Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Rest in Peace, Queen Elizabeth II
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 1, 2022 15:25

CaptainCorella
treaclefingers
Doxa
colonial
I'm actually quite surprised there's been no concert tribute for our Queen, this is the one time I'd thought musicians from the United Kingdom and those involved with the music industry would have got together for a concert.

Why?

- Doxa

I'd love to have a reunited Sex Pistols (or whatever they can cobble together) come up for a round of God Save The Queen, and why not for old times sake, Anarchy in the UK?

HEY! And the tribute the Queen could be headlined by...are you ready for it?...think hard...who could it be?

THAT'S RIGHT....a Freddie Mercury-less QUEEN!

Oh dear. You are clearly forgetting that in 2002 for the Queen's Jubilee that year, that the entire show - based around Buckingham Palace - was opened by Brian May on top of the Palace, playing the National Anthem.

A rock'n'roll moment that is very hard to beat.

With the Queen and Paddington Bear inside tapping We Will Rock You with a teaspoon on her teacup.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 1, 2022 16:28

Koen
CaptainCorella
treaclefingers
Doxa
colonial
I'm actually quite surprised there's been no concert tribute for our Queen, this is the one time I'd thought musicians from the United Kingdom and those involved with the music industry would have got together for a concert.

Why?

- Doxa

I'd love to have a reunited Sex Pistols (or whatever they can cobble together) come up for a round of God Save The Queen, and why not for old times sake, Anarchy in the UK?

HEY! And the tribute the Queen could be headlined by...are you ready for it?...think hard...who could it be?

THAT'S RIGHT....a Freddie Mercury-less QUEEN!

Oh dear. You are clearly forgetting that in 2002 for the Queen's Jubilee that year, that the entire show - based around Buckingham Palace - was opened by Brian May on top of the Palace, playing the National Anthem.

A rock'n'roll moment that is very hard to beat.

With the Queen and Paddington Bear inside tapping We Will Rock You with a teaspoon on her teacup.

I thought that the jubilee sketch with the Queen and Paddington Bear was very touching. She was quite a good actress, our late Queen smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 1, 2022 16:48

Big Al
I thought that the jubilee sketch with the Queen and Paddington Bear was very touching. She was quite a good actress, our late Queen smiling smiley

She was excellent in front of the cameras. The crews who recorded her Christmas messages, and other recorded bits, called her ‘One-take Windsor.’

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 3, 2022 02:10

SomeTorontoGirl
Big Al

She was excellent in front of the cameras. The crews who recorded her Christmas messages, and other recorded bits, called her ‘One-take Windsor.’

SomeTorontoGirl "One-take Windsor" I like that, cool smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 4, 2022 04:50

This would be cool for our Queen's tribute concert with bands/musicians from the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland plus bands/musicians from all of our Queen's commonwealth countries. Outside Buckingham Palace would be an excellent place to have it.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 4, 2022 08:13

colonial
This would be cool for our Queen's tribute concert with bands/musicians from the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland plus bands/musicians from all of our Queen's commonwealth countries. Outside Buckingham Palace would be an excellent place to have it.

Yes, but the line-up will be predictable: Elton, Rod, Cliff, and Brian May eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home