Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 23
Re: The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 30, 2022 19:49

Terrible
This is going to be very expensive.
Will need the Japanese bluray+cd combo.
With all the ridiculous European import taxes itll at least become 150 euro. Almost a concert ticket.

Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:04

Nice! I just listened to the boot of this show about a month ago. I thought it was a pretty good show. I am looking forward to watching the blu ray.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:07

Whale
Terrible
This is going to be very expensive.
Will need the Japanese bluray+cd combo.
With all the ridiculous European import taxes itll at least become 150 euro. Almost a concert ticket.
Less than that.

Basing on the recent releases Blu-ray + 2SHM-CD combo is within 8 000 JPY.

Registered airmail for this type of product is usually 1 700 JPY.

This makes the total just below 10 000 JPY.

With current exchange rate this would be ~70€.

Now you should add 21-23% VAT (i.e. ~15€) and a few €€ for your local post office that will take care for custom processing.

In total it would be just below 90€.

If you'll wait a couple of days, you'll see the price on jpc.de for Japanese import. Guess it would be within this range. Like this one
[www.jpc.de]

So, you know, 2 extra songs in video and 3 extra songs in audio will cost you some 60€ more than regular EU edition.

Re: Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:09

wiredallnight
GivenToFly15
The video sounds like the other bad mixes : the usual soup with the guitars buried at the bottom. I'll make sure about the mix before I buy this stuff.

Then simply don't buy it! And even better, never buy anything again by the Stones, because all that is released is so bad and horrible and awful and terrible. Come on, I can't hear that whining anymore. Go and buy some Frank Sinatra or Elvis or whatever...

Yes, sir. Seriously, what's your problem mate?

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:15

GivenToFly15
wiredallnight
GivenToFly15
The video sounds like the other bad mixes : the usual soup with the guitars buried at the bottom. I'll make sure about the mix before I buy this stuff.

Then simply don't buy it! And even better, never buy anything again by the Stones, because all that is released is so bad and horrible and awful and terrible. Come on, I can't hear that whining anymore. Go and buy some Frank Sinatra or Elvis or whatever...

Yes, sir. Seriously, what's your problem mate?

I’m not a fan about modern mastering myself but this mix and master sounds quite good for a youtube vid. Love the way the drums are sounding. Mick is 1 or 2 db to loud but at least we can hear the guitars. Overall looking forward to it.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:26

I believe the 3LP White vinyl set from FNAC FR is the same as the one from JPC.de, they use maybe a different sticker .

3LP Limitée Exclusivité Fnac Vinyle Blanc €53,99
[www.fnac.com]

3LP Limited Edition) (White Vinyl) (in Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz exklusiv für jpc!) €59,99
[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:51

With shipping to the US from Japan it’s only $78.

Date: November 30, 2022 21:00

CD Japan

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 21:06

Yessir that’s where I’m getting mine. Gotta wait for my points to update though from my order I placed the other day.

Date: November 30, 2022 21:40

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 30, 2022 23:34

I wish they would sell standalone blurays like before, I dont need the 2cd set, I dont even have a cd player in the living room anymore, I only stream with spotify.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: December 1, 2022 01:09

I wouldn't pay two cents to own this. All these duets were horrible.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 1, 2022 01:45

Spodlumt

SOMEONE MUST TO SAY IT!!!

i dont like that performance, i do prefer first night, its because i will pay a lot of japan yen....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 1, 2022 02:00

I wish they would've included the Jeff Beck spot.

Date: December 1, 2022 03:01

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones
Shared on imwan forum:

[2023-02-10] The Rolling Stones "Grrr Live!" 2CD/1BD and 2CD/1DVD sets (Rolling Stones)

GRRReat! Thank you!

You're welcome my friend!! smileys with beer

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 1, 2022 03:10

UrbanSteel

wow the vinyl continously flashes between three different colors all on its own?

now this i've got to havegrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-01 03:10 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Mixedreactions ()
Date: December 1, 2022 03:12

UrbanSteel
CD Japan

Thanks for this. Went to that site and followed your same order, all set now with the bonus stuff.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2022 03:12

Have they actually deleted Grrregory out of the scene?
If so, a shame....they treat him as bad as Bill...erased from history!

Date: December 1, 2022 04:29

I'll say it too.

Spodlumt

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2022 04:45

ProfessorWolf
UrbanSteel

wow the vinyl continously flashes between three different colors all on its own?

now this i've got to havegrinning smiley

Zactly...this is worth thousands!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2022 05:19

ironbelly
Irix
ironbelly

Not to mention SHM material for CD

SHM-CDs are also available: UICY-80230/1 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .
I know.

