Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Top of the Pops 67 EP
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 14, 2022 07:40

I’m on my phone and in bed so I can’t easily translate this page to tell if this is legit or unofficial. I like the 7-inch size though!!!

TOTP EP

Re: Top of the Pops 67 EP
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 14, 2022 08:47

VoodooLounge13
I’m on my phone and in bed so I can’t easily translate this page to tell if this is legit or unofficial. I like the 7-inch size though!!!

TOTP EP

It is quasi-legit in the sense that these recordings are no longer copyright protected and can be "released" as being sold without the Rolling Stones' approval. I am not sure on the whole royalties concept, but some smarter people herein can fill us in. I asked the same question a couple weeks ago about the David Frost EP, I think.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2022 08:52

I think the better term for these as they enter to public domain, is 'authorized' vs. 'unauthorized'.

Date: October 14, 2022 08:57

treaclefingers
I think the better term for these as they enter to public domain, is 'authorized' vs. 'unauthorized'.

Treacle, I knew you'd know! Thanks for the clarification, and I agree with your terms 100%!!!!!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: October 14, 2022 09:49

The recordings are in the public domain through dint of being over 50 years old, broadcast material and officially unreleased. Songwriting royalties are paid and images are properly licensed.

Date: October 14, 2022 19:39

treaclefingers

Yes, better terminology indeed!!

Date: October 14, 2022 19:41

Cover photo here, and info in English:

EP Cover

Date: October 14, 2022 19:48

Now that I've read more about it, I'd thought this was another of those 7-inch CD releases, and I see it's a regular 7-inch vinyl single. Nice looking item, but not one I'll probably pick up.

Date: October 14, 2022 20:38

stonesstein
treaclefingers

Treacle, I knew you'd know! Thanks for the clarification, and I agree with your terms 100%!!!!!

Thank you for the undeserved praise. I shall show my wife your post and she'll undoubtedly bring me back to earth!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2022 21:16

treaclefingers
stonesstein
treaclefingers

Thank you for the undeserved praise. I shall show my wife your post and she'll undoubtedly bring me back to earth!

Treacle, do you by chance live in Chilliwack?

Date: October 15, 2022 06:40

DGA35

Wait, isn't Chilliwack a band that had a hit song in 1982 with Gone, Gone, Gone?

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 15, 2022 14:34

treaclefingers
stonesstein
treaclefingers

They have that way about them……

Date: October 15, 2022 16:37

DGA35
treaclefingers
stonesstein
treaclefingers

Somewhere's between Hope and a Prayer (or abbotsford).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:37

stonesstein
DGA35

Wait, isn't Chilliwack a band that had a hit song in 1982 with Gone, Gone, Gone?

Ha, yes that is the name of the band, pretty popular in the late 70s to early 80s here. Ironically, they are from Vancouver, not Chilliwack, which is 60 miles east of Van.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: October 16, 2022 10:30

The cover photo is from Royal Albert Hall 1966...

True experts at work here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home