Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones’ ‘Sixty’ Confirmed As Their Most Successful European Tour
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 16, 2022 20:58

The artists can limit it. See Pearl Jam (all tickets $99), Garth Brooks ($95) and Rage Against the Machine ($99).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-16 21:00 by NashvilleBlues.

Re: The Rolling Stones’ ‘Sixty’ Confirmed As Their Most Successful European Tour
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2022 21:00

More Hot Rocks
hockenheim95
More Hot Rocks
hockenheim95
Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
slewan
calipachangero
Total gross in 2003 for the Licks tour in 46 shows: 129 Millions
Total gross in 2022 for the Sixty tour in 14 shows: 120 Millions

Wait, what? That is insane!

don't forget inflation and dynamic pricing etc.

For sure. The biggest part, no doubt, isn’t inflation (no way things have tripled in cost in 19 years just because of inflation), but bands charging as much as they can. Ticketmaster has maximized profits because they know the supply/demand.

It's not exactly TicketMaster. It's promoters.

Mick says We want $400 million for 5 shows.

Promoter tells TicketMaster... $850000 for 5 shows.

That's really stupid but it's basically how it works.

Actually the promoters set the price because they know what they can get. Then it goes to aThe Stones camp. Mick does NOT set the price. It’s always been that way

Of course The Rolling Stones set the price. If the say "we only charge 2 million per gig and you are not allowed to charge more than 100€ per Ticket and those Tickets have to be personalized" the promoters would agree. But if the Stones want their maximum profit then of course the promoters charge those prizes. Every big group has the power to do so. That's why there are Lucky Dip Ticket at every Rolling Stones concert since 2014! U2 for example alwas has cheap standing tickets and no Front of Stage area (beside Red zone, which is NOT the best spot in the house).

No. The Stones do not set the price. It’s the promoter as stated before. They know the cost. The money is than guaranteed. If the promoter does not make the money they take the loss not the band. Again as stated before The Stones do not set the price.

They do not set the exact ticket price but they accept those prices by demanding high fees themselves. If the Stones think their prices should be limited they could so. To blame everything on promoters is a bit easy.

Omg No. I give up it’s like talking to a wall no that’s not they way it is
It’s business 101. What part don’t you understand

Why do have a problem that I have a different opinion than you?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2022 21:02

NashvilleBlues
The artists can limit it. See Pearl Jam (all tickets $99), Garth Brooks ($95) and Rage Against the Machine ($99).

Exactly that's what I'm saying. The Stones could have the power to limit their prices.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 16, 2022 21:32

Not all Pearl Jam tickets are $99 anymore. On their current North American tour, they are doing Platinums too. They just call them "PJ Premium".

In order to maintain low ticket prices and fan club accessibility, Pearl Jam are releasing a limited number of premium tickets at a market rate price. PJ Premium tickets are tickets that are dynamically priced up and down based on demand. PJ Premium tickets are not part of VIP packages - they are tickets only.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

But yes, the artist could opt out of dynamic pricing if they wanted to. And at least Pearl Jam has limited it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-16 21:41 by Topi.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: September 16, 2022 21:47

Topi
Not all Pearl Jam tickets are $99 anymore. On their current North American tour, they are doing Platinums too. They just call them "PJ Premium".

In order to maintain low ticket prices and fan club accessibility, Pearl Jam are releasing a limited number of premium tickets at a market rate price. PJ Premium tickets are tickets that are dynamically priced up and down based on demand. PJ Premium tickets are not part of VIP packages - they are tickets only.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

But yes, the artist could opt out of dynamic pricing if they wanted to. And at least Pearl Jam has limited it.

I believe (and PJ are my second favourite band) having read a long ten club forum thread on this that this funded a higher % of face value tickets being available to ten club members. Previous tours have often been fan club over subscribed so as long as this dynamic (more 10c tickets, some platinum tickets to pay for it) holds I’m cool with it. Btw, euro tour just gone I don’t recall any dynamic pricing. The vast majority of US tickets are face value $100 or so- to me, this isn’t in the same ballpark as Bruce type behaviour (btw I bought great seats in Paris for Bruce at face value approx 126gbp so think European market did quite well compared to US offer)

Date: September 16, 2022 22:27

Topi

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that.

