Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Twitter photos - why??
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 10, 2022 01:18

Why does Mick post photos of his private trips, like this?

Is he trying to show how "normal" he is ("Can't you see that I'm huuu-mann?"). If so, he is chipping away at the incredible mystique that comes with being (arguably) the most iconic rock star on the planet. I've often imagined what it would be like to be in his shoes, and seeing the reality is much different and less exciting than the fantasies in my imagination. It is deflating.

Or is he saying, "Look how much fun I'm having at 79?!" If so, it's not really working, IMO. I look at those photos (presumably taken by his bodyguard) of him alone, without any family or friends, and think, Wow, celebrity sure has its price. Keith's photos with extended family look much happier to me.

All that said, I love this man.

Drew

Re: Mick Twitter photos - why??
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 10, 2022 01:28

so keef knows where he is .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 10, 2022 01:33

so melanie knows where he iswinking smiley

Date: November 10, 2022 01:41

i don't know about the whole mystique thing but i do get the impression from these photos that he can be at any random place at any random time

like i half suspect that i'll go into my local grocery store one day and see him posing in front of the stuffed mountain lion they have mounted above the guacamole and humus

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 10, 2022 01:52

It is his constructive alternative to the contents of the lyrics of his song "Hide Away" from GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-10 01:54 by Witness.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 10, 2022 02:24

It's photo evidence for the tax authority I guess.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 10, 2022 03:18

Rockman
so keef knows where he is .....

Given that Keef has barely mastered the Fax machine, do you really think that he spends time on Twitter?

:-)

In reality I reckon he's far far too intelligent to spend time on so called Social Media.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 10, 2022 06:04

drewmaster
Why does Mick post photos of his private trips, like this?

Is he trying to show how "normal" he is ("Can't you see that I'm huuu-mann?"). If so, he is chipping away at the incredible mystique that comes with being (arguably) the most iconic rock star on the planet. I've often imagined what it would be like to be in his shoes, and seeing the reality is much different and less exciting than the fantasies in my imagination. It is deflating.

Or is he saying, "Look how much fun I'm having at 79?!" If so, it's not really working, IMO. I look at those photos (presumably taken by his bodyguard) of him alone, without any family or friends, and think, Wow, celebrity sure has its price. Keith's photos with extended family look much happier to me.

All that said, I love this man.

Drew

I get your sentiment but... why does it matter? Why do you bother to care? How does any of it affect your life?

What I see? Mick is doing whatever Mick does.

That's it.

ZERO JUDGEMENT.

Get off the dude's cloud, man.

Not that he reads anything here.

Date: November 10, 2022 08:37

What bothered me:

- He's not in LA
- He has been writing songs, not finishing up the album

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 10, 2022 08:58

Why? He’s been bitten by the social media bug.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 10, 2022 09:24

I think it's funny that Mick supports climate change protests and criticizes Trump for not doing enough to stop climate change, but on the other hand is constantly traveling the world in private jets and has like 16 houses, 57 luxury cars and 9 kids. If everybody lived like Mick Jagger we would need 307 planets.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 10, 2022 11:53

That's why I don't care about Mick Jagger the private person. I only care for the musician, band member and showman extraodinaire.

RE his online presence : I think that's part of his "building a young fanbase" ongoing strategy. He WANTS a new young audience going to his shows, hence his posts.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 10, 2022 12:08

Why not?

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 10, 2022 12:51

The guy wasn't able to do this kind of things for decades. When he showed up in private places in the seventies or eighties, hordes of fans would have torn him apart.

We all post our holiday pictures on or social media timelines don't we?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 10, 2022 13:53

NilsHolgersson
I think it's funny that Mick supports climate change protests and criticizes Trump for not doing enough to stop climate change, but on the other hand is constantly traveling the world in private jets and has like 16 houses, 57 luxury cars and 9 kids. If everybody lived like Mick Jagger we would need 307 planets.
Hot political take.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 10, 2022 13:58

He's auditioning for the lead role in the new "Where's Wally" film franchise grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 10, 2022 14:09

ribbelchips
The guy wasn't able to do this kind of things for decades. When he showed up in private places in the seventies or eighties, hordes of fans would have torn him apart.

