Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger and Brian Jones statue
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 24, 2022 18:34

Has this ever been posted here? I heard someone on Dutch radio recently talk about this.

The title of the statue is "Mick Jagger and Brian Jones Going Home Satisfied after Composing “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction.” [sic].

More here: [www.guggenheim.org]

Re: Mick Jagger and Brian Jones statue
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 24, 2022 20:24

Is this a joke? Their hair was half that length in 1965. Where is this 'statue'? And why would Brian be carrying a guitar around? They had roadies.

Date: September 24, 2022 21:02

Elvis recording Hound dog

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 24, 2022 21:42

24FPS
Is this a joke? Their hair was half that length in 1965. Where is this 'statue'? And why would Brian be carrying a guitar around? They had roadies.

No offense, but in 1965 the whole idea of specially employed roadies carrying their guitars wasn't there. Maybe Ian Stewart would have carried some equipment at some time, but that would be it. But there plenty of example where musicians in those days carried their own material. Often even mike stands were borrowed from the location where they performed and local personnel set up the stage winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 24, 2022 22:01

24FPS

They had roadies? Clueless.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 24, 2022 22:14

Koen
Has this ever been posted here? I heard someone on Dutch radio recently talk about this.

The title of the statue is "Mick Jagger and Brian Jones Going Home Satisfied after Composing “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction.” [sic].

More here: [www.guggenheim.org]

is brian carrying a cello?

also shouldn't anything depicting the creation of satisfaction include keith?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-24 22:43 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: September 24, 2022 23:56

Cooltoplady
24FPS

Ever heard of Ian Stewart?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2022 00:10

.............. London 1964 --- Terry O'Neill

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 25, 2022 04:47

Rockman

thanks

great photo i've never seen before

wonder what the guy unloading the crates was thinking

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2022 05:21

One of me all time fave Stones shots .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2022 06:36

Rockman
One of me all time fave Stones shots .....

yeah thanks for sharing that...never seen it either, very cool.

Date: September 26, 2022 07:20

Rockman

Love that photo. Of course it's not 1965. I doubt they were personally lugging their gear around like that by then. Plus they're carrying their personal bags, not guitars.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 26, 2022 08:34

I haven’t seen it either, yet it looks familiar. There’s more widely publicised photos from the same session, I think.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 26, 2022 16:02

The poster for the original West End stage production of Oliver! shows that the picture is before 1966 - Rockman's date of 1964 seems as likely as any. But in any case, the "statue" isn't based on that picture (or on any photograph, probably), and as ProfessorWolf says, the fact that the sculptor thinks the writing of Satisfaction was done by Mick and Brian shows how much he knows about the subject!

Date: September 26, 2022 17:12

Where is MitchFlorida when we need him?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 26, 2022 18:31

24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

That's not what you implied. Pretty obvious.

Why are you so bitter. Every post that you write you are always so negative. Never happy. Clueless as always.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 26, 2022 20:03

It’s not a STATUE but a clay sculpture!

peter fischli (1952) and david weiss (1946-2012) began collaborating together in 1979, focusing on the banal aspects of our lives, valorizing the childish and the wondrous; exploring these themes through simple means and everyday artifacts, often resulting in humorous, but equally moving works. their on-going project ‘suddenly this overview’ (1981-) –see designboom’s coverage of the 2008 presentation here— is a composition of more than 200, unfired clay sculptures in which the duo depicts what appears to be an arbitrary selection of events, words, objects–derived from both the imagined and historical reality –which collectively express notions of theory and praxis such as, ‘madame bovery is dreaming of great love’; ‘mick jagger and brian jones going home satsfied after composing ‘I can’t get no satisfaction

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 26, 2022 21:44

A Google for Fischli and Weiss will bring up lots of images of their clay models. There are scores of them, most quite cartoonish, and most depicting the funny side of a historical situation. The Satisfaction model is one among many and not particularly meant to be perfectly accurate, either anatomically or historically. It's fun.

[cfileonline.org]

[www.nybooks.com]

Date: September 27, 2022 06:51

Cooltoplady
24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

Why are you so bitter. Every post that you write you are always so negative. Never happy. Clueless as always.

Maybe I'm bitter from people who don't agree with me thinking I'm bitter. Ian Stewart was their roadie. And they didn't carry around their own guitars by 1965. The were big stars. I thought I was pretty obvious about that. I'd say you are the one who is clueless. Never happy? I love El Mocambo. I've been listening to it for three weeks. Do I have to be happy about everything? I'll try and phony it up in the future, just for you, Cooltoplady. Because you are what's important.

Date: September 27, 2022 10:32

Stu was their road MANAGER. That doesn't mean that he carried all their guitars and amps by himself.

His job was to organise gigs, travel schedules, check what equipment was needed on the different venues etc. He had his van, though, but i bet they all carried their gear until 1969, when the tours became more professional.

Date: September 27, 2022 13:58

In those days Bill pretended to have lower back pain. He could always sit in the front seat.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 27, 2022 19:35

DandelionPowderman
Stu was their road MANAGER. That doesn't mean that he carried all their guitars and amps by himself.

His job was to organise gigs, travel schedules, check what equipment was needed on the different venues etc. He had his van, though, but i bet they all carried their gear until 1969, when the tours became more professional.

I'm absolutely in line there with you, Bart!

cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 27, 2022 20:40

24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

Maybe I'm bitter from people who don't agree with me thinking I'm bitter. Ian Stewart was their roadie. And they didn't carry around their own guitars by 1965. The were big stars. I thought I was pretty obvious about that. I'd say you are the one who is clueless. Never happy? I love El Mocambo. I've been listening to it for three weeks. Do I have to be happy about everything? I'll try and phony it up in the future, just for you, Cooltoplady. Because you are what's important.

How petty I have to agree you are clueless sorry.

Date: September 27, 2022 22:34

More Hot Rocks
24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

How petty I have to agree you are clueless sorry.

Back at you buddy.

Date: September 27, 2022 22:35

georgie48
DandelionPowderman

I'm absolutely in line there with you, Bart!

cool smiley

And I sincerely doubt that.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 27, 2022 23:04

Did Brian compose Satisfaction?I am suprised the sculptor didnt say it was Mick and Otis Redding

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 28, 2022 10:15

Artistic liberties...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home