I know the Nashville show (TONIGHT!!!), which sold out quickly, had maybe 3-4 tickets posted over $103, and they were $2,000+ and they seemed to be tickets that people dropped (show went on sale in 2020). They weren't resold by fans (they blocked that, unless it was sold for face), they were resold at 20x face value by ticketmaster. About a month ago a pair posted at $103 and I snagged those, too.

Going to see them in Louisville, KY at the Bourbon and Beyond Fest tomorrow, so I can get closer. I only drew nosebleeds for Nashville.

Date: September 16, 2022 23:09

@yorkshirestone: you are correct about Pearl Jam's European tour. No dynamically priced tickets. Only in North America.

Date: September 17, 2022 00:01

NashvilleBlues
Topi

[www.ticketmaster.com]

I know the Nashville show (TONIGHT!!!), which sold out quickly, had maybe 3-4 tickets posted over $103, and they were $2,000+ and they seemed to be tickets that people dropped (show went on sale in 2020). They weren't resold by fans (they blocked that, unless it was sold for face), they were resold at 20x face value by ticketmaster. About a month ago a pair posted at $103 and I snagged those, too.

Going to see them in Louisville, KY at the Bourbon and Beyond Fest tomorrow, so I can get closer. I only drew nosebleeds for Nashville.

Let us know what you reckon, pretty special at both HP gigs in July

Date: September 17, 2022 00:21

yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues
Topi

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Let us know what you reckon, pretty special at both HP gigs in July

I will!

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: September 17, 2022 09:24

calipachangero
Total gross in 2003 for the Licks tour in 46 shows: 129 Millions
Total gross in 2022 for the Sixty tour in 14 shows: 120 Millions

Wait, what? That is insane!

I would like to know how many Pit tickets were sold, which did not exist in 2003

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 17, 2022 11:13

If they tour Europe again next year, I fear the ticket prices will be doubled because of the risen energy costs

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: September 17, 2022 11:38

‘Thank heavens there's the conundrum of getting less for more from the aged performers. It's makes the decision to pay these outrageous prices a no brainer. I got just as much out of seeing Mick sing Out Of Time on YouTube as I would have seeing it live, and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. I've seen all these bands in better days, with better setlists, at extremely better prices.’

I couldn’t agree more. The criteria for the success of this tour is purely financial. What about fan feedback, playing of new material, merch prices, some other yardstick other than how wealthier the group is.

I’ve been a fan since 1964 but haven’t been to a concert in over 40 years simply because I won’t sign up to feeding their bank balances anymore. I content myself that I saw the band many times when they were great and I’m not interested in having to pay the high price for tickets and stand to watch them through binoculars. Good luck to you if you’re a recent fan or just want to see the band to impress your social media ‘friends’, I hope you feel you get value for money because that’s the criteria here.

Date: September 17, 2022 14:10

Elmo
‘Thank heavens there's the conundrum of getting less for more from the aged performers. It's makes the decision to pay these outrageous prices a no brainer. I got just as much out of seeing Mick sing Out Of Time on YouTube as I would have seeing it live, and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. I've seen all these bands in better days, with better setlists, at extremely better prices.’

I couldn’t agree more. The criteria for the success of this tour is purely financial. What about fan feedback, playing of new material, merch prices, some other yardstick other than how wealthier the group is.

I’ve been a fan since 1964 but haven’t been to a concert in over 40 years simply because I won’t sign up to feeding their bank balances anymore. I content myself that I saw the band many times when they were great and I’m not interested in having to pay the high price for tickets and stand to watch them through binoculars. Good luck to you if you’re a recent fan or just want to see the band to impress your social media ‘friends’, I hope you feel you get value for money because that’s the criteria here.

