Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Gold “Hot Rocks”
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 4, 2022 03:45

Omg why is this gold vinyl limited edition from Walmart SOUND SO GOOD: so meaty Beaty big and bouncy it just kicks out of the speakers!!!

Re: New Gold “Hot Rocks”
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2022 16:28

guyrachel
Omg why is this gold vinyl limited edition from Walmart SOUND SO GOOD: so meaty Beaty big and bouncy it just kicks out of the speakers!!!

Just grabbed a copy myself off of EBAY.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 15:59

Does anyone know anything about the clear vinyl version of this from 2014? Why the clear version at that time? It looks really cool!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 28, 2022 16:05

VoodooLounge13

Does anyone know anything about the clear vinyl version of this from 2014?

Hot Rocks 1964-71, Clear Vinyl, 2013 - [www.Discogs.com] .

Date: December 28, 2022 16:07

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Does anyone know anything about the clear vinyl version of this from 2014?

Hot Rocks 1964-71, Clear Vinyl, 2013 - [www.Discogs.com] .

Thanks Irix. So it's just another pressing? Not for any commemorative purposes?

Date: December 28, 2022 16:25

VoodooLounge13

Not for any commemorative purposes?

Maybe on the occasion of the RS 2013 US-Tour and maybe on the 10th anniversary of the black vinyl reissue from 2003 - [www.Discogs.com] .

The clear vinyl can be bought here - [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Date: December 28, 2022 17:27

LOL 10th anniversary of the black vinyl reissue!!!

Boy they never miss a beat to resell us the same sh!t over and over again do they?!?!?! LMFAOOOO

Ah, thanks Irix! It came up in an email today from Merchbar for $35.98.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 17:34

VoodooLounge13

Boy they never miss a beat to resell us the same sh!t over and over again do they?!?!?! LMFAOOOO

Ah, thanks Irix! It came up in an email today from Merchbar for $35.98.

I would say it the other was around. If people are willing to buy the same sh!t over and over again they get what they want. I personally don't get it why people are crazy for a gold/clear Vinyl of hot rocks or a color edition of the mono Box set but there seems to be a market for auch things so there's a point of releasing the Same stuff over and over and over and over again.

Date: December 28, 2022 17:40

VoodooLounge13

When you look on the label of the clear vinyl it still says (C) 2003 .... like the label of the 2003 black vinyl.

Here's the link to [www.Merchbar.com] .

Date: December 28, 2022 18:57

Irix
VoodooLounge13

When you look on the label of the clear vinyl it still says (C) 2003 .... like the label of the 2003 black vinyl.

Here's the link to [www.Merchbar.com] .

The clear series was interesting...I think they released them in batches of 4 at a time with the intention of doing the entire ABKCO Stones catalogue but then they just stopped after 2 series. I imagine sales weren't stellar as in, "why am I buying these stereo releases yet again?" - though in full disclosure, I did.

The Let It Bleed seemed to soar in price after but I'm not sure about the other releases.

Date: December 28, 2022 19:35

How many were done in clear vinyl? I've not seen these before and I really dig how the label looks on the Hot Rocks one - not sure if any of the other releases have a picture similar to that particular version of Hot Rocks.

Date: December 28, 2022 19:50

VoodooLounge13

not sure if any of the other releases have a picture similar to that particular version of Hot Rocks

The 2003 black vinyl has it as well - [www.Discogs.com] .

Date: December 28, 2022 19:55

Interesting. Thanks Irix!!

Date: December 28, 2022 21:07

VoodooLounge13
How many were done in clear vinyl? I've not seen these before and I really dig how the label looks on the Hot Rocks one - not sure if any of the other releases have a picture similar to that particular version of Hot Rocks.

I think a total of 8...but looking through my stuff I only see 7...does anyone remember if there was an 8th?

In the "clearly vinyl" series I have 12x5, High Tide & Green Grass, Beggar's, LIB, Through The Past, Darkly, GYYYO, Hot Rocks

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 28, 2022 21:19

VoodooLounge13
Does anyone know anything about the clear vinyl version of this from 2014? Why the clear version at that time? It looks really cool!!!

It was part of a collection: Clearly Classics.
One year they released 3 and the next year another 3 and that's all...

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 28, 2022 21:21

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I think a total of 8...but looking through my stuff I only see 7...does anyone remember if there was an 8th?

In the "clearly vinyl" series I have 12x5, High Tide & Green Grass, Beggar's, LIB, Through The Past, Darkly, GYYYO, Hot Rocks

Only six. Look here:
[www.discogs.com]

Date: December 28, 2022 21:50

Ricky
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Only six. Look here:
[www.discogs.com]

aha! OK and just double checked, my High Tides was the green vinyl RSD from a couple of years ago. Mystery solved, thank you.

Date: December 28, 2022 22:06

thanks guys!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home