Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LP Got Live If You Want It question
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: October 26, 2022 12:41

When the copyright protections were issued they had a “bleep” added, which when removed revealed some fantastic sounding tracks.

Is it possible to remove the audience screaming on the GLIYWI. LP, leaving only the performance (yes I know some tracks are studio outtakes)?

If someone was able to achieve this and post it that would be great.

Re: LP Got Live If You Want It question
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 26, 2022 13:14

You should ask for this the guys that prepared Get Back video for the other, lesser known beat band from Liverpool, you know, the one with dead bass player winking smiley.

Date: October 26, 2022 13:38

That's a very good idea Ironbelly.

Do you have a contact number ??

I was of course originally thinking of someone perhaps from this web site.
The people who removed the copyright protection bleeps did a very very good job and might be interested in this as a project.

To hear a "clean" 1966 live Stones' concert would be great, particularly because I was there.

Alternatively if anyone has Giles Martin's phone number or email........let me know.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 26, 2022 16:01

Kingbeebuzz
...particularly because I was there...

That's amazing! Care to share the story? Were you a fan already? Your first Stones show? Who got the tickets? Where did you sit (stand)? Do you remember the show?

Date: October 26, 2022 16:26

LeonidP.........I meant I was there in 1966, but not where GLIYWI was recorded.

I went to the 1st show in Birmingham, England in October 1966. Ike & Tina Turner Revue, and The Yardbirds (with both Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck in the band).
My mother took a day off work and went into Birmingham by train and queued at the Odeon Theatre box office for the tickets. It was all seated in a theatre, sitting in the stalls about 25 rows back from the stage. The whole show was great, but those were still the days when the girls all screamed at the stage. Seeing Brian playing the dulcimer on "Lady Jane" and hearing "Paint It Black" live were highlights.

That was not my first Stones show. I first saw and heard of the Stones when they made their first TV appearance with "Come On".......they looked and sounded so different,..... I was hooked from the start.

My first Stones' concert was in Rugby, England in March 1965 and that is still the best Stones' concert I have ever been to......but thats another story.

I have posted about that concert on iorr some years ago, so you may be able to find it if you search.

Date: October 26, 2022 16:49

Kingbeebuzz
... I meant I was there in 1966, but not where GLIYWI was recorded.

I went to the 1st show in Birmingham, England in October 1966. ...

Ah ok. Still great story! I'm sure you told some of your Stones history before but I suppose I missed them. I've always wondered how many were fans in the beginning and still stick around on the forums. To me, you're a legend!

BTW, I started in '78 (or was it '79?), never really knew of the Stones (I was into Jim Croce, ELO, Kiss), and then saw the Stones make their SNL appearance - Shattered is the one that started my Stones journey.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 26, 2022 16:56

Kingbeebuzz
LeonidP.........I meant I was there in 1966, but not where GLIYWI was recorded.

I went to the 1st show in Birmingham, England in October 1966. Ike & Tina Turner Revue, and The Yardbirds (with both Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck in the band).
My mother took a day off work and went into Birmingham by train and queued at the Odeon Theatre box office for the tickets. It was all seated in a theatre, sitting in the stalls about 25 rows back from the stage. The whole show was great, but those were still the days when the girls all screamed at the stage. Seeing Brian playing the dulcimer on "Lady Jane" and hearing "Paint It Black" live were highlights.

That was not my first Stones show. I first saw and heard of the Stones when they made their first TV appearance with "Come On".......they looked and sounded so different,..... I was hooked from the start.

My first Stones' concert was in Rugby, England in March 1965 and that is still the best Stones' concert I have ever been to......but thats another story.

I have posted about that concert on iorr some years ago, so you may be able to find it if you search.

Hi, Kingbeebuzz. I don't suppose you recollect anything about their performance? It must've been the dual-lead guitar line-up, as Page would've switched from bass by this point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2022 17:52

This whole era is sadly underrepresented in terms of LIVE output. It would be great if the band and ABKCO could come together to agree on releasing whatever live material they may be able to package.

Not sure what the demand would be for this time period but from a historical perspective it would be great. But I know the accountants aren't overly concerned about the "historical perspective".

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2022 09:42

treaclefingers
This whole era is sadly underrepresented in terms of LIVE output. It would be great if the band and ABKCO could come together to agree on releasing whatever live material they may be able to package.

Not sure what the demand would be for this time period but from a historical perspective it would be great. But I know the accountants aren't overly concerned about the "historical perspective".

They always need product. I think that's how we finally got the BBC released. That was helped immensely by forward strides in technology. I imagine the same could be done for various mid-60s live Stones, the '66 American tour, the '67 Europe.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 27, 2022 14:51

Kingbeebuzz
That's a very good idea Ironbelly.

Do you have a contact number ??

I was of course originally thinking of someone perhaps from this web site.
The people who removed the copyright protection bleeps did a very very good job and might be interested in this as a project.

To hear a "clean" 1966 live Stones' concert would be great, particularly because I was there.

Alternatively if anyone has Giles Martin's phone number or email........let me know.

Actually, the phone number you want is Peter Jackson's. It was "his" people who developed the technology to separate the already mixed instruments on a track.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: October 27, 2022 15:11

Found this, from KingBeeBuzz

Early evening on 13th March 1965. I walk into a theatre in Rugby, England and sit in the stalls about 25 rows from the front of the stage. It is my first live "pop" concert.