Date: September 17, 2022 17:03

Elmo, as regards "fan feedback", I guess the reviews of the 2022 tour both on here and in the media were mostly positive, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-17 17:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: September 17, 2022 18:16

RG
So time for the next leg in Europe! cool smileycool smiley

Definitely yes!!!! hot smiley

Date: September 17, 2022 21:47

Topi
Elmo, as regards "fan feedback", I guess the reviews of the 2022 tour both on here and in the media were mostly positive, no?

Exactly the point, we’ll said

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 17, 2022 23:22

yorkshirestone
Elmo

Binoculars? To get a ticket you can afford you have to use binoculars just to see the giant screens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2022 01:52

Get a stealth drone with camera fitted ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 18, 2022 07:46

24FPS

Binoculars? To get a ticket you can afford you have to use binoculars just to see the giant screens.

The screens weren't even that "giant" anymore in 2022. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-18 10:49 by Topi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 18, 2022 12:45

Elmo

This to me seems like the desperation of an old man who had a great time in his youth and then feeling sorrow for his self because the world changes and nothing is anymore like when he was young.

I''m sorry about these harsh words and I don't know you enough to judge you but I have the feeling this is more about you than about the Stones. "I have seen all these bands in better days" - shows that it's not just the Stones but a problem you seem to have with many bands you seen when you was young.
EDIT: sorry, I saw that you didn't write that but quoted that

My friend, life is too short to cling to the past. You haven't seen them in 40 years. Next time they tour do yourself a favour and get a 60$ Lucky Dip ticket for you and someone you love and go see them one last time. I'm sure you won't regret it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-18 13:00 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 18, 2022 12:54

Funny you should say that, StonedRambler, because I thought of this:

Anyways. No, it's not a cheap night out. Yes, you can say it's very much a nostalgia act. (After 60 years on the road - doesn't that happen by definition?)

BUT - people still keep going and they seem to have a damn good time. I know I did. Besides, a big part of going on tour is the social side of it: the people you meet, friends old and new, the traveling.

You can't put a price on a hobby.

This will all be over very soon and no money in the world is gonna bring the Stones back once they're done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-18 13:00 by Topi.

Date: September 18, 2022 13:05

Topi
Funny you should say that, StonedRambler, because I thought of this:

Anyways. No, it's not a cheap night out. Yes, you can say it's very much a nostalgia act. (After 60 years on the road - doesn't that happen by definition?)

BUT - people still keep going and they seem to have a damn good time. I know I did. Besides, a big part of going on tour is the social side of it: the people you meet, friends old and new, the traveling.

You can't put a price on a hobby.

This will all be over very soon and no money in the world is gonna bring the Stones back once they're done.
LOL grinning smiley

Exactly. When I went this year two to European concerts after two pandemic years without concerts and after Charlie's death I noticed how I not just missed the Stones but all the things you mentioned that come with a Stones concert.

As for price: I cannot afford the super-expensive Pit tickets either. But Lucky Dip is a great way for every fan to at least get inside. I didn't have much luck this year but I still had a good time at the concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-18 13:10 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 19, 2022 07:20

StonedRambler
Elmo

This to me seems like the desperation of an old man who had a great time in his youth and then feeling sorrow for his self because the world changes and nothing is anymore like when he was young.

I''m sorry about these harsh words and I don't know you enough to judge you but I have the feeling this is more about you than about the Stones. "I have seen all these bands in better days" - shows that it's not just the Stones but a problem you seem to have with many bands you seen when you was young.

My friend, life is too short to cling to the past. You haven't seen them in 40 years. Next time they tour do yourself a favour and get a 60$ Lucky Dip ticket for you and someone you love and go see them one last time. I'm sure you won't regret it!

It's interesting that someone says here that they aren't willing to pay whatever when buying an album is almost criminal now because of streaming services.

Paying $250 for the upper row back of the stadium seat for U2 and $375 for the same seat for the Stones... the value of either is not exactly conducive to the argument of a $60 Lucky Dip ticket if one can't get the Lucky Dip.

Granted, U2's stage was a vagillion times better than the Stones' stage but to be what seems a quarter mile away for over $200 is quite a bit absurd. The price difference does not equate to "a better show".

