Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: how certain soundboards came into circulation!
Date: October 9, 2022 10:35

ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
keithglimmer
What about Kansas City, MO 1981 the night Mick Taylor played with them.

Audience recording

there is a soundboard

i think this is one of the many that were recorded by a camera man on the tour

that's where all the mono soundboards from 81 came from

the stereo ones i think come from the tapes sold off from arthur collins estate

and thanks for pointing out the audience recording from kansas city

i didn't know about this one

could someone post the lossless version for me this is really a fantastic recording!smiling smiley

The famous Empress Valley-release that we've had for decades (both shows) is an audience recording. I think this is the one where Taylor is most audible.

I can't listen to the soundboard now, but if the rumours are correct you won't hear Taylor at all, since they didn't run him through the soundboard, allegedly.

Posted by: django ()
Date: October 9, 2022 14:06

In 1976 I received a tape from a Luxembourg collector/trader entitled "The Ron Wood Frankfurt Tape". He told me that RW gave away the original cassette to a fan right after the concert. I don't know if the story is true. The quality of the SBD tape was excellent and it later became the April Fools LP. That was, if I remember correctly, the first release of the Frankfurt soundboard on the bootleg market. I also received the first tapes of the Paris SG sessions from that guy in Luxembourg, long before any LP release. Obviously he had excellent connections.

Date: October 9, 2022 14:33

I myself still have an audience recording buried on the attic - the first 4 songs, The Hague, 1976. I smuggled in a small cassette recorder and risked to be trapped by the security at the entrance. That didn't happen. If someone is interested I'll dig it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-09 14:38 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2022 18:44

TheflyingDutchman
I myself still have an audience recording buried on the attic - the first 4 songs, The Hague, 1976. I smuggled in a small cassette recorder and risked to be trapped by the security at the entrance. That didn't happen. If someone is interested I'll dig it up.

yes pleasesmiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2022 18:50

DandelionPowderman
ProfessorWolf
DandelionPowderman
keithglimmer
What about Kansas City, MO 1981 the night Mick Taylor played with them.

Audience recording

there is a soundboard

i think this is one of the many that were recorded by a camera man on the tour

that's where all the mono soundboards from 81 came from

the stereo ones i think come from the tapes sold off from arthur collins estate

and thanks for pointing out the audience recording from kansas city

i didn't know about this one

could someone post the lossless version for me this is really a fantastic recording!smiling smiley

The famous Empress Valley-release that we've had for decades (both shows) is an audience recording. I think this is the one where Taylor is most audible.

I can't listen to the soundboard now, but if the rumours are correct you won't hear Taylor at all, since they didn't run him through the soundboard, allegedly.

yes i agree after hearing that

i also think that a good audience recording like this is a more enjoyable experience of the show then these mono soundboards

in fact almost all of these mono soundboards suffer from sounding like they where recorded in a empty gymnasium

to really enjoy a stones show i need the sound of the audience and the atmosphere of the venue

and these soundboards all basicly sound the same and very sterile

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 10, 2022 21:53

Still hoping a boot will come out from the EchoPlex show in LA 2013 which featured MT on LIV.

Date: October 10, 2022 22:03

jazzbass
Still hoping a boot will come out from the EchoPlex show in LA 2013 which featured MT on LIV.

Wasn't it some kind of trouble on that one? I remember a poster who was there reporting that back then. Can't recall what it was, though smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-10 22:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home