Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tony Sanchez photo exhibition in London UK
Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: September 28, 2022 00:25

Spanish Tony Media

We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our first ever exhibition at @bricklanegallery on 28th September 2022.

Limited tickets available, see our bio for the event link.

Our grandfather Tony, was one of the official photographers for The Rolling Stones during the 1970s. We will be showcasing some of Tony's best work, lots of exclusive unseen shots of the band and their friends and associates. We have some amazing photos from Redlands, Villa Nellcote, The Rock N Roll Circus, Keith in Switzerland and more!

Limited edition prints will be available to purchase during the exhibition.

IG - @SpanishTonyMedia

Free ticket link available on IG BIO

SPANISH TONY – UP & DOWN WITH THE ROLLING STONES (The Brick Lane Gallery)

Opening Night: 28th September, 6:00 – 8:30pm
Open: 10am – 6pm Monday to Friday 12 – 6pm Sunday

The Brick Lane Gallery
216 Brick Lane | London | E1 6SA?
Phone: +44 (0) 207 729 9721
Instagram: @bricklanegallery

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-30 20:27 by bv.

Re: tony sanchez
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 28, 2022 03:57

nickdominguez
Spanish Tony Media

We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our first ever exhibition at @bricklanegallery on 28th September 2022.

Our grandfather Tony, was one of the official photographers for The Rolling Stones during the 1970s. We will be showcasing some of Tony's best work, lots of exclusive unseen shots of the band and their friends and associates. We have some amazing photos from Redlands, Villa Nellcote, The Rock N Roll Circus, Keith in Switzerland and more!

IG - @SpanishTonyMedia

Welcome back Nick, you've posted on IORR before of course. I wondered who dug up this old thread and because of your direct connection this becomes very topical.

Good luck with your exhibition!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 28, 2022 09:00

nickdominguez
Spanish Tony Media

IG - @SpanishTonyMedia

Where is this?

plexi

Date: September 28, 2022 15:30

Shoreditch London 6pm tonight

Re: Tony Sanches photo exhibition in London UK
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 28, 2022 20:47

From Instagram !

winking smiley

HMN

Date: September 28, 2022 21:24

Not exactly a person to argue with smoking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 29, 2022 10:59

I always have a laugh when someone disputes something in Spanish Tony’s book,
My first question is exactly where were you standing in proximity to said incident?
Let me guess, not in the house, not in the country or on the continent, weren’t born yet, all of the above?
It’s usually some writer that Keith was busy filling full of shit or some other hanger on that never had real access.If you were Keiths dope guy it didn’t get anymore behind the scenes than that.
You can see in the picture above with the hat and cigarette Keith waiting for him in the Jag.
Truth is nobody, not Keith, Anita, Mick, Marianne or any of the band have disputed any of it.
Keith called it “embellished” but never said what was embellished, and more telling said” that’s enough Tony,no further “.
Cat was the real deal, wish this exhibition was near me.

Date: September 29, 2022 11:15

<Truth is nobody, not Keith, Anita, Mick, Marianne or any of the band have disputed any of it>

The only thing Keith disputed was that it was Tony who wrote this book, as it supposedly was too well-written smiling smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: September 29, 2022 13:03

Went to the opening last night - well worth a a visit if you are in the area (Brick Lane in East London). Highspots for me were an extraordinary picture of Brian, allegedly on an acid trip with bug eyes and a beautiful shot of Keith behind the Olynpic mixing desk wreathed in cigarette smoke. The pictures are really expensive to buy (but free to photograph...)

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 13:45

Is there enough material to make a possible book?

Date: September 29, 2022 13:49

One more from Instagram

HMN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 29, 2022 14:22

Please post pics by Tony and not pics of Tony!

I've had enough of his mug already! grinning smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 29, 2022 15:01

Good luck with the exhibition!

Sorry but being you his grandson you should write correct his last name
Nick Dominguez.
"Tony Sanches photo exhibition in London UK" drinking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 29, 2022 15:49

Quique-stone

Nick Dominguez.

Incredibly sloppy indeed!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: September 29, 2022 17:05

Stone601

Not on the basis of what we saw last night

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 17:11

johnnythunders
Stone601

Not on the basis of what we saw last night
Ok thanks

Date: September 29, 2022 18:18

dcba
Please post pics by Tony and not pics of Tony!

...D

That's the preview which appear from the Gallery on Instagram but you're damn right thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 29, 2022 20:48

Let us never forget this: Spanish Tony grassed up Brian and informed the London Drugs Squad he supplied Brian. Based on this information They were ready to raid Cotchford in August 1969. The rule was that the London coppers could carry out a raid outside their patch if they could prove the drugs originated from London. If Brian had lived that August 1969 raid would have finished him. Bear that in mind when you think about Tony.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 29, 2022 21:43

And Tony never did that trick against Keith cause he knew it was a fish too big for him.
And Keith had an army of lawyers paid by the band's management, unlike poor Brian who in 1969 was basically alone (and vulnerable).

