Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Keith On Taylor Swift
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2022 15:51

erad
My gf is a huge Taylor Swift fan. Majority of her music isn't for me, but there is some great stuff on Folklore and Evermore. She is pretty prolific.

She is constantly evolving and changing her sound, the mark of a great artist imo. Something the Stones themselves achieved over the years!

She comes across as such a positive force too, love her political and social stances also. I love seeing the passion my gf has for her music and how animated she gets talking about it, reminds me of myself when I talk about the Stones and other bands/artists I love.

So even though I'm not a big fan of her music, I'm a big fan of her creativity and success. Incredible as Gaslightstreet has said above.

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: November 8, 2022 16:30

I know some of us (Myself included) have an emotional bond with our favorite artists and performers for various reasons. But isn't the reality that are a business no different than McDonalds or a shopkeeper?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 9, 2022 03:48

MisterO
I know some of us (Myself included) have an emotional bond with our favorite artists and performers for various reasons. But isn't the reality that are a business no different than McDonalds or a shopkeeper?

It is.

It's changed so much it's difficult to keep up with in regard to understanding how artists and songwriters make a living via recording/releases.

As much as it evolves more gets taken away. It's the opposite of itself. So artists have shifted to selling poorly made shirts for $40 - $100. Ticket prices... all over the place.

People have gotten used to paying whatever to see whoever for however much and it's just the price of being a fan. Promoters count on that.

Mick Jagger is extremely aware of that. His reasoning behind Stones ticket prices and having NFL or NBA season ticket holders pay whatever... oddly makes sense. But that's the Stones. McCartney. Even Pearl Jam, Bruce and U2. Maybe Garth Brooks and Madonna.

Taylor Swift? Singles/albums wise she's killing it. I haven't looked into her tours.

For the Stones, a lot more people remember the tours than the singles or albums. For Taylor Swift it's most likely the opposite. The Stones eclipsed their record sales with attendance starting in, what, 1972? 1975? It's been that way since.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 9, 2022 03:57

I think 2023 is going to be a very interesting year, tour wise, to see who comes out on top. You’ve got the Stones, Taylor, Bruce, U2 all touring the US next year.

Date: November 9, 2022 04:17

VoodooLounge13
I think 2023 is going to be a very interesting year, tour wise, to see who comes out on top. You’ve got the Stones, Taylor, Bruce, U2 all touring the US next year.

U2 isn't touring in 2023.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 9, 2022 05:50

VoodooLounge13

Well, if any of those acts will do better than the Stones per gig, well, that's something.

- Doxa

Date: November 9, 2022 14:41

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Don’t they have a residency at that new Vegas place?

Date: November 10, 2022 06:39

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Don’t they have a residency at that new Vegas place?

Yes.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2022 19:04

She just announced her third Nissan Stadium show in a row! Three consecutive days!! Ambitious to say the least.

So much for her not lasting, right Keith?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-11 19:08 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 12, 2022 02:05

I think we know who will be the tour leader next year. She’s added more dates twice already now. She’ll sell em all out I’m guessing. First tour in five years.

Date: November 12, 2022 02:05

Will be interesting to see the ticket prices.

Date: November 12, 2022 05:30

VoodooLounge13

U2 beat the Stones BANG tour records ticket sales and total sales in their 74-76 shows (something like that) of 110 for their 360 tour.

With cheaper tickets - just way more seating available, and all sell out shows.

That kind of scenario will probably not ever happen again.

For whatever reason, stadium shows (in the US, anyway) aren't not as big as they used to be. Sure, stages are much bigger but they don't HAVE to be. So a line was drawn to where having 40,000 plus people in a football stadium works just fine.

Seems weird. With sound systems being way advanced compared to even the 1990s, and stages not needing to be so big, why not get 70 or 80,000 people into a stadium?

Date: November 12, 2022 07:22

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

U2 beat the Stones BANG tour records ticket sales and total sales in their 74-76 shows (something like that) of 110 for their 360 tour.

For whatever reason, stadium shows (in the US, anyway) aren't not as big as they used to be. Sure, stages are much bigger but they don't HAVE to be. So a line was drawn to where having 40,000 plus people in a football stadium works just fine.

Seems weird. With sound systems being way advanced compared to even the 1990s, and stages not needing to be so big, why not get 70 or 80,000 people into a stadium?

Yes I remember being very irate about U2 doing that LOL. And true enough about the amount of people. Why not pack em in???

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 15, 2022 23:44

Didn't Springsteen just get roasted for something like this?

Tickets for Taylor Swift’s Houston concert are already selling for $33,000

A new car? A luxury vacation for the family? Or a ticket to Taylor Swift's Eras Tour?

Those are the decisions you'll have to make if you take up some of the resale offers currently available for Swift's upcoming Houston show.

