Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: What’s next from the vault?
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 10, 2022 15:10

Just watch closely the "My Life As A Rolling Stone" series. You can see that there are stacks and shelves of unreleased tapes, including from the '72 tour.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 10, 2022 15:21

But we all know about the upcoming Vault release. It would be 12 SHM-CDs from In Mono box set and (allegedly) the new re-issue of In Mono box set as colored vinyl (minus Stray Cats).
What else do you want? The X-mas market is filled.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: September 10, 2022 16:45

ironbelly
But we all know about the upcoming Vault release. It would be 12 SHM-CDs from In Mono box set and (allegedly) the new re-issue of In Mono box set as colored vinyl (minus Stray Cats).

Ugh who’s waiting for these?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 10, 2022 16:48

ironbelly
That's ABKCO. The Stones will do their own releases completely independent from that.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 10, 2022 17:49

kevinkamphuis
ironbelly

Ugh who’s waiting for these?

No kidding. I have Through The Past Darkly on SHM-CD. They're clean, but flat, in a boring way.

Date: September 10, 2022 17:51

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler
The 1999 Shepherd’s Bush Empire gig?

We already have a 1999 No Security DVD. Is Shepherd's Bush Empire a different setlist?

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Honky Tonk Women (with Sheryl Crow)
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

Not appreciably different. I'm surprised how slowed down Shattered is. When I saw them in Anaheim they came out blazing with JJF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-10 17:54 by 24FPS.

Date: September 10, 2022 18:55

24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

We already have a 1999 No Security DVD. Is Shepherd's Bush Empire a different setlist?

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

Not appreciably different. I'm surprised how slowed down Shattered is. When I saw them in Anaheim they came out blazing with JJF.
It's more like the original tempo. I think that's much cooler than many of the rushed versions we have.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 10, 2022 19:20

24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

Not appreciably different? huh? One one-off (Moon Is Up), one song which has only been performed once before and never again (Melody) and two songs that has just been done 8 times (Brand New Car and I Got The Blues)…

Date: September 22, 2022 03:04

I can't believe it. I just thought of two more releases, I don't think either was filmed, but they were Golden Age, and they were club dates. It wouldn't have been like them not to record them.

1981 - Sir Morgan's Cove. As a setlist its got Everybody Needs Somebody to Love, Mona, the first time they played Let It Bleed, I Just Want To Make Love To You, and She's So Cold, which might have sounded better in a small venue. And of course warhorses. Not a long set, 17 songs, but it would still make a nice little release.

1989 - Toad's Place - an even shorter set. Maybe they could do a twofer. Pretty much warhorses, but they perform Little Red Rooster.

Did they do a European warmup for Urban Jungle?

Can anyone think of any smaller gigs where they did an interesting setlist?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 22, 2022 03:28

There's all sorts of club gig video with fascinating setlists around. If you are willing to settle for post 1999 stuff that is

Date: September 22, 2022 05:13

Nikkei
There's all sorts of club gig video with fascinating setlists around. If you are willing to settle for post 1999 stuff that is

Not really. I did enjoy Sticky Fingers at the Fonda, but I feel no urge to own it. There's so many juicy things they played in rehearsals that never made it to stage that I'd love to hear. And of course the rehearsals with Bill and Mick T. in 2012.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2022 06:57

StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

It's more like the original tempo. I think that's much cooler than many of the rushed versions we have.

The 1994-95 version of Shattered is supreme. Especially 8-14-1994.

Sometimes slower is better. Shattered especially prospered from that.

Date: September 22, 2022 19:40

GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

The last thing Shattered needed was to be slowed down. It's a fast punkish song. When I saw them in 2005 they slowed Get Off of My Cloud almost down to a waltz. I prefer the relentless drive on Got Live If You Want It.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 22, 2022 23:26

24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

The last thing Shattered needed was to be slowed down. It's a fast punkish song. When I saw them in 2005 they slowed Get Off of My Cloud almost down to a waltz. I prefer the relentless drive on Got Live If You Want It.

I prefer the slow versions of 1994 and 2021 over the super fast versions of 78, 82 and 2016 (Bacon Theatre). I like the groove of the studio Version. The 1994 versions are the ones that are closest to that

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 22, 2022 23:41

24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

your wrong about shattered but right about get off of my cloud

2005 version is terrible and the version gliywi has never been beat

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 23, 2022 00:04

1972 Philadelphia or New York July 25,1972, second show, or any show they have in their possession which has better sound quality than L&G

Date: September 23, 2022 07:37

Taylor1
1972 Philadelphia or New York July 25,1972, second show, or any show they have in their possession which has better sound quality than L&G

When I saw Ladies and Gentlemen in a midnight showing, circa 1976, it was advertised as being in Quadraphonic sound. Did something happen to those Quad tapes? They'd have to be better than what we've received so far.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2022 08:10

24FPS
Taylor1

When I saw Ladies and Gentlemen in a midnight showing, circa 1976, it was advertised as being in Quadraphonic sound. Did something happen to those Quad tapes? They'd have to be better than what we've received so far.

