Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
You have $400 to spend. A Rolling Stones ticket OR a new RS MONO Box Set?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2022 23:34

You can't get both, you can't buy a $25 Lucky dip and borrow $25 to buy the box set. The ticket to the show would be wherever, clearly not in the pit.

You only have $400 in discretionary income, and you have to choose ONE or the OTHER...you can't buy a Paul McCartney ticket or a Revolver Box Set.

I've struggled a bit with this one, but for me, I'd buy the MONO box set.

Heresy I know...or maybe not?

WHAT

SAY

YOU?!

Re: You have $400 to spend. A Rolling Stones ticket OR a new RS MONO Box Set?
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 31, 2022 23:55

Show Time!

T@3

Date: October 31, 2022 23:55

Ticket. Don't care about Stones material things like box sets.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:10

Ticket!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:31

Ticket - no contest!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:36

Mono Box unless I had a time machine & could go back to 1978 or before. Preferably the 1972 tour.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:47

Easy one for me: Ticket!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:50

Ticket! I'll borrow your box set later!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:50

treaclefingers

You could also listen to the Mono-Box via Streaming, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com] - and spend the little money on a Rolling Stones LD-Ticket.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:52

crholmstrom
Mono Box unless I had a time machine & could go back to 1978 or before. Preferably the 1972 tour.

I'm pretty much with you though I'd personally go for a 1965-67 show with the full original lineup.

I saw 4 shows this year and I beg to differ but though I enjoyed the shows, for me it just isn't the same without Charlie. At 2 original members and 10 odd backup musicians they're a very different entity. That said,if they venture my way again (UK), I'll be there.

Date: November 1, 2022 01:17

crholmstrom

Hey CR, you may/may not know the famous pic of Keith posing next to the sign saying Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First was taken at SeaTac Airport on the 72 tour day after starting the tour up in Vancouver.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:30

I'd go with the concert ticket if I could pick the year....but currently, no. I'd pick the mono box in a heartbeat.

Date: November 1, 2022 01:43

DGA35
crholmstrom

Hey CR, you may/may not know the famous pic of Keith posing next to the sign saying Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First was taken at SeaTac Airport on the 72 tour day after starting the tour up in Vancouver.

No, it was taken at Boeing Field where I worked up until I had to retire 3 years ago! Private flights & charters use that instead of SeaTac. It's where flight test & developmental are headquartered for Boeing. There's a small airport (King County International) there that has customs & such. They flew in from Vancouver & that picture was taken in the customs waiting area.smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2022 02:08

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

No, it was taken at Boeing Field where I worked up until I had to retire 3 years ago! Private flights & charters use that instead of SeaTac. It's where flight test & developmental are headquartered for Boeing. There's a small airport (King County International) there that has customs & such. They flew in from Vancouver & that picture was taken in the customs waiting area.smileys with beer

I stand corrected!! I knew it was in Seattle so I assumed SeaTac. Don't you usually do the NFL posts? Seahawks are doing better than I thought.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:26

Ticket. I could always get the Boxset some other time but it might be the last time I see them and the memory of the show regardless if it’s the last time or not I’ll have for the span of my life and that’s worth more than $400.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:28

Box Set and buy a lucky Dip.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:30

Neither. $50 for a Lucky Dip ticket and download the box set for free.

That's just how I roll.smoking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 03:33

Ticket and it isn't even close!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 1, 2022 04:11

Ticket FOR SURE!

Date: November 1, 2022 04:54

DGA35
crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

I stand corrected!! I knew it was in Seattle so I assumed SeaTac. Don't you usually do the NFL posts? Seahawks are doing better than I thought.

Ya, I dropped the ball so to speak on the football thread. I wasn't expecting anything out of the Hawks this year. I've had a lot of bad stuff going on with my health & it takes a lot of my time. That, & I'm pretty much exhausted all the time. It looks like I'm heading for some major surgery late in the year or early next year. I have a lot of hoops to go through first though with Medicare. First one is happening Wednesday but that's more of a bandage than anything else. I actually have that picture of Keith on a tshirt & also on a poster in my living room. The band Guided by Voices changed it so the sign is advertising a gig. My copy is signed, so kind of cool. Would be cooler if Keith signed it too!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:19

Irix
treaclefingers

You could also listen to the Mono-Box via Streaming, e.g.: [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com] - and spend the little money on a Rolling Stones LD-Ticket.

I'm tactile...need me the vinyl

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 1, 2022 06:17

neither i don't have $400 to spend on anything except food and utilities

however if they released the albums in mono on vinyl individually i'd make a effort to collect those

but i already have good copies of most of the original mono releases from the sixties so not a priority

still be nice to have satanic majesties on vinyl in mono

plus i already have good copies of the original box set thanks to the library

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 06:19 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 1, 2022 08:43

I'll just buy hyphens for the 400 and get a Show-Ticket-RS-Mono-Box-Set-Mick-Jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 08:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:04

Easy for me .... ticket. I already have the mono box set

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:04

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 09:05 by Stone601.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:09

8 Lucky Dip in different cities
Sici

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:25

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom

I love this site!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:00

Topi

I'll just buy hyphens for the 400 and get a Show-Ticket-RS-Mono-Box-Set-Mick-Jagger.

Yeah, and then relocate to Stoke-on-Trent or Stratford-upon-Avon, state-of-the-art. winking smiley

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:30

Depends on the setlist and the venue. If it were a club-show or a rather small Arena show (20.000 approx) with a a-typical setlist, I'd go for that.

If it's a ticket for a warhorse-filled stadium show, then it's a Mono boxset for me baby!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 10:31 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:12

ribbelchips
Depends on the setlist and the venue. If it were a club-show or a rather small Arena show (20.000 approx) with a a-typical setlist, I'd go for that.

If it's a ticket for a warhorse-filled stadium show, then it's a Mono boxset for me baby!

That's changing the parameters Mr Chips ,

Half of the folks round here would swap our house and/or the missus for a club show ticket grinning smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home