Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 23
Re: Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 12:28

ribbelchips
It would cause an overkill and people would lose their interest.
It would not be overkill if they released multiple shows from 1970 to 1975

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 14, 2022 13:39

True, but I mean shows from the >1995 period. I don't think that many fans are looking forward to 7 or 8 releases from the Bigger Bang or Licks tour...

Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released...
Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: November 14, 2022 13:42

Hello together,

I think the 2nd show at the O2-Arena London, played on 29th November 2012, would be much more desirable:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Florence Welch (Gimme Shelter), Eric clapton (Champagne & Reefer), Mick Taylor (Midnight Rambler) & Bill Wyman (IORR & HTW) where the special guests - as good as it gets! The show was amazing, I loved it!

That one should be released!

Cheers spinning smiley sticking its tongue out !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 14, 2022 13:47

ribbelchips
True, but I mean shows from the >1995 period. I don't think that many fans are looking forward to 7 or 8 releases from the Bigger Bang or Licks tour...

I'd welcome something on vinyl from the Licks and/or BB tours.

They aren't represented at all on the vinyl format thus far.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: November 14, 2022 13:52

I’d prefer staples, for more Taylor but any Taylor is great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-14 16:40 by Captainchaos.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 14, 2022 14:05

Spud
ribbelchips

what about these?

ebay

ebay

Re: Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released...
Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 14:40

DocChill
Hello together,

I think the 2nd show at the O2-Arena London, played on 29th November 2012, would be much more desirable:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Florence Welch (Gimme Shelter), Eric clapton (Champagne & Reefer), Mick Taylor (Midnight Rambler) & Bill Wyman (IORR & HTW) where the special guests - as good as it gets! The show was amazing, I loved it!

That one should be released!

Cheers spinning smiley sticking its tongue out !

Yes!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 14, 2022 15:12

ProfessorWolf
Spud
ribbelchips

what about these?

ebay

ebay

Forgot about the New York licks album.

Mind you...that release is a bit expensive for my meagre means . [It would have cost half that as part of the old Vaults series .]

I'll have to keep my eye open for any special offers on it grinning smiley

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: November 14, 2022 19:19

Urban Jungle whas a great tour.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 14, 2022 20:39

Captainchaos

I was there. Yeah, Midnight Rambler was good, but it wasn't a great show.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 14, 2022 20:40

24FPS

I think Newark 1 was better than PPV show, less over acted....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 14, 2022 20:42

hockenheim95
24FPS
Didn't Bill play two concerts with them at the O2? But we've only seen footage from one.

Bill did play at both O2 arena shows on IORR and Honky Tonk Women but I don't think there ever was footage released from these performances.

I've seen Bill play on YouTube for one of those nights.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2022 20:52

24FPS
Captainchaos

I believe Captainchaos was referring to Staples II on May 20, 2013 which was far superior to the first show on May 3 where they were still a bit cautious/tentative/rusty as it was the first major show of the tour (after the Echoplex club show). The second show on the 20th also had Taylor on four tunes vs. three at the first show, and generally speaking, the overall setlist for the second show was superior to the first show.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 21:02

24FPS
hockenheim95
24FPS
Didn't Bill play two concerts with them at the O2? But we've only seen footage from one.

Bill did play at both O2 arena shows on IORR and Honky Tonk Women but I don't think there ever was footage released from these performances.

I've seen Bill play on YouTube for one of those nights.

Both shows are available on YouTube including Bill Wymans performances but none of them are filmed professional.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: November 15, 2022 00:46

Hairball
24FPS
Captainchaos

I believe Captainchaos was referring to Staples II on May 20, 2013 which was far superior to the first show on May 3 where they were still a bit cautious/tentative/rusty as it was the first major show of the tour (after the Echoplex club show). The second show on the 20th also had Taylor on four tunes vs. three at the first show, and generally speaking, the overall setlist for the second show was superior to the first show.

