Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 23
The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 13, 2022 03:18

According to our friends from 40x5 Tributo bar the next live release will be the 2012 Newark concert (possibly the 15th December concert) in early 2023.

[www.instagram.com]

IORR NEWS UPDATE:

Nov 30: "GRRR Live!" Newark 2012 recording due out Feb 10
The Rolling Stones are announcing their new concert film "GRRR Live!" due out February 10th, 2023. The film is recorded on December 15, 2012, at Newark, New Jersey, USA, and will be available in a number of different packages. For details see The Rolling Stones Shop UK, and the IORR thread The Rolling Stones GRRR Live!.

Dec 17: "GRRR Live" lauch with online event Feb 2
The Rolling Stones have announced a new online concert event to mark the release of "GRRR Live", from their concert in Newark, NJ, USA December 2012. The event will take place February 2 at 8pm GMT/8pm Eastern/8pm Pacific/8pm AWST (February 3). The album will be released in multiple formats by Mercury Studios on February 10. See the news story Rolling Stones’ ‘GRRR Live!’ To Be Launched With Unique Online Concert Event, and the IORR thread The Rolling Stones GRRR Live.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-14 13:51 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones Live at Newark 2012 to be released
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 13, 2022 03:52

Guest artists? Boo! winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 13, 2022 04:36

Topi

drinking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2022 04:53

Cristiano Radtke
Topi

drinking smiley

Was that the one with Lady Ga Ga? Fab show. I watched it on PPV.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 13, 2022 05:08

I was just wondering why we haven't seen any more recent releases lately.

I'll get this but it's not one of my favorite shows. They were a little stilted that night. Wish they would release something from no filter.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 13, 2022 05:17

From 2012, wouldn’t one of the London o2 shows’ have been more desirable? I don’t think I’ll get this, personally.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 13, 2022 05:51

Big Al
From 2012, wouldn’t one of the London o2 shows’ have been more desirable? I don’t think I’ll get this, personally.

yes do the o2 shows instead!

or better yet a fifty and counting boxset with all 5 shows plus the 12 12 12 performance

also weren't they rumored to making a tour documentary at the time surrounding the 50th anniversary shows?

i definitely seem to recall rumors of them having the rehearsals professionally filmed

either way i already have a nice looking and sounding copy of it and judging by other recent releases this will probably look slightly better and sound significantly worst

but i guess i'll still end up buying it eventuallyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-13 14:14 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 13, 2022 12:21

At least add the rarities from the London O2 concerts. Then it would be interesting. Hopefully there’s something nice planned.

Date: November 13, 2022 12:29

I hope they'll add some interesting Bonus stuff to it like for Copacabana where they released the complete Salt Lake City show which was awesome. Other than that I hope this will have a good mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-13 14:14 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 13, 2022 12:32

Oh yeah that show was fineee

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 13, 2022 12:59

Hehe, i think i told you this in a way, weeks ago in the thread "what next in the vaut" winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 17:20

If it’s the complete show I’ll dig it. If they edit out, and I can’t imagine they would, but if they do edit out the guests for contractual or space reasons, I’ll be pi55ed.

But I wish they’d release something more recent and previously unseen.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-13 17:21 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 17:27

I Was at the show. Ticket prices were INSANE but I paid it.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 19:52

What happened to the Wiltern Show? Hope we still get that next year too

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 13, 2022 19:53

It would be a curiosity to watch it again. (Though it's available on YouTube, at least for now.) I remember cringing at Keith's appearance and playing. He was like a mummy. Ronnie seemed to be the only one on fire that evening.

Didn't Bill play two concerts with them at the O2? But we've only seen footage from one.

Date: November 13, 2022 19:55

artinis1
What happened to the Wiltern Show? Hope we still get that next year too

Maybe it was never planned for an official release and just for BBC broadcast? But I Hope we gef it complete.

Date: November 13, 2022 19:58

24FPS
Didn't Bill play two concerts with them at the O2? But we've only seen footage from one.

Bill did play at both O2 arena shows on IORR and Honky Tonk Women but I don't think there ever was footage released from these performances.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 13, 2022 21:28

They played two shows with these guest according to setlist.fm
Respectable
(with John Mayer)
Midnight Rambler
(with Mick Taylor on both nights)
Gimme Shelter
(with Lady Gaga)
Going Down
(with John Mayer) (also with Gary Clark Jr)
Who Do You Love?
(with The Black Keys)
Tumbling Dice
(with Bruce Springsteen)

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 13, 2022 22:02

I remember everyone talking at the time about how stationary Keith was during that show, and I remember watching the pay per view live and having the opposite reaction - we’d previously seen him play some _very_ ropey gigs in 2006/7, then some clips surfaced in 2010 or so of him barely able to strum a note, and so I watched the 2012 Newark show so happy that Keith was upright and riffing. It was never going to be 1999 again, but could still play, and it set the stage for the next ten years of gigs.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 14, 2022 06:26

tommycharles
I remember everyone talking at the time about how stationary Keith was during that show, and I remember watching the pay per view live and having the opposite reaction - we’d previously seen him play some _very_ ropey gigs in 2006/7, then some clips surfaced in 2010 or so of him barely able to strum a note, and so I watched the 2012 Newark show so happy that Keith was upright and riffing. It was never going to be 1999 again, but could still play, and it set the stage for the next ten years of gigs.

I was at this show. One of the best I’ve seen and there has never been a show where he was barely able that ate m a note. That’s BS

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2022 06:34

Aside from Springsteen stinking up the stage, I look forward to seeing this again.
I'm sure most of the NJ fans in attendance were ecstatic over the presence of 'The Boss', but to hear him mutilate Tumbling Dice...no thanks.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 14, 2022 06:45

Cooltoplady
tommycharles

I was at this show. One of the best I’ve seen and there has never been a show where he was barely able that ate m a note. That’s BS

Not a Rolling Stones show, no, but his appearance with James Cotton caused a lot of comment - the footage of the rehearsal released later showed that his playing wasn't generally as poor as the performance suggested, but between the 2007 and 2012 shows he seemed to get very rusty. Before that there had been complaints in 2007 about him "posing" on stage: acting the Great Rock Guitarist rather than playing properly, and it was a relief to see in 2012 that he had stopped doing that and was obviously moving about less and concentrating more on his playing instead - hence the "mummy" comments. I for one had been quite worried about what we might get in 2012.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-14 06:53 by Green Lady.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 14, 2022 07:08

Do we know for sure which of the two Newark shows this is, the first night or the second, already broadcast once?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 14, 2022 08:18

angee
Do we know for sure which of the two Newark shows this is, the first night or the second, already broadcast once?

No, and the Stones suprised us two times (Brussels and Buenos Aires) with an alternative show instead of the "well known" one. But I think marketing is easier with all guests that appeared on the PPV.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 14, 2022 09:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-14 09:48 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 14, 2022 09:45

Would still like to see the No Filter Paris shows, especially the second show which was just fantastic.

plexi

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 14, 2022 11:26

Justin
I was just wondering why we haven't seen any more recent releases lately.

Really? Licked Live in NY was released in June and El Mocambo was released in May..

I skipped Live Licked, Copacobana and Buenos Aires, but Newark has an interesting setlist. Too bad Lady Gaga is horrible on Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 14, 2022 11:42

OT but the Stones are missing a big trick in not releasing all of the live shows they've been recording for years.

What's the point in recording them just to keep them hidden away?

The market for these shows dwindles with each passing year.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 14, 2022 11:59

It would cause an overkill and people would lose their interest.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home