Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

r'n'r circus workprint - alternate angles ...
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 23, 2022 20:20

hi,

alternate angles and mixes from rnr-circus ...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: r'n'r circus workprint - alternate angles ...
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 23, 2022 21:12

Thanks. Great.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 23, 2022 21:26

Thank you for sharing. That was fun to watch.

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: October 23, 2022 22:14

Nice to see on YT the VHS transfer I uploaded about 15 years ago smiling smiley
You could notice the audio has lower pitch in this version comparing to the official release. Wonder which version has true pitch...

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 23, 2022 22:27

You can hear 2 guitars at 2:20. One sounds like an acoustic which is strange.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 24, 2022 01:03

You can definitely hear the acoustic guitar in this, but I don't think it's the same as from the 25x5 video, which I've read here previously, was Keith overdubbing the acoustic afterwards. Perhaps this is Brian's actual guitar playing?
I remember buying the 25x5 VHS in 89 and then being surprised when I bought the R'n'R Circus VHS when it came out and the acoustic guitar was pretty much gone, or else buried so deep in the mix that it's inaudible.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 24, 2022 02:10

DGA35
You can definitely hear the acoustic guitar in this, but I don't think it's the same as from the 25x5 video, which I've read here previously, was Keith overdubbing the acoustic afterwards. Perhaps this is Brian's actual guitar playing?
I remember buying the 25x5 VHS in 89 and then being surprised when I bought the R'n'R Circus VHS when it came out and the acoustic guitar was pretty much gone, or else buried so deep in the mix that it's inaudible.
How can it be Brian on acoustic ,when he’s playing an electric?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 24, 2022 02:31

Awesome.....................HD+ version please ................grinning smiley

Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: October 24, 2022 03:33

lenchik
You could notice the audio has lower pitch in this version comparing to the official release. Wonder which version has true pitch...

I didn't know you were the one that originally transferred it from tape - I got it from my copy of the 'Stoned Again by the Rockers' DVD comp. I had tried to upload the whole workprint to YouTube but the video was rejected, but I figured the Stones section held the most interest.

Taylor1
DGA35
How can it be Brian on acoustic ,when he’s playing an electric?

It's definitely not Brian. There's pictures of Mick attempting to perform the acoustic part live, though I've never seen an actual video of that version:

I'm assuming the part was done after by Keith, though it could have been Mick. Strange to have it so prominently in the workprint, but I can't imagine any other way they'd have done it, i.e. playing to a backing track or whatnot.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 24, 2022 17:25

lenchik

The official release.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 24, 2022 17:28

The acoustic heard on this is the Keith overdub, same as 25x5 clip.

Mick did play acoustic live for the intro during an alternate take, but just basic C and F chords.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home