Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: David Bowie 1983 - Newly found Pro Shot Video from Australia
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 26, 2022 02:25

Well this was 6 days before his Mega Show in Auckland New Zealand, the Final date in Australia at The Showgrounds in Sydney. What a treasure.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: David Bowie 1983 - Newly found Pro Shot Video from Australia
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 26, 2022 02:38

Nice, Thank you!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 26, 2022 02:39

awesome!!!eye popping smiley

thank you

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 26, 2022 05:40

This is really great and it loses a lot of the cheese of the official release. I like it a lot

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 07:21

This tour was the first concert ever in the newly opened BC Place in Vancouver a couple months prior. I would imagine it was identical to this show.

Date: October 26, 2022 07:40

coffeepotman
This is really great and it loses a lot of the cheese of the official release. I like it a lot

I absolutely agree and it's complete. Hopefully there are others but this is just great

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 26, 2022 09:03

Thanks! What a great performance.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 26, 2022 14:40

....chills.....anyone see Moonage DayDream?...I keep hearing the documentary is epic.

Date: October 26, 2022 15:47

DGA35
This tour was the first concert ever in the newly opened BC Place in Vancouver a couple months prior. I would imagine it was identical to this show.

Likewise with the newly opened Tacoma Dome. The first of a lot of Bowie shows for me. I actually got to meet him briefly in 1990. I got bragging rights on meeting Bowie, Keith & Neil Young!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 27, 2022 01:25

Amazing the whole concert is there (unlike the official Vancouver 83 release).

Interesting camera angles. Sound is passable, but definitely 'B' grade mono.

Not necessarily a bad thing because you can see more of the band, but the light show is not as effective in the daylight. Only towards the end do you get a sense of it.

Now we just need the full proshot Hong Kong 83 show to surface (and whatever else may be out there).

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: October 27, 2022 01:36

Rip This
....chills.....anyone see Moonage DayDream?...I keep hearing the documentary is epic.

A must to see. I assure you. and great soundtrack.

Date: October 27, 2022 01:39

SKILLS
Well this was 6 days before his Mega Show in Auckland New Zealand, the Final date in Australia at The Showgrounds in Sydney. What a treasure.

[www.youtube.com]

You`re right, a treasure from 1983
Thanks

Date: October 27, 2022 02:30

crholmstrom
DGA35

Likewise with the newly opened Tacoma Dome. The first of a lot of Bowie shows for me. I actually got to meet him briefly in 1990. I got bragging rights on meeting Bowie, Keith & Neil Young!

Nice! AC/DC would have been one of the first to play Tacoma dome because they opened the 83 tour in Vancouver in Oct 83 then I believe Tacoma was the next show. Saw Bowie in 1990 in Vancouver, I remember the crowd was very loud! Sound and Vision tour, only time I saw him.

Date: October 27, 2022 03:59

DGA35
crholmstrom
DGA35

Nice! AC/DC would have been one of the first to play Tacoma dome because they opened the 83 tour in Vancouver in Oct 83 then I believe Tacoma was the next show. Saw Bowie in 1990 in Vancouver, I remember the crowd was very loud! Sound and Vision tour, only time I saw him.

I was in Vancouver for that one. Awesome show!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 27, 2022 05:55

Can’t say I have ever been a dedicated fan of Bowie, but I saw him four times (including Tin Machine), and the Serious Moonlight Tour was the first one for me. That, together with the following Glass Spider Tour, was Bowie’s ‘Vegas era’, so to speak — but I thoroughly enjoyed the show at the 5,000-capacity gymnasium in Osaka, 27 October, 1983, David Bowie as an entertainer at his best. A nice memory.

Can’t believe 39 years have passed since then. And he is no longer with us. Sad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 06:06 by RisingStone.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 27, 2022 06:38

Killer intro from Mr. Slick on Golden Years...

I love The Stones but consider myself very lucky to have seen Bowie 3 times.

His '95 Outside tour with Nine Inch Nails opening was truly one of the most unique shows I've ever seen... Bowie joined NIN near the end of their set... then Bowie's band joined them... then NIN all moved off with Reznor staying with Bowie and band... then Reznor departed... no set change, just a brilliant presentation from a true trend-setter!

A tremendous loss when he left us...

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 27, 2022 08:41

wow, where'd this come from? saw two shows that tour and forever grateful to have heard Station To Station live with Slick and Alomar.. The Vancouver show Peter Gabriel opened and that show was wild, we passed him overhead by hands etc

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 27, 2022 10:09

Rip This

I really loved it. It was on at my local cinema for two weeks and I saw it three times. Took a friend on one occasion who said he felt "assaulted" which was a reference to the fast moving collage of scenes so maybe it's not for everyone. For the diehard fan there is never seen before footage of The Jean Genie at Hammersmith in 1973 with Jeff Beck. Personally I felt it did a really good job of following his career via footage and interview clips. It is neither a concert film nor documentary but something in between.