A $375 two hour moment? People complain about the price of gasoline but have no problem waiting in the drive-thru line at Starbucks... or paying $5 a gallon of gas and just driving wherever but buying a record? Through the nose is okay for a live show but don't spend $15 on something that lasts way longer than 2 hours.

Sometimes choosing to pay for absurdity is what one gets. You think Mick personally cares if you enjoyed the show?

It's one thing to keyboard judge someone because they think DIRTY WORK belongs amongst the ranks of 1968-1972 but when it comes to spending hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars on one or four tickets to see the Stones? You're going to judge them because of age? Do you forget what the @#$%& band you're talking about? The very band that desperately won't get past their 30s or 1981 in regard to a set list?

You don't know what other music Elmo likes. What if Elmo is really digging Kamauu? Or The Teskey Brothers?

You might want to reconsider your point of view in regard to criticizing people about spending such a large amount of money. I've met Elmo. The money Elmo hasn't spent on seeing one Stones show's maybe been spent on seeing local and touring acts that actually need the money. Maybe more depending on the year.

Not just at one time.

Not everyone eats Frosted Flakes.

Re: "Sixty Tour" official numbers - Attendances, Grosses, etc.
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 19, 2022 10:00

Spot on Elmo

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 19, 2022 10:28

StonedRambler
Elmo

Lucky Dips are a drag if you get stuck up in nosebleed hell. Are they still letting you exchange them for better seats if you complain to customer services? I got Luckys to the first concert they gave them out at. (Los Angeles, 2013). It was to the ceiling, and to the side. You could barely see Ronnie, but couldn't see Charlie. There were a ton of unsold seats behind the stage. At least from there you could see the TV screens reversed and at least watch the band. But the ushers chased us out of sitting there. What if you get Lucky Dips way up top, and it's a sell out? There's nowhere better to move you. Personally I don't need to see them again. My friend, going to see them now IS clinging to the past.

Date: September 19, 2022 12:47

GasLightStreet

You might want to reconsider your point of view in regard to criticizing people about spending such a large amount of money. I've met Elmo. The money Elmo hasn't spent on seeing one Stones show's maybe been spent on seeing local and touring acts that actually need the money. Maybe more depending on the year.

As I've said, I don't like the super expensive tickets either nor can I afford them but that's why I brought in Lucky Dip tickets. Just grumbling about how bad the world is and how greedy people are and then not seeing one of your favourite bands for fourty years, thay can't be the solution either.

This is the very end of Rolling Stones. Even if I end up in the nosebleed section I'm gonna have a great night knowing that the next day it could all be over. Everyone has do decide for themselves but I can only recommend to go and see them for a final time.

You won't regret going but you might regret not going when it's all over.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 12:49 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 19, 2022 12:55

24FPS
StonedRambler
Elmo

Lucky Dips are a drag if you get stuck up in nosebleed hell. Are they still letting you exchange them for better seats if you complain to customer services? I got Luckys to the first concert they gave them out at. (Los Angeles, 2013). It was to the ceiling, and to the side. You could barely see Ronnie, but couldn't see Charlie. There were a ton of unsold seats behind the stage. At least from there you could see the TV screens reversed and at least watch the band. But the ushers chased us out of sitting there. What if you get Lucky Dips way up top, and it's a sell out? There's nowhere better to move you. Personally I don't need to see them again. My friend, going to see them now IS clinging to the past.

Then I focus on positive side of things, that you have a lot of space to dance up there, access to drinks and food without having to worry about losing my seat. Of course I prefer being in the front but in the back you still got a party with Rolling Stones live music which is still a cool thing.

Date: September 19, 2022 12:56

...and for the price of the Lucky Dips, you really cannot lose. It's still gonna be half the price of the cheapest face value upper.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 19, 2022 14:53

Topi
...and for the price of the Lucky Dips, you really cannot lose. It's still gonna be half the price of the cheapest face value upper.

not everywhere. In Germany it's usually 2/3 of the cheapest ticket price. In Brusssels LDs were exactly the same price as the cheapest ticket

Date: September 19, 2022 15:07

I meant the price per ticket, not per pair.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home