The show is in two halves Sounds Incorporated play instrumentals and are boring. The Hollies come on. They've had some chart hits and are good. Many girls around me scream at them. The interval arrives and a "fire curtain" has to be lowered by Law.

Second half and its Goldie and the Gingerbreads, an all girl American group who are not memorable but attractive. They leave the stage and the compere tries to tell some jokes. But he cannot be heard as people are starting to shout and girls are screaming. Some people stand up and the atmosphere in the small theatre has suddenly changed. People are waiting for something, they are excited and so am I.

The crowd start to chant and it spreads throughout the theatre. "We want the Stones. We want the Stones". The place is electric and slightly threatening. Something is going to happen soon.

The curtains part and the whole theatre erupts. A wave of sound comes from the stage and it is loud. It is the Rolling Stones and they are good. Very good.

The bass guitar can be felt through the floor. Everyone is standing up. Jagger works the audience and girls are feinting and being carried out.

"Down the Road Apiece", "Route 66", the beat is absolutely solid and keith's guitar breaks are fast and accurate. Charlie speaks and its "Little Red Rooster". Brian is in front of me and his slide playing is sublime. I am hooked on blues for life. A peardrop guitar appears, "Its Alright" and the theatre in this small, quiet English town nearly looses its roof. The audience, men and women, have finally lost any inhibitions and the shouting and screaming almost drowns the music. But the music has captured everyone, including the Stones. They were born for this music and are now lost in it too. Not many other bands are truely like that. This scruffy bunch of lads on stage don't give a toss and now neither does the audience. This is a magic moment and time stands still for me. I feel happy, I am floating, I feel free.

This was the real effect of the Rolling Stones in the early sixties. They helped change attitudes and liberated peoples thinking and behaviour in a country rigid, intolerant, inhibited and class ridden.

But more than that. They made fantastic, unique music. When I walked out of the theatre after the Stones had left the stage and the compulsory playing of "God Save the Queen", I had my life before me and I was a different person.

43 years later the gift they gave me that evening is still with me. Everytime I hear sixties Stones music it really is as if I am hearing it for the first time. Nothing compares to those early concerts with Brian and Stu and Bill. The music was raw, real and literally in your face. The Stones were not performing it as entertainers in the entertainment industry, they were living and feeling it.

Whatever happens in my life I have the music of the Rolling Stones to help me through and I am grateful to them. Thankyou.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 15:12 by mattstones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2022 15:35

24FPS
treaclefingers

They always need product. I think that's how we finally got the BBC released. That was helped immensely by forward strides in technology. I imagine the same could be done for various mid-60s live Stones, the '66 American tour, the '67 Europe.

The "what the hell are they waiting for?" question needs to be answered if they're able to package and release this material.

It's not like waiting another 10 years is going to increase pent up demand at this point given a diminishing pool of prospective buyers, plus the time value of money in terms of getting the revenue now vs. later.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: October 27, 2022 16:46

LeonidP
Kingbeebuzz

Ah ok. Still great story! I'm sure you told some of your Stones history before but I suppose I missed them. I've always wondered how many were fans in the beginning and still stick around on the forums. To me, you're a legend!

BTW, I started in '78 (or was it '79?), never really knew of the Stones (I was into Jim Croce, ELO, Kiss), and then saw the Stones make their SNL appearance - Shattered is the one that started my Stones journey.

I really enjoy reading how diehard fans like me first became enamored with the Stones and their music, especially the ones that arrived after the 62-72 era or far into the so-called post 89 Vegas era. I started like many with the British Invasion as a pre-teen in Michigan USA. At first they were just another group amidst the crowd of blues/beat/pop invaders. I became hooked with It's All Over now with in-your-face vocals and guitars.

HBK

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 27, 2022 17:25

The fake crowd noise totally ruins the great performances for me. Seems like some of it is on a loop, which makes it extra hard to get over. Totally terrible idea to add fake crowd noises. I'd buy one without the noise, for sure.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2022 17:37

NashvilleBlues
The fake crowd noise totally ruins the great performances for me. Seems like some of it is on a loop, which makes it extra hard to get over. Totally terrible idea to add fake crowd noises. I'd buy one without the noise, for sure.

I wonder how many people to this day still think its live? I had an argument with a friend of mine that insisted Benny And The Jets is live because of the crowd noise. Sometimes its like talking to a wall.

Date: October 28, 2022 05:13

HouseBoyKnows
LeonidP
Kingbeebuzz

I really enjoy reading how diehard fans like me first became enamored with the Stones and their music, especially the ones that arrived after the 62-72 era or far into the so-called post 89 Vegas era. I started like many with the British Invasion as a pre-teen in Michigan USA. At first they were just another group amidst the crowd of blues/beat/pop invaders. I became hooked with It's All Over now with in-your-face vocals and guitars.

HBK

There's nothing like hearing from you guys that were they before they were huge. When I started reading books/stories of events such as their early hits (It's All Over Now! Little Red Rooster! Satisfaction!), arrests, Brian's exit and subsequent death, Altamont, etc., I could never fully imagine what it would have been like to experience the feelings & emotions fans had, following them through that portion of Stones history.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home