Sorry I should’ve been more precise, yes 20 May 2013 with 4 tunes mick taylor played on. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 15, 2022 02:12

Captainchaos
Hairball
24FPS
Captainchaos

Sorry I should’ve been more precise, yes 20 May 2013 with 4 tunes mick taylor played on. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

A great evening. The whole Staples Center lifted off the ground when they wrapped up CYHMK. Never saw anything like it.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 15, 2022 03:05

smileys with beer
Martijnstone
Urban Jungle whas a great tour.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: November 15, 2022 04:06

I loved Going Down from these shows. John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr guesting on one of the Newark gigs is my favorite version though the Jeff Beck version is available on YouTube with better sound quality. I hope this release includes this song.

Date: November 15, 2022 04:41

This release isn't surprising. They have released most of the other pay per view concerts officially.
There were too many guest appearances, it distracted from the energy level of the show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2022 05:31

ribbelchips

I forget: is the St Louis BRDIGES PPV show officially out?

Between BRIDGES and LICKS I can't think of anything post wise being worthy. That's just me.

Another 1989-90 show?

Obviously more from 1969.

Nothing from earlier? Punk Stones!

One more reason why studio leftovers, finished or unfinished, might mean more.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 15, 2022 06:33

GasLightStreet
ribbelchips

I forget: is the St Louis BRDIGES PPV show officially out?

Between BRIDGES and LICKS I can't think of anything post wise being worthy. That's just me.

Another 1989-90 show?

Obviously more from 1969.

Nothing from earlier? Punk Stones!

One more reason why studio leftovers, finished or unfinished, might mean more.

PPV St. Louis 97 was released in 1998 on VHS and DVD but incomplete

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: November 15, 2022 11:24

There are more people still alive since the 1989 tour and likely to have the stones in concert so would be potential buyers.
Concerts via pay per view also require less work. In addition, concerts with guests would definitely bring additional sales from their fans.
The 1960s and the first part of the 1970s didn't represent much for them financially. It is however the most interesting.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2022 12:58

It was a great one, and once again thank you to Norwegian tv for actually showing it when Danish tv stations didn’t. That Bruce performance was nice.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 15, 2022 13:20

I hope it's Newark 1, John Mayer and Respectable were great. I was so worried after hearing who the guest was gonna be.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 15, 2022 13:45

JumpingKentFlash
It was a great one, and once again thank you to Norwegian tv for actually showing it when Danish tv stations didn’t. That Bruce performance was nice.

The teleprompter helped him big time! winking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 15, 2022 13:54

ribbelchips

Waddya on about mate?!?! As long as it's on DVD I'd love full tours released from the Vegas era... Visually (and musically) every Vault DVD is a gem. Mind you, I dont bother too much with the CD's though..

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 20:51

There was great stuff played at the O2 concerts a few weeks earlier. If they include a few of those, I'd be all in! "I wanna Be Your Man" and "Lady Jane" were not played again if I'm correct.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2022 20:55

I I like that many of these shows are getting released, but they could mix it up a little couldn’t they? I mean, RPM Club, Toad’s Place, Double Door, Mogador, Trabendo, Horseshoe Tavern etc. Why not release a box of those shows? Not full shows, but parts of them. The secret gigs were going on for many years. I bet they filmed all of them.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 21:56

Lynd8
There was great stuff played at the O2 concerts a few weeks earlier. If they include a few of those, I'd be all in! "I wanna Be Your Man" and "Lady Jane" were not played again if I'm correct.

Lady Jane only at the 2nd O2 show but I wanna be your man was played at both O2 shows and in Brooklyn.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 15, 2022 22:22

JumpingKentFlash
I I like that many of these shows are getting released, but they could mix it up a little couldn’t they? I mean, RPM Club, Toad’s Place, Double Door, Mogador, Trabendo, Horseshoe Tavern etc. Why not release a box of those shows? Not full shows, but parts of them. The secret gigs were going on for many years. I bet they filmed all of them.

Right. All this seems to be low hanging fruit. I suppose El Mocambo will have to be the one rare release that's supposed to last us a while but really...not sure why they're being so stingy with the more interesting stuff.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home