Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: how certain soundboards came into circulation!
Date: October 9, 2022 10:35

ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
keithglimmer
What about Kansas City, MO 1981 the night Mick Taylor played with them.

Audience recording

there is a soundboard

i think this is one of the many that were recorded by a camera man on the tour

that's where all the mono soundboards from 81 came from

the stereo ones i think come from the tapes sold off from arthur collins estate

and thanks for pointing out the audience recording from kansas city

i didn't know about this one

could someone post the lossless version for me this is really a fantastic recording!smiling smiley

The famous Empress Valley-release that we've had for decades (both shows) is an audience recording. I think this is the one where Taylor is most audible.

I can't listen to the soundboard now, but if the rumours are correct you won't hear Taylor at all, since they didn't run him through the soundboard, allegedly.

Posted by: django ()
Date: October 9, 2022 14:06

In 1976 I received a tape from a Luxembourg collector/trader entitled "The Ron Wood Frankfurt Tape". He told me that RW gave away the original cassette to a fan right after the concert. I don't know if the story is true. The quality of the SBD tape was excellent and it later became the April Fools LP. That was, if I remember correctly, the first release of the Frankfurt soundboard on the bootleg market. I also received the first tapes of the Paris SG sessions from that guy in Luxembourg, long before any LP release. Obviously he had excellent connections.

Date: October 9, 2022 14:33

I myself still have an audience recording buried on the attic - the first 4 songs, The Hague, 1976. I smuggled in a small cassette recorder and risked to be trapped by the security at the entrance. That didn't happen. If someone is interested I'll dig it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-09 14:38 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2022 18:44

TheflyingDutchman
I myself still have an audience recording buried on the attic - the first 4 songs, The Hague, 1976. I smuggled in a small cassette recorder and risked to be trapped by the security at the entrance. That didn't happen. If someone is interested I'll dig it up.

yes pleasesmiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2022 18:50

DandelionPowderman
ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
keithglimmer
What about Kansas City, MO 1981 the night Mick Taylor played with them.

Audience recording

there is a soundboard

i think this is one of the many that were recorded by a camera man on the tour

that's where all the mono soundboards from 81 came from

the stereo ones i think come from the tapes sold off from arthur collins estate

and thanks for pointing out the audience recording from kansas city

i didn't know about this one

could someone post the lossless version for me this is really a fantastic recording!smiling smiley

The famous Empress Valley-release that we've had for decades (both shows) is an audience recording. I think this is the one where Taylor is most audible.

I can't listen to the soundboard now, but if the rumours are correct you won't hear Taylor at all, since they didn't run him through the soundboard, allegedly.

yes i agree after hearing that

i also think that a good audience recording like this is a more enjoyable experience of the show then these mono soundboards

in fact almost all of these mono soundboards suffer from sounding like they where recorded in a empty gymnasium

to really enjoy a stones show i need the sound of the audience and the atmosphere of the venue

and these soundboards all basicly sound the same and very sterile

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 10, 2022 21:53

Still hoping a boot will come out from the EchoPlex show in LA 2013 which featured MT on LIV.

Date: October 10, 2022 22:03

jazzbass
Still hoping a boot will come out from the EchoPlex show in LA 2013 which featured MT on LIV.

Wasn't it some kind of trouble on that one? I remember a poster who was there reporting that back then. Can't recall what it was, though smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-10 22:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home