Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You have $400 to spend. A Rolling Stones ticket OR a new RS MONO Box Set?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2022 23:34

You can't get both, you can't buy a $25 Lucky dip and borrow $25 to buy the box set. The ticket to the show would be wherever, clearly not in the pit.

You only have $400 in discretionary income, and you have to choose ONE or the OTHER...you can't buy a Paul McCartney ticket or a Revolver Box Set.

I've struggled a bit with this one, but for me, I'd buy the MONO box set.

Heresy I know...or maybe not?

WHAT

SAY

YOU?!

Re: You have $400 to spend. A Rolling Stones ticket OR a new RS MONO Box Set?
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 31, 2022 23:55

Show Time!

T@3

Date: October 31, 2022 23:55

Ticket. Don't care about Stones material things like box sets.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:10

Ticket!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:31

Ticket - no contest!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:36

Mono Box unless I had a time machine & could go back to 1978 or before. Preferably the 1972 tour.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:47

Easy one for me: Ticket!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:50

Ticket! I'll borrow your box set later!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:50

treaclefingers

You could also listen to the Mono-Box via Streaming, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com] - and spend the little money on a Rolling Stones LD-Ticket.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:52

crholmstrom
Mono Box unless I had a time machine & could go back to 1978 or before. Preferably the 1972 tour.

I'm pretty much with you though I'd personally go for a 1965-67 show with the full original lineup.

I saw 4 shows this year and I beg to differ but though I enjoyed the shows, for me it just isn't the same without Charlie. At 2 original members and 10 odd backup musicians they're a very different entity. That said,if they venture my way again (UK), I'll be there.

Date: November 1, 2022 01:17

crholmstrom

Hey CR, you may/may not know the famous pic of Keith posing next to the sign saying Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First was taken at SeaTac Airport on the 72 tour day after starting the tour up in Vancouver.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:30

I'd go with the concert ticket if I could pick the year....but currently, no. I'd pick the mono box in a heartbeat.

Date: November 1, 2022 01:43

DGA35
crholmstrom

Hey CR, you may/may not know the famous pic of Keith posing next to the sign saying Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First was taken at SeaTac Airport on the 72 tour day after starting the tour up in Vancouver.

No, it was taken at Boeing Field where I worked up until I had to retire 3 years ago! Private flights & charters use that instead of SeaTac. It's where flight test & developmental are headquartered for Boeing. There's a small airport (King County International) there that has customs & such. They flew in from Vancouver & that picture was taken in the customs waiting area.smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2022 02:08

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

No, it was taken at Boeing Field where I worked up until I had to retire 3 years ago! Private flights & charters use that instead of SeaTac. It's where flight test & developmental are headquartered for Boeing. There's a small airport (King County International) there that has customs & such. They flew in from Vancouver & that picture was taken in the customs waiting area.smileys with beer

I stand corrected!! I knew it was in Seattle so I assumed SeaTac. Don't you usually do the NFL posts? Seahawks are doing better than I thought.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:26

Ticket. I could always get the Boxset some other time but it might be the last time I see them and the memory of the show regardless if it’s the last time or not I’ll have for the span of my life and that’s worth more than $400.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:28

Box Set and buy a lucky Dip.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:30

Neither. $50 for a Lucky Dip ticket and download the box set for free.

That's just how I roll.smoking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:33

Ticket and it isn't even close!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 1, 2022 04:11

Ticket FOR SURE!

Date: November 1, 2022 04:54

DGA35
crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

I stand corrected!! I knew it was in Seattle so I assumed SeaTac. Don't you usually do the NFL posts? Seahawks are doing better than I thought.

Ya, I dropped the ball so to speak on the football thread. I wasn't expecting anything out of the Hawks this year. I've had a lot of bad stuff going on with my health & it takes a lot of my time. That, & I'm pretty much exhausted all the time. It looks like I'm heading for some major surgery late in the year or early next year. I have a lot of hoops to go through first though with Medicare. First one is happening Wednesday but that's more of a bandage than anything else. I actually have that picture of Keith on a tshirt & also on a poster in my living room. The band Guided by Voices changed it so the sign is advertising a gig. My copy is signed, so kind of cool. Would be cooler if Keith signed it too!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:19

Irix
treaclefingers

You could also listen to the Mono-Box via Streaming, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com] - and spend the little money on a Rolling Stones LD-Ticket.

I'm tactile...need me the vinyl

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 1, 2022 06:17

neither i don't have $400 to spend on anything except food and utilities

however if they released the albums in mono on vinyl individually i'd make a effort to collect those

but i already have good copies of most of the original mono releases from the sixties so not a priority

still be nice to have satanic majesties on vinyl in mono

plus i already have good copies of the original box set thanks to the library

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 06:19 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 1, 2022 08:43

I'll just buy hyphens for the 400 and get a Show-Ticket-RS-Mono-Box-Set-Mick-Jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 08:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:04

Easy for me .... ticket. I already have the mono box set

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:04

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 09:05 by Stone601.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:09

8 Lucky Dip in different cities
Sici

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:25

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

I love this site!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:00

Topi

I'll just buy hyphens for the 400 and get a Show-Ticket-RS-Mono-Box-Set-Mick-Jagger.

Yeah, and then relocate to Stoke-on-Trent or Stratford-upon-Avon, state-of-the-art. winking smiley

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:30

Depends on the setlist and the venue. If it were a club-show or a rather small Arena show (20.000 approx) with a a-typical setlist, I'd go for that.

If it's a ticket for a warhorse-filled stadium show, then it's a Mono boxset for me baby!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 10:31 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:12

ribbelchips
Depends on the setlist and the venue. If it were a club-show or a rather small Arena show (20.000 approx) with a a-typical setlist, I'd go for that.

If it's a ticket for a warhorse-filled stadium show, then it's a Mono boxset for me baby!

That's changing the parameters Mr Chips ,

Half of the folks round here would swap our house and/or the missus for a club show ticket grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home