For me, Ladies & Gentlemen has to be the most disappointing official live release. It’s such a stellar show, but the sound is terrible. I had the bootleg for many years and was excited to hear - what I thought - would be an immense upgrade. Oh well. Here’s hoping that one day we’ll be graced with something worthy from then ‘72 North America Tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2022 11:05

ProfessorWolf
this[/b]

Yes! This!

- Doxa

Date: September 23, 2022 11:20

Big Al
24FPS
Taylor1

For me, Ladies & Gentlemen has to be the most disappointing official live release. It’s such a stellar show, but the sound is terrible. I had the bootleg for many years and was excited to hear - what I thought - would be an immense upgrade. Oh well. Here’s hoping that one day we’ll be graced with something worthy from then ‘72 North America Tour.
True. Had the same disappointing experience.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 23, 2022 11:49

I think we must accept that sometimes the quality expected of a commercial release just isn't there in the surviving original sources.

On balance, I think I'd usually prefer to see and/or hear what we have than to get something that's been digitally mucked about with under the guise of "restoration". "

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2022 12:51

Spud
I think we must accept that sometimes the quality expected of a commercial release just isn't there in the surviving original sources.

On balance, I think I'd usually prefer to see and/or hear what we have than to get something that's been digitally mucked about with under the guise of "restoration". "

It's just that I wonder whether they could've done any more with Ladies & Gentlemen. Whilst I certainly wouldn't have like the producer to tinker too much, I'd have hoped they could at least create something that's listenable. I'll put the release on again soon, but I just don't recall it being very good.

Out of curiosity: what was the source of the scrapped 1972 live album? Could that not be worked on for a 'vault release?'

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 23, 2022 12:55

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
this[/b]

Yes! This!

- Doxa

absolutely this!

and next year will 60 years since that show would be a great time to release it in someway

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2022 13:25

ProfessorWolf

absolutely this!

and next year will 60 years since that show would be a great time to release it in someway

I didn't even know that something like this exists. If the sound quality is somehow within acceptable/listenable this is as much a holy grail to me as El Mocambo was.

- Doxa

Date: September 23, 2022 13:31

24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

Shattered a fast punkish song? Live often yes - but the original version actually has a really cool vibe to it and is slower than most live versions. So in my opinion Shattered is undeniably a song that profits from being played slowed down. Same with Miss You. (And with slowed down I don't mean necessary slower than the studio version but keeping the same cool vibe the original recording has)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 13:38 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 23, 2022 13:37

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

2005 was actually quite good IMHO. What I thought was really terrible were the speed up 2006 versions when Mick sang "hey! you! getoffamycloud". He sang "getoffamycloud" as if it was one word while the backing vocals sang is normal. It was just really strange.

Date: September 23, 2022 16:07

StonedRambler
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

2005 was actually quite good IMHO. What I thought was really terrible were the speed up 2006 versions when Mick sang "hey! you! getoffamycloud". He sang "getoffamycloud" as if it was one word while the backing vocals sang is normal. It was just really strange.

The Salt Lake City 2005 version has got the same speed as the studio version! I just compared it. Can you tell which version is slow? btw some songs on Pheonix Theatre 2005 are VERY slow. Especially Tumbling Dice. Keith starts very slow and Charlie tries to speed up. Sounds funny.

Date: September 23, 2022 16:28

hockenheim95
StonedRambler
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

The Salt Lake City 2005 version has got the same speed as the studio version! I just compared it. Can you tell which version is slow? btw some songs on Pheonix Theatre 2005 are VERY slow. Especially Tumbling Dice. Keith starts very slow and Charlie tries to speed up. Sounds funny.
I never thought or said the 2005 were super slow, they are similar to the original tempo, only think the 2006 versions were super fast. You to ask 24FPS who initially wrote that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 23, 2022 17:00

ironbelly

There's no Stray Cats in the re-release?! Is that confirmed???

Date: September 23, 2022 17:25

StonedRambler
hockenheim95
StonedRambler
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar

I never thought or said the 2005 were super slow, they are similar to the original tempo, only think the 2006 versions were super fast. You to ask 24FPS who initially wrote that.

You're right. This question was directed to 24FPS!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home