Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: You have $400 to spend. A Rolling Stones ticket OR a new RS MONO Box Set?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 1, 2022 12:30

I won't spend $400 on anything by the Rolling Stones (except they do a show in my backyard)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:51

slewan
I won't spend $400 on anything by the Rolling Stones (except they do a show in my backyard)

So...in a very roundabout way you've answered the question...a Ticket.

LOOK PEOPLE...let's say YOU'RE GIVEN the $400 with one proviso, you spend it on EITHER an RS ticket to a show, a regular not bad/pretty good seat, OR, a Mono Vinyl box set (you know, the one with the pretty coloured vinyl that isn't actually issued...yet).

That's your choice does not include using the money for a lucky dip and the Velvet Underground AND Abbey Road Box Sets.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:55

treaclefingers
slewan

LOOK PEOPLE...let's say YOU'RE GIVEN the $400 with one proviso, you spend it on EITHER an RS ticket to a show, a regular not bad/pretty good seat, OR, a Mono Vinyl box set (you know, the one with the pretty coloured vinyl that isn't actually issued...yet).

That's your choice does not include using the money for a lucky dip and the Velvet Underground AND Abbey Road Box Sets.
Wrong. Abbey Road vs. Let It Bleed was a question in 2019. You must be thinking about Revolver.

Date: November 1, 2022 17:00

ironbelly
treaclefingers
slewan

Wrong. Abbey Road vs. Let It Bleed was a question in 2019. You must be thinking about Revolver.

No...YOU'RE WRONG! Abbey Road vs. LIB was a question in 1969.

Get with the millenium you stamp collector!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 1, 2022 17:07

Wondering how much I could get for the ticket

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 17:11

I'd offer the $400 to Mick and Keith to finish the new album - C'mon boys - that's $200 each! Cold hard cash!

Date: November 1, 2022 17:20

Natlanta

I love the attempted 'work-around' the rules! But you could also ask yourself, how much could I get for the Box...which for the 2016 Box set is upwards of $2000.

OK...further addendum. You HAVE to go to the show, or you HAVE to keep the box set (for at least 5 years after which you can spin out for a profit).

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 1, 2022 19:42

treaclefingers
Natlanta

I love the attempted 'work-around' the rules! But you could also ask yourself, how much could I get for the Box...which for the 2016 Box set is upwards of $2000.

OK...further addendum. You HAVE to go to the show, or you HAVE to keep the box set (for at least 5 years after which you can spin out for a profit).

Is the ticket $400 face value?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2022 19:57

How much $$$ you been offered for all this data treacle ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 1, 2022 20:09

Rockman

Conspiracy theorist, or comedian?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 1, 2022 21:44

Since I already have the Mono CD box and I'm not into vinyl or other fancy packages, I'll take the ticket.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: November 1, 2022 22:02

Ticket please

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 1, 2022 22:14

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom
Mono Box unless I had a time machine & could go back to 1978 or before. Preferably the 1972 tour.

Hey CR, you may/may not know the famous pic of Keith posing next to the sign saying Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First was taken at SeaTac Airport on the 72 tour day after starting the tour up in Vancouver.

No, it was taken at Boeing Field where I worked up until I had to retire 3 years ago! Private flights & charters use that instead of SeaTac. It's where flight test & developmental are headquartered for Boeing. There's a small airport (King County International) there that has customs & such. They flew in from Vancouver & that picture was taken in the customs waiting area.smileys with beer

Cool!!! I’ve been at the airport where that famous photo was taken. You brightened up my day with this story!!

(The Boeing tour is a cool thing to catch)

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 1, 2022 22:34

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-07 17:44 by Kurt.

Date: November 1, 2022 23:16

Rockman

What a typically Aussie attitude. No wonder you're 'down under'!

Here I am, busting my hump trying to gather a little data for ABKCO and the boys to determine veracity of 'product vs. experiential' info used to maximize their profit potential in various markets, and here you go trying to blow me up.

What about you and the royalties you live off with Some Kinda Stones Connections?

Huh? What about that?

Just trying to make a dishonest living here man!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 2, 2022 00:15

treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers
slewan

My fault. Wrong wording. I was talking about box sets of Abbey Road and Let It Bleed from 2019.

Talking about 'stamps'. Here is one for you. Usually it costs more than $400 (if you'd ever came across that Golden Price Sticker)

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: November 2, 2022 00:33

Definetely the ticket.
There's no point in physical stuff fo me, opposed to memories of a great night with the band playing on stage.

Date: November 2, 2022 01:28

ironbelly
treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers
slewan

My fault. Wrong wording. I was talking about box sets of Abbey Road and Let It Bleed from 2019.

Talking about 'stamps'. Here is one for you. Usually it costs more than $400 (if you'd ever came across that Golden Price Sticker)

hmmm...Ain't No Use In Crying I don't have that version.