StubHub, the popular resale site, has tons of tickets already on sale. The top price for Houston? $33,750 for one ticket in Section H, Row 1 at NRG Stadium. You read that correctly.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 16, 2022 00:50

The best way I can justify spending a high price for Stones tickets is to donate an equal amount to Charity. Not the corporate charities, but the home grown and hands on ones. I am pretty well networked so I'm most pleased with the results. I know many can't afford this, so I'm very lucky I can do this. If I couldn't do this, I'd still see the Stones, for sure.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 16, 2022 00:52

....she aint gettin' a cracker outta me ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 16, 2022 00:57

I bet you'd help some needy family, Rockman.......

Date: November 16, 2022 01:02

Crackinup

A new car? A luxury vacation for the family? Or a ticket to Taylor Swift's Eras Tour?

Those are the decisions you'll have to make if you take up some of the resale offers currently available for Swift's upcoming Houston show.

StubHub, the popular resale site, has tons of tickets already on sale. The top price for Houston? $33,750 for one ticket in Section H, Row 1 at NRG Stadium. You read that correctly.

Yes, but I don’t think she ever tied herself to the common blue collar worker, like Bruce.

And, anyone can charge anything they want on StubHub, Ticketmaster’s dynamic pricing is a different beast altogether. Selling for $33k? That’s totally different than listing it at $33k. It won’t sell. Non-story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 01:04 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 16, 2022 01:13

I use ta see this local homeless guy around my area
So one day I spotted him walking the street
barefoot so i went and bought him a take-away
cup of white-tea and drove back to where he was ....

Introduced myself and offered him the cup
of tea but he looked at it and said .... "I dont take milk"

TRUE STORY

ROCKMAN

Date: November 16, 2022 03:47

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Yes I remember being very irate about U2 doing that LOL. And true enough about the amount of people. Why not pack em in???

The Stones couldn't do that on their BANG tour.

U2's two previous tours in North America were in arenas and stadiums elsewhere. 2001 (all sellouts) then in 2005 (all sellouts). The 360 tour in NA was in the fall of 2009. They returned in 2011. Not a lot of dates. In NA and Europe - all stadiums, all sellouts. They hadn't saturated their market so to speak.

The Stones had been quite visible since 1994-95, 1997-99, 2002-03 and 2005-07, all but two of those being stadiums only.

It's easy to point at that and say, Oh... but that may not be the case. But by the BANG tour they weren't selling shows out here and there. Maybe it was that they kept coming around. I dunno.

They've both had tours without sellouts but they generally, about 98% of the time (not an actual fact, just a guess), sell out.

As they should.

Date: November 16, 2022 04:03

Crackinup

Hopefully people won't do the secondary route and stick to the official route. At least get your ticket(s) legit.

Date: November 16, 2022 04:14

VoodooLounge13
I think we know who will be the tour leader next year. She’s added more dates twice already now. She’ll sell em all out I’m guessing. First tour in five years.

I doubt she'll eclipse U2 or the Stones, historically or recently, in terms of gargantuan numbers. What the Stones have done recently with 14 shows or whatever, U2's recent arena and stadium tours.

Swift will probably have limited dates. She's not that kind of performer. Madonna's amount of shows increased as she got older! Taylor Swift started out doing a lot of shows and has slimmed the amount down over the past few.

But... who knows. Maybe she'll do 110 shows like most big tours, like she did early on. Perhaps the demand will be that she plays X amount of cities in certain venues to cut down on shows.

Not gonna go there with the live singing/lip syncing. Although I guess I kinda just did.

Date: November 16, 2022 05:03

She’s playing 50+ shows this tour.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 16, 2022 18:06

NashvilleBlues
She’s playing 50+ shows this tour.

Right, and that's just in the U.S. International dates will be released soon.

Date: November 16, 2022 18:30

Seems she crashed Ticketmaster yesterday...

Taylor Swift

Date: November 16, 2022 18:59

I note that in 2019 we saw the amazing young band at Century Link Field in Seattle...what a show!

It's since been renamed to Lumen Field and Taylor Swift will be there for TWO NIGHTS, back to back, July 2023.

I can't think of anyone, except the Stones maybe (with lower ticket prices - Swift's seem lower overall) that could hope to match that.

Date: November 16, 2022 20:08

Rockman

TRUE STORY

I hear you Rockman: no cracker for the ex, and the white tea guy was a nutter.
Maybe third time will work.

Date: November 16, 2022 21:30

MKjan
Rockman

TRUE STORY

I hear you Rockman: no cracker for the ex, and the white tea guy was a nutter.
Maybe third time will work.

You put milk in green tea...and you call the homeless guy the nutter?

COME ON!

Date: November 16, 2022 23:37

No it was an Earl Grey ....

Who said nobody loves ya when ya down and out ......

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2022 00:16

Rockman
No it was an Earl Grey ....

Who said nobody loves ya when ya down and out ......

Henceworth and from this day forward ye shall be known as, Kindman!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home