Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: September 20, 2022 19:56

Creedence Clearwater Revival at The Royal Albert Hall 1970, at last !

For decades, rumors have circulated among Creedence Clearwater Revival’s fans about a long-lost recording of their legendary 1970 show at London’s Royal Albert Hall. Now, Craft Recordings is thrilled to announce that the rumors are, indeed, true. The long-awaited Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall presents the concert in its entirety and finds CCR at the apex of their career, playing the most prestigious venue in London. Placing listeners front and center at the show, the album features John Fogerty, Tom Fogerty, Doug Clifford, and Stu Cook performing such (now classic) hits as “Fortunate Son,” “Proud Mary,” and “Bad Moon Rising,”.

Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall is available from September 16 on 180-gram vinyl, CD, and cassette tape, while select retailers will offer a variety of exclusive color variants, including Walmart (“Tombstone Shadow” vinyl) and Target (“Green River” vinyl).

Additionally, the album will be available across digital platforms, including in hi-res and Dolby® ATMOS immersive audio formats.

A limited Super Deluxe Edition Box Set will follow on November 18, exclusively on CrafRecordings.com with the documentary concert feature film, Travelin’ Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall. Directed by two-time GRAMMY® Award winner Bob Smeaton (The Beatles Anthology and Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies) and narrated by Academy Award®-winning actor Jeff Bridges, the film takes viewers from the band’s earliest years together in El Cerrito, CA through their meteoric rise to fame. Featuring a wealth of unseen footage, Travelin’ Band culminates with the band’s show at the Royal Albert Hall—marking the only concert footage of the original CCR lineup to be released in its entirety.

The documentary is only available in some territories throught Netflix (USA & UK). No deal has been made in France yet but we organized a unique private screening in Paris on September 19 in a movie theater near Champs-Elysées for about 120 people. Sig Sigworh, the boss of Craft Recordings came from LA to introduce the movie and we even had a 4 minutes video from filmaker Bob Smeaton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 14:20 by bv.

Re: Creedence Clearwater Revival at The Royal Albert Hall 1970, at last !
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 20, 2022 20:13

Thanks! Just bought the Wal*Mart vinyl for $27.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 21, 2022 06:37

Great documentary of a great show. Wish they would've continued in with their history after that tour, but only a mention of Cosmos Factory and that was it.

But what a great concert.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 21, 2022 08:23

I saw them in '69. And I've seen the complete Woodstock set. CCR was great. The problem is that there's no ad libbing, no spontaneity. They played note perfect sets that delivered the songs exactly like the albums. If you've seen the once, you've seen them.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 21, 2022 10:58

24FPS
I saw them in '69. And I've seen the complete Woodstock set. CCR was great. The problem is that there's no ad libbing, no spontaneity. They played note perfect sets that delivered the songs exactly like the albums. If you've seen the once, you've seen them.

That sums it up nicely. I've heard a couple of their live recordings and although I really love CCR, they're not that exciting as a live band. But maybe we as Stones fans are a little spoiled

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: September 21, 2022 11:55

Great news, thanks!!

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: September 21, 2022 12:10

24FPS
They played note perfect sets that delivered the songs exactly like the albums. If you've seen the once, you've seen them.

It is probably this explanation (of the similarity of their shows) that caused the error on the erroneous mention of the live at the Albert Hall in 1980, confused with the Oakland Coliseum concert of January 31, 1970.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 21, 2022 14:11

Yazid Manou
24FPS
They played note perfect sets that delivered the songs exactly like the albums. If you've seen the once, you've seen them.

It is probably this explanation (of the similarity of their shows) that caused the error on the erroneous mention of the live at the Albert Hall in 1980, confused with the Oakland Coliseum concert of January 31, 1970.

One would think that at least the tape boxes in the archive are correctly labelled, so I doubt that it was actually an "error". Maybe Fantasy Records thought that "Royal Albert Hall" sounded more prestigious than "Oakland Coliseum" or had potential buyers in mind that once saw the Albert Hall TV broadcast or at least knew of it and thought they could get away with a little marketing scam.

Anyway, it shows that the band was not involved at all with the 1980 release.

It's a funny coincidence that also Dylan's famous "Judas" concert from 1966 was labelled by bootleggers as coming from the Royal Albert Hall for decades when the official release finally revealed that it was in fact recorded at Manchester Free Trade Hall!

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: September 21, 2022 19:07

retired_dog
Yazid Manou
24FPS
Maybe Fantasy Records thought that "Royal Albert Hall" sounded more prestigious than "Oakland Coliseum" or had potential buyers in mind that once saw the Albert Hall TV broadcast or at least knew of it and thought they could get away with a little marketing scam.

It's a funny coincidence that also Dylan's famous "Judas" concert from 1966 was labelled by bootleggers as coming from the Royal Albert Hall for decades when the official release finally revealed that it was in fact recorded at Manchester Free Trade Hall!

And so did the Stones (or Oldham) with Got Live If You Want It in 1966

resotele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 21:52 by resotele.

Re: OT: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 21, 2022 20:06

Unfortunately they did not release the complete show, still missing:

Ninety-nine & A Half (Won't Do)
I Put A Spell On You

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 22, 2022 07:48

Rank Stranger
Unfortunately they did not release the complete show, still missing:

Ninety-nine & A Half (Won't Do)
I Put A Spell On You

Do you have a source for this? I'm not that deep into CCR but ordered the set because of the complete show. This is the first time I read about missing songs

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 22, 2022 12:34

This is where I got the info from:

[www.guitars101.com]

I don't have the audience tape, if I get it you'll be the first to know!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 22, 2022 22:50

24FPS

Exactly. I saw them about 5 times in 1969. The first couple of times were very exciting, they produced some great music. But then it became an exercise in redundancy. As you said, their shows were literally note for note each and every time. As much as I liked their music, the live performances became boring, at least for me.

However, I still like their music and probably always will.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home