We all post our holiday pictures on or social media timelines don't we?

I don’t, personally. Then again, I have no social media. I’m very private. It’s each to their own, of course.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 10, 2022 14:35

He's on Twitter, like 000s of other celebs, to promote themselves to a huge audience. It's all part of his business.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 10, 2022 14:45

> Mick Twitter photos <

Those photos are also on his [www.Facebook.com] and [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 10, 2022 15:21

DandelionPowderman
What bothered me:

- He has been writing songs, not finishing up the album

Maybe it's for the next album spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2022 15:35

"Songwriting" ? He must be with Clifford then, who's apparently been going everywhere with him for the past 20 years. And these are probably his pictures too.

Besides, he must have a stockpile of 100+ "songs" since, hum...2011. I guess he really doesn't want to finish that new album !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 10, 2022 17:29

I like the photos. Mick is showing up in real life. He likes to get out once in a while.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 10, 2022 17:47

Why not?

Perfect. Mick and Keith long ago mastered promoting the Stones. I saw an interview with Ron Wood on Later with Bob Costas in the early 90s where Ron said he wasn't even sure they were fighting that much in the late 80s. He said it could have been their way of keeping in the news.

Yes, poor Mick, with only his paid bodyguard to take photos of him in his various Xanadus around the globe. Do you really think that's how he lives? The three remaining Stones have fairly sedate lives at this point. They don't have their dark exploits splashed across tabloids any longer. This seems Mick's way of keeping himself and the band he represents in front of the public eye.

Date: November 10, 2022 17:48

24FPS
Why not?

Perfect. Mick and Keith long ago mastered promoting the Stones. I saw an interview with Ron Wood on Later with Bob Costas in the early 90s where Ron said he wasn't even sure they were fighting that much in the late 80s. He said it could have been their way of keeping in the news.

Yes, poor Mick, with only his paid bodyguard to take photos of him in his various Xanadus around the globe. Do you really think that's how he lives? The three remaining Stones have fairly sedate lives at this point. They don't have their dark exploits splashed across tabloids any longer. This seems Mick's way of keeping himself and the band he represents in front of the public eye.

Matt is not his bodyguard smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 10, 2022 17:59

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Why not?

Drewmaster mentioned a bodyguard. Who is Matt?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 10, 2022 18:14

So not in LA mixing the new album? 17 years in the making, and so maybe finished? Get the damn thing out. Oh.. Nice pics too. Me? I’m happy he’s happy to post them. Don’t see why not. EVERYONE else in the world bar me posts on social media, why not Mick? Don’t understand the intent of the original question. No one pressures you, drewmaster, to look at them.

Rod

Date: November 10, 2022 18:17

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Why not?

Drewmaster mentioned a bodyguard. Who is Matt?

Matt Clifford

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2022 19:41

Would be nice if he posted twitter pics of he and/or the Stones in L.A. working on the new album.
And as far as I know, there's been no paparazzi pics of Mick (or Keith) in L.A. recently which seems unusual as he seems to relish the spotlight surrounded by celebrities.
Not even a fan photo of Mick leaving a studio which happened last month in New York...signing autographs, etc. Surprised TMZ hasn't reported anything yet as they're usually amongst the first to do so.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 20:10

Hairball
Would be nice if he posted twitter pics of he and/or the Stones in L.A. working on the new album.
And as far as I know, there's been no paparazzi pics of Mick (or Keith) in L.A. recently which seems unusual as he seems to relish the spotlight surrounded by celebrities.
Not even a fan photo of Mick leaving a studio which happened last month in New York...signing autographs, etc. Surprised TMZ hasn't reported anything yet as they're usually amongst the first to do so.

I did very recently see "live" images of both Mick and Keith (on their own) on Instagram (f.i.) playing some potentially interesting tunes on guitar. Both pretty Stones-like tunes. I'm confident something good comes out of it winking smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: November 13, 2022 00:57

georgie48
Hairball

I did very recently see "live" images of both Mick and Keith (on their own) on Instagram (f.i.) playing some potentially interesting tunes on guitar. Both pretty Stones-like tunes. I'm confident something good comes out of it winking smiley

smileys with beer

ok care to expand on that a little please

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home