Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Today in 1974 Rory Destroys Aerosmith in NYC
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 8, 2022 00:23

Joe Perry from Aerosmith: ”We played the outdoor Schaefer Music Festival in Central Park, fifty thousand people strong, where Rory Gallagher opened for us. He was a hard-drinking Irishman with his own brand of blues rock that captivated the crowd... When he finally left the stage, the crowd, wanting more Rory, started throwing cans and bottles. We set up among the flying debris. The debris kept flying during our set. Brad got hit and a broken bottle cut Joey’s arm...I remember it as the only time that we were blown off fair and square in true rock-and-roll style. That night Rory Gallagher was just too good to stop."

video: [youtu.be]

Re: OT: Today in 1974 Rory Destroys Aerosmith in NYC
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2022 02:40

"I remember it as the only time that we were blown off fair and square in true rock-and-roll style..."

Interesting...I saw Guns N' Roses blow Aerosmith to smithereens when they opened for them back in 1988 at the Pacific Ampitheater in Costa Mesa, CA.
Most in attendance would agree...G'N'R' were young and hungry with an appetite for destruction (winking smiley ), while Aerosmith appeared over the hill while in the process of making a comeback.
Interesting to note though that G'N'R were pretty terrible just a year later when opening for the Stones at the L.A. Coliseum...almost as bad as Living Colour...Axl having a tantrum on stage threatening to quit the band...
They seemingly imploded in the blink of an eye, and while they still were popular for a couple of years, they basically ended just as fast as they started...

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 8, 2022 16:50

Why were Living Colour as bad as Guns & Roses? I don't remember them being bad...

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: September 8, 2022 17:29

All respect to Rory! but I remember Living Color being pretty damn good, maybe not stadium ready but they were a killer band. Vernon Reid is an amazing guitarist.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: September 8, 2022 22:34

I thought Living Colour was alright

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 8, 2022 23:18

If you watch the documentary about the band Kansas, Miracles Out Of Nowhere.
There was an incident where Steve Tyler started pulling out power lines trying to get Kansas to stop playing before Aerosmith took the stage. He was afraid they were blowing then away

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 9, 2022 23:12

"50,000" at Wollman - lol - more like 5k-maybe

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 10, 2022 08:04

roryfaninva
Joe Perry from Aerosmith: ”We played the outdoor Schaefer Music Festival in Central Park, fifty thousand people strong, where Rory Gallagher opened for us. He was a hard-drinking Irishman with his own brand of blues rock that captivated the crowd... When he finally left the stage, the crowd, wanting more Rory, started throwing cans and bottles. We set up among the flying debris. The debris kept flying during our set. Brad got hit and a broken bottle cut Joey’s arm...I remember it as the only time that we were blown off fair and square in true rock-and-roll style. That night Rory Gallagher was just too good to stop."

video: [youtu.be][/quote

Similar to the situation in Spinal Tap. They had to apologize for Duke Fame's set. They were still booing him when Tap came on!smiling smiley

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: September 10, 2022 12:55

what about THIS solo ...
[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home