers
I did the PPV thing in 2012, live...it was fab. It was a live concert from my living room. What's not to like.

But 11 years later, restreamed? Are you kidding? I'll probably buy the blu-ray but why in the hell would I pay for a stream of it over a decade later?

Unless you want immersive and socially engaging experiences to better connect with fans or didn't want to wait to experience the new offering of this Newark 2012 show, you may not want to pay for a stream of the show. There are other people who would want to pay for the stream.

Maybe I'll pay for the stream and have a party as I did for the 1989 pay-per-view. Yeah, that's the ticket, a party!

Date: December 17, 2022 10:21

Rolling Stones’ ‘GRRR Live!’ To Be Launched With Unique Online Concert Event

Watch yourself and the Stones
Kiswe Live is unlike other viewing platforms in that it allows fans to be part of the experience, to upload short videos of themselves to celebrate the Stones and their performances at the show.

[finance.yahoo.com]

THE ROLLING STONES AND KISWE ANNOUNCE IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL CONCERT EVENT CELEBRATING RELEASE OF GRRR LIVE!

The Rolling Stones plan virtual concert to celebrate release of GRRR Live!
Kiswe Live actually allows the fans to be part of the experience, as they will be able to upload short video selfies of themselves to celebrate the band and their performances.

Fans will also be see themselves on the screen during the performances.
[www.victoriaadvocate.com]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: December 17, 2022 10:34

Younger folks probably don't have a DVD/BR Player anymore. No one under 20 that I know has a CD player or a physical drive in their Computer anymore.
So streaming is the way to go to reach these audiences.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 17, 2022 11:27

Ten years on from the 50 & Counting tour, The Rolling Stones' live performance of 'It's Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It)' from the upcoming ‘Grrr Live’ release is available to stream and watch now!

[fb.watch]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 17, 2022 14:51

Papo
Younger folks probably don't have a DVD/BR Player anymore. No one under 20 that I know has a CD player or a physical drive in their Computer anymore.
So streaming is the way to go to reach these audiences.

I would agree if this was a free stream on social media. But when you're under 20 and don't have a serious passion for the Stones you won't spend 10€ for a stream of an old concert while hundreds of concerts are available for free on the Internet. I would pay for a stream only If it would be a never seen before concert. Something from USA 2013 or No Filter but people who are deeply interested in another live release from the vaults already know this Concert...

On the other hand it won't cost them much money to stream an available concert on an already available interactive platform.

Date: December 17, 2022 16:06

exilestones
treaclefingers

Unless you want immersive and socially engaging experiences to better connect with fans or didn't want to wait to experience the new offering of this Newark 2012 show, you may not want to pay for a stream of the show. There are other people who would want to pay for the stream.

Maybe I'll pay for the stream and have a party as I did for the 1989 pay-per-view. Yeah, that's the ticket, a party!

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I guess I'm saying if this were an 'event', I could be persuaded. I just don't see a previously live show that is now streamed where I can post a video of myself, as an 'event'...particularly if I can just buy the video.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 17, 2022 16:10

The last PPV ! If memory serves it was streamed by Yahoo, oddly, 10$ ?
Great memory, lugged my TV in my car 10+k down the road, and it was at 3AM here so it was a bit of a struggle to stay awake, haha ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: December 17, 2022 16:24

They could've streamed an unreleased show for free on youtube to honor Charlie.
Free + youtube ensures a lot of viewers, but a "Kiwse" restream behind a paywall, how many people will be interested in that, a few hundred maybe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-17 16:25 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 17, 2022 22:08

woweye rolling smiley

whoever came up with this idea should be fired

i actually feel embarrassed for themwinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-17 22:11 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 17, 2022 22:14

i mean can you imagine having to try to explain this concept to keith and expecting him to keep a straight facegrinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2022 13:00

Part of the product line I suppose.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 18, 2022 13:07

TheBlockbuster
Free + youtube ensures a lot of viewers, but a "Kiwse" restream behind a paywall, how many people will be interested in that, a few hundred maybe?
Somebody please explain why i should buy this ppv when I'm going to buy the Japanese blu-ray of that same concert and will probably fall for the regular vinyl as well.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2022 07:59

Lien
Ten years on from the 50 & Counting tour, The Rolling Stones' live performance of 'It's Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It)' from the upcoming ‘Grrr Live’ release is available to stream and watch now!

[fb.watch]

That was actually good. In fact, great!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2022 08:10

Whale
TheBlockbuster
Somebody please explain why i should buy this ppv when I'm going to buy the Japanese blu-ray of that same concert and will probably fall for the regular vinyl as well.

You have no reason to, Whale! You answered your own question!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 19, 2022 12:11

I think this whole thing with Kiswe live is basically a campaign by Kiswe PR department - to advertise their platform for people not awere of them yet. The Stones with their publicity is a damn good vehicle to reach such audiences (and the band knows how to use their status, as they have done similarly before). It will cost Kiswe some money, since The Stones don't do this just for fun, but it is an investment for the future.

I am one of their target audience, since I didn't know a shit about them or this kind of interactive streaming thing until now.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-19 12:14 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home