Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Hollywood Vampires
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 11, 2022 16:25

Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp, Joe Perry and Tommy Henriksen are giving some concerts in the UK soon.

tix: [www.aegpresents.co.uk] or [www.ticketmaster.co.uk] (almost sold out though..)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-11 16:51 by MononoM.

Re: OT: The Hollywood Vampires
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 11, 2022 16:37

It's a fun show, worth the time and money spent if you don't take it too seriously. I saw them a few years ago without Perry who'd just had a heart attack. Alice plays Alice mostly strutting around with a fencing sword and Depp plays a rock star acting like he's playing guitar pretty convincingly. The set list is Classic Rock 101.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 12, 2022 11:11

I’m off to Manchester for this / 56 quid for a decent seat. Seen Alice before, and not much chance of seeing Aerosmith in Europe again so be good to see joe too / pretty good setlist by the looks

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 12, 2022 11:27

Johnny Depp. Rich, fat, pathetic wannabe. So obvious. Keith is Keith. Johnny has to invent himself in front of the mirror - every day. Fake to the bone.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: November 12, 2022 20:25

rbk
It's a fun show, worth the time and money spent if you don't take it too seriously. I saw them a few years ago without Perry who'd just had a heart attack. Alice plays Alice mostly strutting around with a fencing sword and Depp plays a rock star acting like he's playing guitar pretty convincingly. The set list is Classic Rock 101.
Johnny Depp does not have to act like he's playing guitar, because he's been playing guitar since he was 12 years old and he's been playing in bands since he was 16. He was a musician long before he became an actor. He became an actor by coincidence, really. If anything he's a musician who's convincingly playing the role of an actor.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 12, 2022 20:31

Awful gimmick band

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 21:02

Tommy Hendriksen has been part of Alice's band for over 10 years. Drummer Glen Sobel is also part of Alice's band, excellent drummer. Bassist Chris Wyse has played with Ozzy, Ace Frehley and The Cult and keyboardist Buck Johnson is Aerosmith's keyboardist so a good music resume for the other members.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 12, 2022 22:31

MrEcho
rbk
Johnny Depp does not have to act like he's playing guitar, because he's been playing guitar since he was 12 years old and he's been playing in bands since he was 16. He was a musician long before he became an actor. He became an actor by coincidence, really. If anything he's a musician who's convincingly playing the role of an actor.

still his guitar playing is very bad. Saw him twice guesting for two songs at Ryan Adams shows and also this summer playing with Jeff Beck. All three times he reminded me of a bad actor playing a even worse guitarist and trying to be cool

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2022 00:02

Dan
Awful gimmick band

True, but on a positive note this might bode well for Jeff Beck and his fans as Depp might no longer be involved with ruining Becks live shows and albums.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 13, 2022 02:14

Dan
Awful gimmick band

There's a lot of gimmick bands around.

Depp's role isn't very big, just a song or two that he sings on and rhythm guitar parts when three other guys play guitar as well, so what's the problem.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 10, 2023 10:39

Ronnie played two songs with the Hollywood Vampires last
night at the O2 London

The train kept A-rollin ;

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 10, 2023 10:44

love how Ronnie keeping busy

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: July 10, 2023 11:46

Beck's Bolero at the O2 yesterday

[www.youtube.com]

N

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 10, 2023 13:05

That Jeff Beck tribute was fantastic, not sure why anyone would get angry at Johnny Depp.
He’s pretty humble about the whole thing.I’ve seen him say “I leave the heavy lifting to the real musicians.”
Just having some fun out there and that’s really what it’s all about.

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen was during the trial his ex secretly recorded him and he was standing in his kitchen arguing with her and he was dressed the same way.scarves,vest,hat and he was talking the same way.
I was sure it was a pose but apparently the guy is like that all the time!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 10, 2023 15:25

Lien
night at the O2 London

I immediately turned it off when Imelda May came on stage. Unbearable.

Hollywood Vampires - O2 Arena London, July 9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2023 18:34

Thank you @ronniewood The O2 London #TrainKeptARollin

Photos: Aaron Perry

[twitter.com]

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: July 10, 2023 19:17

Great pics!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 10, 2023 20:10

go ronnie!grinning smiley

what is this three different shows in the last month

the stones may not be on tour this year but ronnie seemingly iswinking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 10, 2023 20:33

Woody probably prepared himself to hit the road with the Stones, and since that not happened, he is now playing with anyone, anywhere. Go Ronnie Go!

- Doxa

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 11, 2023 11:06

Doxa
Woody probably prepared himself to hit the road with the Stones, and since that not happened, he is now playing with anyone, anywhere. Go Ronnie Go!

- Doxa

Ronnie's always guesting with act's on stage. He's absolutely the mot proactive Rolling Stone. If a list were to be compiled of all of Ronnie's on-stage guest appearances over the past, say, twenty-years, it'd be pretty darn long, I'd imagine. Anyone going to have a go? smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 11, 2023 18:57

He, at least, was ready to Tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-11 19:10 by powerage78.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 11, 2023 21:32

Lien
night at the O2 London

Alice sounds a bit like Keith Relf!

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 13, 2023 12:25

Ronnie should play own show in London.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home