Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: No encore
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 24, 2022 04:35

crholmstrom
The Joker
On a similar topic

Keith's mini set inside a Stones show

. First: Happy during STP 1972. Mick stayed on stage, and half-stealed Keith's lead vocals. So you have Keith's material, and Mick doesn't stop fooling around. Brothers in arm. This goes until 1978 - Some Girls tour.

. 1981-82 : there is a rumour. Mick and Keith were so at odds that some clause in the contract would make Mick's exit compulsory during Keith' mini set.

. Modern area: Keith's mini set is not only a treat, but also an opportunity for Mick to rest. In fact, when Mick has some voice issue, Keith may play three songs instead of two.

I saw a show in Vancouver at the end of Bigger Bang where we got a 3 song Keith set. It was excellent!

Hey CR, I think this was the first time he did 3 songs? Hopefully we get to see another 3 song set next year!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2022 05:07

The *Vegas '16 show had a 3 song Keith set due to Mick being sick and unable to give it his all, and the entire setlist was still shortened down to only 18 songs.
The alternative would have been to cancel the show which probably would have been the right choice given Mick being so sick, but gotta give them credit for trying to make it work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-24 05:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: October 24, 2022 05:12

There was a magazine article about the Japanese promoters Rolling Stones Steel Wheels contract. Among the many clauses, The Stones had to play a submitted list of "hit" songs and one encore per concert.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 24, 2022 06:02

In his autobiography, Bill Bruford has a funny (?) story about a Crim show where not playing an encore resulted in a pound of liver being thrown onto the stage.

(Very recommendable book, not only because of the liver story.)

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 24, 2022 15:38

Zotz
There was a magazine article about the Japanese promoters Rolling Stones Steel Wheels contract. Among the many clauses, The Stones had to play a submitted list of "hit" songs and one encore per concert.

Here comes the age of fake encore.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 24, 2022 18:52

After No Filter the next tour should be titled No Encore. grinning smiley

Date: October 24, 2022 19:30

franzk
After No Filter the next tour should be titled No Encore. grinning smiley

‘No Encore Tour’ — cool title but I’m afraid it would negatively affect the ticket sales. It would dampen the motivation of today’s concertgoers who are used to getting encores.

Date: October 31, 2022 03:13

Already posted by another forum member on the RIP thread, but for your record here.

Last Friday in Nottingham, Bob Dylan returned to the stage for an encore for the first time on his current Rough And Rowdy Ways European tour — I Can’t Seem To Say Goodbye (Jerry Lee Lewis cover). His first encore in more than a year for that matter.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2022 09:46

RisingStone
Already posted by another forum member on the RIP thread, but for your record here.

Last Friday in Nottingham, Bob Dylan returned to the stage for an encore for the first time on his current Rough And Rowdy Ways European tour — I Can’t Seem To Say Goodbye (Jerry Lee Lewis cover). His first encore in more than a year for that matter.

That's beautiful. Also like pointing out that an encore actually can mean something extraordinary if not over-used as a normal show cliche. (Anyway, Dylan's an anomaly in many sense, like not 'interacting' with the audience etc.)

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home