SHM material and Japanese OBI will make this record sound better than any colored vinyl. You will not even mention that it is mixed/mastered by Stephen Marcussen and Sam Wheat winking smiley.

yeah, but they won't be as red.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2022 05:58

NilsHolgersson
I wish they would sell standalone blurays like before, I dont need the 2cd set, I dont even have a cd player in the living room anymore, I only stream with spotify.

What do you do if your wifi goes out?

I found that out thanks to Hurricane Ida.

No more Spotify. In fact, I changed my entire situation because of Ida. New phone, new carrier, unlimited and hotspot for $25 a month!, mostly for Amazon Music autorips, and CDs.

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: December 1, 2022 07:00

ribbelchips
True, but I mean shows from the >1995 period. I don't think that many fans are looking forward to 7 or 8 releases from the Bigger Bang or Licks tour...

How many different stage designs did the Stones utilise for the Bigger Bang Tour?

It's just I remember seeing a photo of Mick, seemingly darting between parasol/mushroom objects (!), during a daytime East Coast gig. I guess it was quite early on during the tour. I've never seen such a snap since.

Did this happen?!?

I'm not as think as you stoned I am.

Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: December 1, 2022 07:28

Should’ve been called LiveGRRR than You’ll Ever Be!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 1, 2022 08:22

Anthony80
ribbelchips
True, but I mean shows from the >1995 period. I don't think that many fans are looking forward to 7 or 8 releases from the Bigger Bang or Licks tour...

How many different stage designs did the Stones utilise for the Bigger Bang Tour?

It's just I remember seeing a photo of Mick, seemingly darting between parasol/mushroom objects (!), during a daytime East Coast gig. I guess it was quite early on during the tour. I've never seen such a snap since.

Did this happen?!?

At least three different stage Designs. The standard "parking garage" stage with on stage seats (No on Stage people in 2007). Then they had a smaller Indoor stage that you can see on Salt Lake City and Saitama. Also used in London 2007. And there was the South America Stage that was used at Copacabana.

Re: Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released...
Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 1, 2022 08:31

DocChill
Hello together,

I think the 2nd show at the O2-Arena London, played on 29th November 2012, would be much more desirable:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Florence Welch (Gimme Shelter), Eric clapton (Champagne & Reefer), Mick Taylor (Midnight Rambler) & Bill Wyman (IORR & HTW) where the special guests - as good as it gets! The show was amazing, I loved it!

That one should be released!

Cheers spinning smiley sticking its tongue out !

Yes, I like that show very much as well! But at least it exists as a boot in very good quality.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: December 1, 2022 09:45

Spodlumt

Zzzz.......

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 1, 2022 09:56

UrbanSteel
CD Japan

I'll order there too, but I'll wait until it's released. There could happen anything until then. If I die what should my inheritors do with it? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-01 09:57 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: December 1, 2022 10:36

great with new releases of course. to bad the show was very "low tempo".

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 1, 2022 10:49

Consulted my memory and Gazza's set list site.

Some positive points:
- 23 songs. That's more than usual (since A Bigger Bang Tour it's been, say, 18-20 tunes typically). This seems to be an important feature for some people.
- they started with "Get Off of My Cloud". That was an unique thing at the time before they stuck back to the 'obvious' openers like "Flash" and"Start Me Up". For me the opening number has always been an important thing, like giving a certain own character to a tour.
- they played following six numbers in a row: "Wild Horses", "Going Down", "Dead Flowers", "Who Do You Love?", "Doom & Gloom" and "One More Shot". Not probably that thrilling musically and some tunes not that rare, but anyone going to a Stones concert cannot be sure hearing any of those tunes. Now six in a row. So for those who like to complain about too predictable setlists, this is not so bad.
- Charlie, Lisa, Bobby & Taylor. This sounds like a modern day dream team they had on stage at the time.

Negative points:
- it must've been thrilling, like always, to witness the show live, but I only saw it from a telly at the time, and unfortunately it was a downer to me. The show sounded thin, and the band shallow, like being a not that good Stones tribute band. Especially the opening numbers were really weak performance-wise, like setting the show in a wrong feet. The only highlights I recall were Lady GaGa's looks and Taylor in "Rambler".
- unfortunately that little ad clip brings exactly the same feelings into my mind as the show did at the time. That it being mixed probably a bit better does not make a difference.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-01 11:07 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home