Date: October 27, 2022 14:28

TKinOH
Killer intro from Mr. Slick on Golden Years...

I love The Stones but consider myself very lucky to have seen Bowie 3 times.

His '95 Outside tour with Nine Inch Nails opening was truly one of the most unique shows I've ever seen... Bowie joined NIN near the end of their set... then Bowie's band joined them... then NIN all moved off with Reznor staying with Bowie and band... then Reznor departed... no set change, just a brilliant presentation from a true trend-setter!

A tremendous loss when he left us...

Out of hundreds of concerts that I've seen the Outside show was the best one I ever saw by anyone. Back in those pre-internet days it was a surprise when the bands gradually changed. Bowie's version of "Hurt" was brilliant as was Trent's "Scary Monsters".

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: October 27, 2022 18:55

SKILLS

[www.youtube.com]

has someone this as WAV music file

Posted by: Swayed ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:35

Story behind this video.

Back in 1983, I was working in a One-hour photo lab in Sydney, Australia and we would often have crew from the Sydney Entertainment Centre come by to drop off films to be processed. Over time I got to know some of the camera crew that were used to shoot the video that would be projected onto the sight screens at the side of the stage.

When Bowie came to Sydney, these guys were hired to do the same thing at the Sydney Showgrounds for his final two concerts. This was video only, as it was to be shown live on the side screens. However, I was told that for the final concert a Sony U-Matic video recorder was used to record the show and a mono mic was connected to capture the audio. This was for personal use only. When I was told about this on the following Monday by one of their crew, I asked if it was possible to get a copy. The guy said that I could drop by with a VCR and make one, which I did with a Sony Betamax the following day. Weeks later when I saw one of the crew and thanked them again, he told me that they couldn’t find the original tape and he thought it possible it had been recorded over (!!??) also, he didn’t think there were any other copies made. As such, I probably had the only copy in existence.

The tape has been with me for 39 years and I finally got around to getting it transferred to digital file recently. I have remastered the basic mono audio to bring it out as much as possible, but apart from that, the footage is as it was.

After seeing it I knew I had to share it, so I released it to YouTube track by track and now I have uploaded the full concert.
[youtu.be]

Date: October 31, 2022 04:15

Dorn
SKILLS

[www.youtube.com]

i'll post it on thursday with a dvd too

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2022 06:04

DGA35

I sadly missed that show...at University in Victoria.

Date: October 31, 2022 20:37

treaclefingers
DGA35

I sadly missed that show...at University in Victoria.

I didn't go but my older sister went. I remember within weeks, Bowie, Supertramp w/Bryan Adams and Simon and Garfunkel all played there. Then in 84 Jacksons Victory tour did 3 shows.

Date: November 1, 2022 02:15

ProfessorWolf
Dorn
SKILLS

[www.youtube.com]

i'll post it on thursday with a dvd too

smileys with beer

OT: David Bowie 1983 - Story behind Pro Shot Video from Australia
Posted by: Swayed ()
Date: October 31, 2022 01:46

Back in 1983, I was working in a One-hour photo lab in Sydney Australia and we would often have crew from the Sydney Entertainment Centre come by to drop off films to be processed. Over time I got to know some of the camera crew that would shoot the video that would be projected onto the sight screens at the side of the stage.

When Bowie came to Sydney, these guys were hired to do the same thing at the Sydney Showgrounds for his final two concerts. This was video only, as it was to be shown live on the side screens. However, I was told that for the final concert a Sony U-Matic video recorder was used to record the show and a mono mic was connected to capture the audio. This was for personal use only. When I was told about this on the following Monday by one of their crew, I asked if it was possible to get a copy. The guy said that I could drop by with a VCR and make one, which I did with a Sony Betamax the following day. Weeks later when I saw one of the crew and thanked them again, he told me that they couldn’t find the original tape and he thought it possible it had been recorded over (!!??) also, he didn’t think there were any other copies made. As such, I probably had the only copy in existence.

The tape has been with me for 39 years and I finally got around to getting it transferred to digital file recently. I have remastered the basic mono audio to bring it out more, but apart from that, the footage is as it was.

After seeing it I knew I had to share it, so I released it to YouTube track by track and now I have uploaded the full concert. [youtu.be]

"Thank you very much indeed, thank you very kindly"

Re: OT: David Bowie 1983 - Story behind Pro Shot Video from Australia
Date: October 31, 2022 03:53

I love you

Date: October 31, 2022 04:17

SKILLS
I love you

me too

wanna fight for swayed's affection?grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:04

Great job Swayed thanks.....................

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:11

Great job, thank you very much! And thanks for sharing the story about the tape.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home