Dirty world indeed.

Date: September 29, 2022 22:19

was you there when he did this ?

Date: September 29, 2022 22:25

treaclefingers
nickdominguez
Spanish Tony Media

IG - @SpanishTonyMedia

Welcome back Nick, you've posted on IORR before of course. I wondered who dug up this old thread and because of your direct connection this becomes very topical.

Good luck with your exhibition!

Thank you it went very well! Welcome to contact me for more information smiling smiley

Date: September 29, 2022 22:27

lem motlow
I always have a laugh when someone disputes something in Spanish Tony’s book,
My first question is exactly where were you standing in proximity to said incident?
Let me guess, not in the house, not in the country or on the continent, weren’t born yet, all of the above?
It’s usually some writer that Keith was busy filling full of shit or some other hanger on that never had real access.If you were Keiths dope guy it didn’t get anymore behind the scenes than that.
You can see in the picture above with the hat and cigarette Keith waiting for him in the Jag.
Truth is nobody, not Keith, Anita, Mick, Marianne or any of the band have disputed any of it.
Keith called it “embellished” but never said what was embellished, and more telling said” that’s enough Tony,no further “.
Cat was the real deal, wish this exhibition was near me.

As time goes on and more photos become availible, your comment will be proved 100% correct! Trust me.

Date: September 29, 2022 22:34

johnnythunders
Went to the opening last night - well worth a a visit if you are in the area (Brick Lane in East London). Highspots for me were an extraordinary picture of Brian, allegedly on an acid trip with bug eyes and a beautiful shot of Keith behind the Olynpic mixing desk wreathed in cigarette smoke. The pictures are really expensive to buy (but free to photograph...)

Thanks for the feedback! Really glad you enjoyed it. That Keith images seems to be the most popular! There are actually 4 similar, 2 of which have Anita standing by his side! Also the image of Brian you mention... The vintage print Tony developed, has incredible annotations on the back! dimensions, Tony's hand written description station Brian on a trip, a newspaper clipping from an article with the image and a stamp of approved use for print!

In terms of the price, we are all but certain to be working alongside Iconic Images in Chelsea London who hold a huge collection of rock and roll images. We was given a guide price for limited signed prints and we went with the lowest for each size for the first show only :O

Most importantly you liked the content!

Date: September 29, 2022 22:36

dead.flowers
Quique-stone

Nick Dominguez.

Incredibly sloppy indeed!

It was a typo! Im up late posting away! Z + S are one key away on a keyboard. Get over it

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 30, 2022 11:03

paulspendel
Let us never forget this: Spanish Tony grassed up Brian and informed the London Drugs Squad he supplied Brian. Based on this information They were ready to raid Cotchford in August 1969. The rule was that the London coppers could carry out a raid outside their patch if they could prove the drugs originated from London. If Brian had lived that August 1969 raid would have finished him. Bear that in mind when you think about Tony.

So they were going to raid Brian’s house, in August? Was this the slowest drug squad in history?
Hey, this dude said he sold Brian Jones dope, let’s raid his house in a couple of months.
What was this called? A “Mandrax warrant”it took so long the guy died before they got to his house?
Ok I’ll play along , source?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 30, 2022 12:26

I don't worry. Still you may correct the thread title. Else this misspelling will linger on for eternity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-30 12:27 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2022 20:12

lem motlow
paulspendel

So they were going to raid Brian’s house, in August? Was this the slowest drug squad in history?
Hey, this dude said he sold Brian Jones dope, let’s raid his house in a couple of months.
What was this called? A “Mandrax warrant”it took so long the guy died before they got to his house?
Ok I’ll play along , source?

Even IF Paul is correct, and I agree, how the hell does he actually KNOW that, it still doesn't matter. I'm not going to change my appreciation of that fact that Tony was a significant insider and integral part of the Stones history during a very critical period in the band.

Love him or hate him this is interesting stuff and we shouldn't get our panties in a bunch or take 'personally' something that happened 50-60 years ago.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 3, 2022 14:49

DandelionPowderman

The only thing Keith disputed was that it was Tony who wrote this book, as it supposedly was too well-written smiling smiley

It was written by a ghost writer.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 3, 2022 14:55

johnnythunders
... a beautiful shot of Keith behind the Olynpic mixing desk wreathed in cigarette smoke.

In that photo Keith is shown in front of the Stones Moog, taken when his segment for Umano Non Umano was filmed.

Date: October 3, 2022 14:55

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

It was written by a ghost writer.

Exactly.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home