A couple of original sealed vinyls with hype stickers though!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 2, 2022 02:55

treaclefingers
I'm tactile...
Me, too.smiling smiley

Go buy Mono Box absolutely.
2002 ABKCO sacd Box & 2016 Mono Box are lares and penates.

Date: November 2, 2022 04:36

Toru A
treaclefingers
I'm tactile...
Me, too.smiling smiley

Go buy Mono Box absolutely.
2002 ABKCO sacd Box & 2016 Mono Box are lares and penates.

Lovely...thanks for sharing that. I mean, how can you not like that? Once you've seen the Stones 10 times, 20 times, what is the margin utility of seeing them one more time at an inflated price.

The tours and songs start to blend in my memory...all I really remember is I had a great time. But having your little library at home...you get to see and hear it every day if you want.

Toru, are you strictly digital or do you collect vinyl as well?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2022 05:27

What a typically Aussie attitude. No wonder you're 'down under'!

Oh dear treacle ...

I lurv hangin' out down under more than anywhere else .... HHHhaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 2, 2022 05:42

Ticket. I love the energy at their concerts. I am not a collector of stuff. I don’t need or want to have every release of every record or box set, mono, whatever. I enjoy listening to all the music I’ve already got, but a live show is just so much fun. I love seeing all the fans and meeting up with friends I’ve made at concerts over the decades. A Stones concert is a very special and unmatched experience for me. Ticket hands down.

Date: November 2, 2022 06:04

JadedFaded
Ticket. I love the energy at their concerts. I am not a collector of stuff. I don’t need or want to have every release of every record or box set, mono, whatever. I enjoy listening to all the music I’ve already got, but a live show is just so much fun. I love seeing all the fans and meeting up with friends I’ve made at concerts over the decades. A Stones concert is a very special and unmatched experience for me. Ticket hands down.

And so I love all of that as well, and I've once spent $450 on a ticket, my most ever, in 2005. I then decided that was too much and I wasn't going to do that again. And since then I've been able to enjoy Lucky Dip shows...for some reason I just can't justify the expense for something so fleeting.

But I'm a vinyl & digital collector of the highest, or near highest order. As Rockman would say, lurv it!

Date: November 2, 2022 07:06

treaclefingers
Lovely...thanks for sharing that. I mean, how can you not like that? Once you've seen the Stones 10 times, 20 times, what is the margin utility of seeing them one more time at an inflated price.

The tours and songs start to blend in my memory...all I really remember is I had a great time. But having your little library at home...you get to see and hear it every day if you want.

Drum sounds in a live show, for example, cannot be reproduced by any audio set or high-res files.
I went to Bruno Mars concert on Sunday and reconfirmed of this.
Over time, I don't remember stage gimmicks like Vari-Lite, laser beams and Pyro but it's strange that the sound of drums stays in my head for long.

However, I think Aftermath in the mono box will give you 180 degrees different impression.

As for the Stones, I think I have all the vinyls, but I'm a goldbricker by nature, so I tend to choose media that can use the remote controller.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 2, 2022 11:27

Toru A
treaclefingers

Drum sounds in a live show, for example, cannot be reproduced by any audio set or high-res files.
Over time, I don't remember stage gimmicks like Vari-Lite, laser beams and Pyro but it's strange that the sound of drums stays in my head for long.

However, I think Aftermath in the mono box will give you 180 degrees different impression.

As for the Stones, I think I have all the vinyls, but I'm a goldbricker by nature, so I tend to choose media that can use the remote controller.

they did make remote controlled turntables you knowwinking smiley

Date: November 2, 2022 17:38

ProfessorWolf
Toru A
treaclefingers

Not sure if Toru owns a robot that could carefully remove the vinyl from it's jacket and sleeve, place on the table, wipe any dust with the appropriate brush, and then start the 'automatic' turntable, lather, rinse, repeat for ongoing listening enjoyment...but if he does, great advice!

Date: November 3, 2022 02:19

video: [www.youtube.com]

eyes pop out of our heads!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 3, 2022 07:37

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Toru A
treaclefingers

Not sure if Toru owns a robot that could carefully remove the vinyl from it's jacket and sleeve, place on the table, wipe any dust with the appropriate brush, and then start the 'automatic' turntable, lather, rinse, repeat for ongoing listening enjoyment...but if he does, great advice!

well this one won't clean the record or place it on the tray

but it is a tray loader with 2 stylus that will play both sides of the record with out the need to flip it

but i don't know if capable of being remote controlled

ebay

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 3, 2022 15:18

Ticket any time, I don’t care about Mono Box sets at all, not the least with old stuff. Give me STEREO!!

Edited this after a good remark of treaclefingers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-03 20:44 by Christiaan.

Date: November 3, 2022 16:03

Christiaan
Ticket any time, I don’t care about Mono Box sets at all, not the least with old stuff. Give me STREREO!!

Is STREREO like, REALLY WIDE Stereo?

I'd be up for a box set of STREREO!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home